Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 164687 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2460 on: June 06, 2016, 08:42:38 pm »
+1
Gjnus can you make me an avatar pic
(click to show/hide)
like you did with Ser Alistair Thorne?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:32:27 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2461 on: June 06, 2016, 08:50:38 pm »
+4

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2462 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:09 pm »
They've had a few more 'famous' actors making cameos recently. Mostly just for an episode as a side character. Seems to be the new thing. Richard E Grant was one of the actors in the play.

Enjoyed the episode, even with a couple of lol scenes. Glad to see the hound make a return, he was always one of the more interesting characters. Ser Davos is awesome as usual. Though Jon and Theon constantly being little bitches compared to Sansa and Yara is getting tiring. Theon I can understand, anybody would be fucked up after what he went through but Jon has no excuse.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #2463 on: June 06, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »
+2
Gjnus can you make me an avatar pic
(click to show/hide)
like you did with Ser Alistair Thorne?
(click to show/hide)

On my way.  :wink:

I'm also a fan of Ian McShane for years, since Lovejoy.  8-)
My favorite chars in shows like this are always these grizzled veterans like Blackfish and Clive Russell is a good choice for that, imposing Scottish presence, loved him in Ripper Street, 13th Warrior and Cracker.  :P
Too bad that awesome characters like Yoren, Jeor Mormont, Alliser Thorne and such have a short lifespan in this show, while pathetic & useless swines & scumbags of all kinds somehow manage to survive longer. I wonder how Blackfish will die, certainly not of old age. The actor is in his 70's same as McShane, who would of thought.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 06, 2016, 09:56:21 pm »
+1
Proper quality:

(click to show/hide)

8-)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #2465 on: June 06, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »
Can I call dips on the next one hanging in a noose?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 06, 2016, 10:34:44 pm »
Proper quality:

(click to show/hide)

8-)
thanks man, you need some crpg gold?
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: June 06, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »
thanks man, you need some crpg gold?

Since my last proper play was in 2014 I don't think so.  8-)

Maybe the pic is too large for an avatar.  :P

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2468 on: June 06, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »
Well at least this was interesting. Hound's back and I expect to see a bunch of dead people and chickens next episode. Dis gonna b gud.

The hound part was more interesting than the whole "mother of dragons" shit the last couple episodes. And while arya walked off the injury (somehow), I'm glad to see her return to the stark persona than trying to fit into the faceless man thing. She didn't fit and it was awkward to have her try.

And finally Theon seems to be returning to Theon rather than Reek with a semblance of a backbone. Gonna see how that goes next episode. Theon had a bunch of shit happening to him so the whole Yara thing doesn't bother me at all since he got fucked up.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 07, 2016, 12:24:13 am »
Theon being a little bitch is completely fine, and Yara is one of the more tolerable female characters, it's just that the dynamic follows the same trend as GoT in general these days. Strong woman in charge of everything, little bitch guy serving her.

That was a super feminist episode from start to finish as always, having a dude admiring how tough Hound is, going on about how it must've taken tons of guys to bring him down, then Hound goes "it was a woman :)", then we see the most unbelievable leader yet (that's saying much since we have Daenerys), a ten year old girl who makes solo decisions about going to war and risking her entire house if it goes to shit, then some Jon-Snow-is-a-bitch-while-Sansa-shows-backbone (holy fuck she's become annoying with her new persona btw), then Arya, our 140cm assassin heroine, survives an attack that should have killed her (surprised by an elite female assassin, of course), then the Yara and Theon scene... only thing that was missing was some glorious Daenerys action. Ah yes, and of course in King's Landing we're being prepared for Margaery saving the day by fooling the hobo monks.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2470 on: June 07, 2016, 12:29:35 am »
+8
TBQH i think its just a Stark trait that they take a billion stab wounds to kill. Robb Stark got blasted by like 5 crossbow bolts and was still gucci until they cut his throat, it took like 9 guys to stab Jon Snow to death, Ned Stark took like 3 arrows to the chest and kept fighting orks until Aragorn showed up, etc etc

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2471 on: June 07, 2016, 12:44:16 am »
TBQH i think its just a Stark trait that they take a billion stab wounds to kill. Robb Stark got blasted by like 5 crossbow bolts and was still gucci until they cut his throat, it took like 9 guys to stab Jon Snow to death, Ned Stark took like 3 arrows to the chest and kept fighting orks until Aragorn showed up, etc etc

Wrong fandom m8.

But yeah. I get it. I've complained about the whole "women stronk" meme they got going on in GoT atm. But the Yara/Theon one isn't really an example of it.

I will agree that Sansa is being annoying as well. No real reason why she acts like she does other than the story demands it. No real growth to get to that point. The rapes and abuse sure but in the show there's no real connection to show why she gets stronger in character other than gurl powa.

I also don't know why Arya didn't expect some repercussions for the decision to not kill her target. And then just stumbling through the city bleeding all over. She got knocked off her pedestal real quick.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 07, 2016, 12:52:43 am »
what happened to Boramir Starks horn?

When is someone going to tell Cersai that it was the Queen of Thorns that poisoned Joffrey? That old bat She has been alive too long and I want to see Ma-Ma err Cersai go ballistic on her.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:12:00 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2473 on: June 07, 2016, 01:01:29 am »
+3
As unbelievable as certain plot points in their arcs may be, Arya, the queen of thorns, and Yara (and the new 10 year old) are definitely the most likable girls/women on the show, and I don't mind rooting for them. Sansa and Dany, however.... ugh. Pure cringe all over their storylines. For all we know the 10 year old leader was straight up asking her advisers what she should do, and then just relayed their message to Sansa/Jon. I guess if you really wanted to look at it with your anti-feminazi glasses on, then it could come across as her just asking them about facts and making the decisions on her own, but I chose to not give a shit either way as it was a fairly entertaining scene in the otherwise-weak Sansa story.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 07, 2016, 01:09:20 am »
+1
For all we know the 10 year old leader was straight up asking her advisers what she should do, and then just relayed their message to Sansa/Jon. I guess if you really wanted to look at it with your anti-feminazi glasses on, then it could come across as her just asking them about facts and making the decisions on her own, but I chose to not give a shit either way as it was a fairly entertaining scene in the otherwise-weak Sansa story.
Uhm, no, she was very clearly not "straight up asking her advisers what she should do and then relaying their message". It was obvious, and even directly stated, that she was only consulting the Maester about the history/current standing of Houses she didn't know of. It could not be more obvious that she was making the big decisions on her own. She consulted no one when making them. She asked the man on her right about how many troops can be gathered (AFTER the decision had been made) and the Maester on her left about the houses (and waved him to be quiet when he tried to influence her decision).

Understanding what you're watching isn't "anti-feminazi glasses."

And how the hell was that little girl likable? She used the most obnoxious tone ever, and just came off as a belligerent child.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:14:59 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.