Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 163672 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #1950 on: June 09, 2015, 07:41:28 am »
Wasn't a big Stannis fan in the first place and now I don't like the character at all, I found him boring in the first place now he has burned his own child to death, more fucked up than Ramsay, though I actually like Ramsay just because he's bat shit crazy and a brilliant character altogether.

I have to agree the fight scenes were pretty bad, Jorah is an absolute melt, he really doesn't seem good enough with a sword to have been a Knight, plus the actor Iain Glen is just slow and awkward looking in every fight scene I've seen him in so that makes him look even worse than he is probably meant to look. The Unsullied seem to be absolutely fucking useless, they are supposed to be an awesome Infantry power yet they seem to get rekt pretty easily by a bunch of masked bundle of stickss, just a lot of this shit combined made the fight scenes shitty this episode.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 09, 2015, 10:36:38 am »
Now, this really opens up Stannis. I mean, at this point he's going to question who he really is and what he's fighting for. I think the show will be able to develop him in a much more interesting way. Giving up pretty much the only thing he ever really cared for, and really to secure her own birthright. I don't think he's completely power hungry. He thinks he's doing what's right.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #1952 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:04 am »
+2
I don't think he's completely power hungry. He thinks he's doing what's right.

killing his own brother,  killing his daughter,  repetedly thinking about killing his only friend,  all for the greater good.  the greater good being a hot red psycho witch bitch with great titts  thats not only a good fuck,  but a great mindfuck as well  :mrgreen:
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #1953 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:40 am »
+1
Well, what he did was sick but on the other hand he had to care about thousands of people under his command who would probably starve/freeze do death, he cares about his people, he would be a good king.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 09, 2015, 11:27:04 am »
+7
plus the actor Iain Glen is just slow and awkward looking in every fight scene I've seen him
I thought this move was pretty cool though, for the series standards.

http://youtu.be/Q8dII-NmjpA?t=1m38s

On an unrelated note, Arya screaming "oysters, clams and cockels!" might be one of the worst sounds I have had to endure, god what an annoying voice.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #1955 on: June 09, 2015, 11:29:59 am »
Well, what he did was sick but on the other hand he had to care about thousands of people under his command who would probably starve/freeze do death, he cares about his people, he would be a good king.

I don't really remember what caring soul brought those thousands of people into that starve/freeze scenario, please remind me :D :D :D
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #1956 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:15 am »
I thought this move was pretty cool though, for the series standards.

http://youtu.be/Q8dII-NmjpA?t=1m38s

On an unrelated note, Arya screaming "oysters, clams and cockels!" might be one of the worst sounds I have had to endure, god what an annoying voice.

yeah its weird,  some scenes are absolotely ok,  other suck so much it isnt funny anymore.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 09, 2015, 11:59:25 am »
+1
My jimmies are rustling because tons of people are defending the shitty directing/choreography of the Unsullied with "they're trained for the battlefield, not to be cops!!!!"

I'm not even sure what the logic is with that one, it's not like they're told they can only use their taser on the Sons of the Harpy...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 09, 2015, 12:23:57 pm »
My jimmies are rustling because tons of people are defending the shitty directing/choreography of the Unsullied with "they're trained for the battlefield, not to be cops!!!!"

I'm not even sure what the logic is with that one, it's not like they're told they can only use their taser on the Sons of the Harpy...

Lol people use that as an argument? It looked like they're trained to be strawmen more than anything else.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 09, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »
Well, I did recall reading in the books that their strength is discipline and that they are not as physically strong as other men because they lost their balls early. Which makes sense, so in situations where discipline matters less, they are less fearsome. Still, their training, experience and armour should make them more than a match for some city boys with kitchen knives. I don't know why they decide to show Unsullied getting insta-wrecked every time. The Harpies have overwhelming odds of 10 to 1 Unsullied anyway in every fight so far, they could easily show the Unsullied going beast mode for a bit only to be overwhelmed despite their obvious skill. Guess the Series Unsullied weren't trained to use swords, or no one thought of equipping them with swords in a city.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #1960 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:13 pm »
When I think again in the first fight in the arena, the agile guy had several times a nude neck fairly exposed, the guy couldn't hit him, and instead of cutting his throat off, the guy gently hit the back where the big guy had an armor. That's idiotic. They should hire a proper guy to make the fights, because it's getting retarded.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 09, 2015, 01:19:58 pm »
Well, I did recall reading in the books that their strength is discipline and that they are not as physically strong as other men because they lost their balls early. Which makes sense, so in situations where discipline matters less, they are less fearsome. Still, their training, experience and armour should make them more than a match for some city boys with kitchen knives. I don't know why they decide to show Unsullied getting insta-wrecked every time. The Harpies have overwhelming odds of 10 to 1 Unsullied anyway in every fight so far, they could easily show the Unsullied going beast mode for a bit only to be overwhelmed despite their obvious skill. Guess the Series Unsullied weren't trained to use swords, or no one thought of equipping them with swords in a city.
Yes, they'd be at a disadvantage if you took someone with Unsullied training + balls and put them 1v1 against them. But just like the Water Dancers own people left and right with no strength, the Unsullied should be killing people effortlessly - they've trained their whole lives. The series Unsullied are mentioned, by the way, as being "masters of the short sword" too. I mean, it'd make sense if 10 Unsullied lost against 10 Mercenaries in some alley fight because they're trained to fight on the battlefield, but that's about as far as that extends.

When I think again in the first fight in the arena, the agile guy had several times a nude neck fairly exposed, the guy couldn't hit him, and instead of cutting his throat off, the guy gently hit the back where the big guy had an armor. That's idiotic. They should hire a proper guy to make the fights, because it's getting retarded.
This happens constantly, same with the scene where Barristan died.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1962 on: June 09, 2015, 01:25:52 pm »
+1
Yeah thought this one was dumb as well. Just wanted it to be over asap.

Also on top of that, the CGI background when Daenerys was riding the dragon was bloody terrible. It seemed like a case of 'spent all the money on the dragon LOL so lets copy and paste a picture as the background'.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 09, 2015, 01:28:49 pm »
The dragon looked really good on my high-def episode when Daenerys was about to touch it, though, so props for that.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:41 pm »
The Unsullied do appear more and more like the stormtroopers of the GoT universe. We keep hearing how powerful they are and yet what we see is the complete opposite.