Author Topic: Question For EUs  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Question For EUs
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »
+1
That is covered everywhere. Cuz USA dem violent people with guns. Also, more people died in a boat trying to cross the mediterranean, but that was just a one liner on my news channel.

Here in Belgium we had someone firing an assault rifle and throwing grenades at people in Liege, just over a year ago. Grenades !

Admittedly that doesn't even happen twice a century here. But we have more mothers gutting their 5 children.

(...) dont have any statistics but i know (...)

No...

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 08:18:46 pm »

No...

:)

Well now i googled it and it says that between 15-24 years old swedes it is around 22% hmm..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:23:09 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 08:19:52 pm »
+6
In that case, for best protection everyone should own an atomic bomb. To be able to defend himself :rolleyes:

This is not a bad idea, actually.
I mean, atomic bombs don't kill people, the guy who detonates them does.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1485
  • Infamy: 2844
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 08:21:07 pm »
Sweden, dont have any statistics but i know the unemployment is there.

Well, if it's higher than 10% thats a bit alarming. In my country unemployment rate is like in Spain, 25%...

This is how I look on that issue:

In developed western countries with unemployment rate of 4-6%, economy is very healthy, offering a lot of opportunities. It's not that hard to find a place under the sun for yourself in that kind of environment. Because of that, country is able to spend money on social programs for its own citizens who are unable to work. But many abuse those programs. Because of that and current situation in the world many countries decided to give a chance to foreign people who lived in countries that are in war. To give them chance for a better life.

Now there are same social programs for both residents and immigrants. At first they are the same, living at country's expense. But those immigrants have to live like that, because they don't speak language and are unable to work. After certain period they are supposed to somewhat assimilate and start working. In theory, those people can prove to be much more useful to country than those lazy residents who want to live from money they get from state.

Problem is that many immigrants started doing the same as lazy residents. Now, some of them are no different except that resident think they are better because they are born in that country. No one likes foreigners, because they are aliens. People are generally afraid of what they don't understand.

That's definitely not one sided issue, although many residents of those developed countries believe it is. Globalization comes with a price.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 08:21:39 pm »
+1
Good idea imo. :rolleyes:

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 08:24:15 pm »
This is not a bad idea, actually.
I mean, atomic bombs don't kill people, the guy who detonates them does.

+1

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 08:24:40 pm »
+1
Innocent people get shot, murdered and fucked up everyday, all around the world. I don't see over 9000 articles about that. Why the hell should I give even a slightly more shit about what happens in 'murica? A sick society creates sick people.

Sweden, unemployment 7,5%ish, youth unemployment around 22-23%.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:29:04 pm by Berserkadin »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2578
  • Infamy: 2158
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »
:)

Well now i googled it and it says that between 15-24 years old swedes it is around 22% hmm..

Here is 80% for 15-28 years old, I think...

15-24 go to school and later to university. No wonder they don't work lol

Edit: I'm wrong on this one.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:35:57 pm by Leshma »

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 08:33:24 pm »
Some people are just really fucked up in the head. If they have it in their mind that they're going to do something, they'll find a way to do it whether or not there are laws that facilitates them to procure whatever weapon they plan on using. Who's to say that if there had been a ban on guns that shooters like this wouldn't have acquired them through the black market or even do something equally horrific like go on a serial murder spree using any other non-firearm weapon. They could just as easily go on the internet and look up how to make a home made bomb using stuff from radio shack and walmart if they really wanted to. Heck a few buddies of mine made an auto-targeting turret that fired an electro-magnetic powered gun made from scratch (some wood, power source, coil, laptop, and a webcam) for a school project..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:40:25 pm by bilwit »

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 08:34:12 pm »
+1
Here is 80% for 15-28 years old, I think...

15-24 go to school and later to university. No wonder they don't work lol
As far as I know, people who are studying arent counted as being unemployed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 2379
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »
Yeah, you're right. My bad.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
Nooooo point for a civilian to own an assault weapon. In the near future assault weapons will be against the law to own.
Mark my words. ;]
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »
+1
people dont care anymore about americans killing each other, it always turn into guncontrol and laughing at their clueless replies. I think in time they will figure it out

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »
Nooooo point for a civilian to own an assault weapon. In the near future assault weapons will be against the law to own.
Mark my words. ;]
Are you Obama?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
Well, if it's higher than 10% thats a bit alarming. In my country unemployment rate is like in Spain, 25%...

This is how I look on that issue:

In developed western countries with unemployment rate of 4-6%, economy is very healthy, offering a lot of opportunities. It's not that hard to find a place under the sun for yourself in that kind of environment. Because of that, country is able to spend money on social programs for its own citizens who are unable to work. But many abuse those programs. Because of that and current situation in the world many countries decided to give a chance to foreign people who lived in countries that are in war. To give them chance for a better life.

Now there are same social programs for both residents and immigrants. At first they are the same, living at country's expense. But those immigrants have to live like that, because they don't speak language and are unable to work. After certain period they are supposed to somewhat assimilate and start working. In theory, those people can prove to be much more useful to country than those lazy residents who want to live from money they get from state.

Problem is that many immigrants started doing the same as lazy residents. Now, some of them are no different except that resident think they are better because they are born in that country. No one likes foreigners, because they are aliens. People are generally afraid of what they don't understand.

That's definitely not one sided issue, although many residents of those developed countries believe it is. Globalization comes with a price.

its not the fact that foreign people come to our country that annoys people its the fact they come here and work for less money.

I'm an electrician and there are very few foreigners who come here and do that job due to qualifications but people who say do plasterboard or plastering etc are nearly now only foreigners. They used to come here for 4-5 years earning money and living in poor and cramped housing then taking it home and being better off. That's great for them :D they earn more money here and can build a house back home etc etc.
The problem comes when the native workers in those industries get priced out and have to work for much lower wages to compete while having a higher living cost. That breeds the dislike not the actual people :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk