Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 186182 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2475 on: June 07, 2016, 01:28:33 am »
+1
As unbelievable as certain plot points in their arcs may be, Arya, the queen of thorns, and Yara (and the new 10 year old) are definitely the most likable girls/women on the show, and I don't mind rooting for them. Sansa and Dany, however.... ugh. Pure cringe all over their storylines. For all we know the 10 year old leader was straight up asking her advisers what she should do, and then just relayed their message to Sansa/Jon. I guess if you really wanted to look at it with your anti-feminazi glasses on, then it could come across as her just asking them about facts and making the decisions on her own, but I chose to not give a shit either way as it was a fairly entertaining scene in the otherwise-weak Sansa story.

Yeah those are nice to watch. I didn't much care for the Ayra and the faceless men story arc so I'm glad that's taking a different path. But Xant is right. Even if the girl was cool, she was making decisions without the advisors after ser davos stepped in.

I don't care though because that was an interesting scene.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2476 on: June 07, 2016, 01:38:18 am »
+1
Yeah those are nice to watch. I didn't much care for the Ayra and the faceless men story arc so I'm glad that's taking a different path. But Xant is right. Even if the girl was cool, she was making decisions without the advisors after ser davos stepped in.

I don't care though because that was an interesting scene.

Yeah, all I want to know is who Arya happens to bump into that saves her life... can't think of any other characters that'd be over there, unless Jorah traveled real fast and found an elixir that can both cure his disease and multiple stab wounds at once. Or maybe it'll just be another red priest(ess) who shows up to save the day.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 07, 2016, 01:51:59 am »
+3
Yeah, all I want to know is who Arya happens to bump into that saves her life... can't think of any other characters that'd be over there, unless Jorah traveled real fast and found an elixir that can both cure his disease and multiple stab wounds at once. Or maybe it'll just be another red priest(ess) who shows up to save the day.
well in the books she had made friends there, I bet the lady she refused to poison in that actors clan saves her.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:07:18 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2478 on: June 07, 2016, 02:57:29 am »
+1
well in the books she had made friends there, I bet the lady she refused to poison in that actors clan saves her.

That'd make sense. Inb4 jorah/dany tho and then it becomes super girl power. I will say for the red priestesses.. they are fucking everywhere.

I do want to see how things go with tyrion and bronn when the whole thing finally works its way over to westeros. Will bronn swing over to tyrion betraying jaime/the lannisters or will he keep his back turned to tyrion?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: June 07, 2016, 03:20:56 am »
That'd make sense. Inb4 jorah/dany tho and then it becomes super girl power. I will say for the red priestesses.. they are fucking everywhere.

I do want to see how things go with tyrion and bronn when the whole thing finally works its way over to westeros. Will bronn swing over to tyrion betraying jaime/the lannisters or will he keep his back turned to tyrion?
(click to show/hide)
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2480 on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:36 am »
+1
now i'm gonna be honest with you my dudes i only read the first book and got halfway through the second before i got off the bus and then lost it and never looked for another, so idk about any of this "book" stuff but here's some liquid hot fire guesses for you boys:

1. Theons sister whose name i forgot(Myra? Yara?) is gonna go over to Dany like they're sayin but its not gonna work out because the ironborn are savages who rape people on the reg. I think Dany is going to just be all "lol nigga i'm takin ur boats" and we are gonna see a fight of ironborn vs unsullied resulting in ironborn ded rip in cheese with Theon and Theons Sister surviving.

2. The Umbers will betray the Boltons. From what I do know about the Umbers, they definitely dont seem like the type at all to throw in with the Boltons. The Greatjon seemed like an honorable man and his sons did too. I dont understand this 360 that the Karstarks and the Umbers have to where now they are murdering pedophile rapers who like to skin people as well. The Karstarks are bum blasted about their dad getting 360 no scoped by Robb Stark(rest in peace) so they kind of make sense for not supporting the Starks even tho their dad deserved it rofl. So this betrayal of the Umbers during the Snow Bowl 2k16 will result in a victory for the Starks. Ramsey will get away tho because his plot armor is thicker than my dick.

3. Cleganebowl 2k16 will be a massive cock tease. They're gonna show it in promos but its not gonna happen. In either the second to last or the last episode it'll be about to start and then they'll leave it on some cliffhanger(probably a friend the Hound makes along the way betraying him or something).

let me kno what u think

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2481 on: June 07, 2016, 09:53:49 am »
+1
let me kno what u think
1. A woman who just got a Dothraki army (land ironborn pretty much) rejecting the ironborn? Wouldn't make sense at all. Her army is already mostly comprised of "savages who rape people on the reg" in the Dothraki... Besides, when she returns the truce will most likely be broken and they may arrive in the middle of the battle, helping her win it.
(click to show/hide)

2. Possibly, but my money is on Littlefinger (maybe with the Manderlys) riding in to save the day because Sansa sent him a secret message and he wants some of that.

3. The BWB under Beric was not the same as the guys that we saw last episode, maybe Beric has finally lost himself, or there has been a change of leadership...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2482 on: June 07, 2016, 01:13:30 pm »

That was my theory. The actress will take her in.

Looks like next episode she's on the run again from the preview so she definitely gets fixed up quick.
2. Possibly, but my money is on Littlefinger (maybe with the Manderlys) riding in to save the day because Sansa sent him a secret message and he wants some of that.

Yeah it's already going to be Littlefinger just by the message Sansa sends.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: June 08, 2016, 03:03:10 am »
+1
3. The BWB under Beric was not the same as the guys that we saw last episode, maybe Beric has finally lost himself, or there has been a change of leadership...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:17:52 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2484 on: June 08, 2016, 07:04:19 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2485 on: June 08, 2016, 07:58:09 am »
+2

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #2486 on: June 08, 2016, 08:19:17 am »
let me kno what u think

1. This will probably be in the final episode but I think more likely the Ironborn and Dothraki are both going to arrive in Mereen at the same time. And their arrival will coincide with the Slavers showing up with a big army after breaking the truce with Tyrion, so we'll get a big battle or the resolution of a big battle at the beginning of next season.

2. I don't think the Umbers are going to betray the Boltons but they might run away sooner if Littlefinger and the Vale army show up to tilt the balance. The Umbers already killed Rickon's direwolf and Rickon's probably going to die too since Ramsay has him, so I don't see them switching sides at this point.

3. Agree with you on this one, no Cleganebowl this season or maybe at all.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2487 on: June 08, 2016, 12:48:01 pm »
I think a lot of the North Lord's will just stay out of it. They have no love for the Bolton's and will probably wait and see which way things are going rather than pick and choose. Heck if the whole thing is based loosely on the War of the Roses then that would be pretty accurate, especially for the 3rd stages of the War of the Roses, which by this point is actually quite similar to the current setup in GoT.

Seen some crazy Arya theories running around. Some are that Jaqen H'ghar was pretending to be Arya in the last episode as a test of the waif's true intentions. Based on things like Arya not having needle and having all that gold. I would be surprised as it would make little sense but who knows with GoT these days.

Also wtf is up with the Waif. She's supposed to be all faceless man, no motives for killing but she clearly has some ridiculous grudge thing going on with Arya.

I didn't much care for the Ayra and the faceless men story arc so I'm glad that's taking a different path.

Thing is they just wasted what, 2 seasons, with that story arc if they don't follow it through and for absolutely no obvious purpose. I suspect they will continue that one just because dropping it now would have been a massive waste of time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:56:50 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2488 on: June 08, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »
Seen some crazy Arya theories running around. Some are that Jaqen H'ghar was pretending to be Arya in the last episode as a test of the waif's true intentions. Based on things like Arya not having needle and having all that gold. I would be surprised as it would make little sense but who knows with GoT these days.

Saw that theory as well... my question is that while we know he can obviously change faces, can he also shrink himself? I'm don't recall if we've ever seen a faceless man shrink or grow in size before, since as their name implies, they change faces, not bodies.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: June 08, 2016, 04:05:52 pm »
+2
I liked the Jaime scenes in the last episode, I think he is one of the few interesting characters left and despite him becoming more boring, I still have hope that he'll be a selfish badass again. Finally out of the whiny father/lover mode and back to war. Also, Bronn is always fun. The return of Sandor is even better, though I do not really see him doing much more than dying in a violent, but unimportant blaze of glory. Make Game of Thrones great again, bring back the morally questionable badasses.

(click to show/hide)