Author Topic: Nerf longspear and pike.  (Read 7482 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Nerf longspear and pike.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 06:03:51 am »
well?

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 06:55:14 am »
+2
like I said to another ignorant person on the server today...

Pike advantage: Lenght

Pike disadvantage: Low damage, slow as fuck, take 3 slot, cannot Sheath, one attack direction, make you move slower.

Yeah it's OP clearly...  8-)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:07 am »
pikes are fine.   learn to block a 2h, then play a long spear/pikeman.     i can never win against anyone whose any good. they are support. not 1v1

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 08:27:46 am »
You can't buff incompetence.
Must nerf everything else as a result then.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 08:43:29 am »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

From strat battles perspective everything what you said is not true (low dmg? Are u kidding me?). Or at least it's not disadvantage of pikes. There are almost no duels, mostly fight in clusterfuck and under these circumstances pikes are not only OP but also - if other team has dozen or more pikers - it's gamebreaking for every other melee class. At least in my opinion.

As to 1 vs 1 fights, yesterday, when I was spec, I saw Teeth killing some guy (Black Holes?), standing no more than 20 cm away from him with weird move and instant (really instant, there was almost no time to block it) hit in the head. So if you
can never win (1v1) against anyone whose any good
then you do sth wrong.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 11:10:28 am »
+1
Also, point blank pike and longspear are useless. If you can hold down block until you get in the guys face you force him to block only.
Pike maybe, although 3rd_Pikeman seems to be able to atleast put up a good fight in a 1 vs 1. Longspear is pretty do able in a 1 vs 1. Stabbing at 0 range is possible, but tricky. Being able to stab at 0 range means you can also kickstab, which is very effective to facehuggers.

Offline PawelDelta

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Pawlo_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Pawlo
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »
How about that pique and longspear which has length of 300, and it can block the ...? This is not real. Change the order to pique impossible to block.

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
How about that pique and longspear which has length of 300, and it can block the ...? This is not real. Change the order to pique impossible to block.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »
The problem isn't really pike formations, the problem is that pike/long spear + *anything else* = deadly combo. Not impossible to deal with usually, but still extremely powerful. The same applies to great and long mauls though.

The true problem is lightspeed side stepping. This, and not backpedalling per se, allows people to jump 5 meters away from you when they finally are within your range, the number one reason pikemen are not that easy and certainly not quick to kill at all. Reduce sidestepping to the same speed as backpedalling, problem nearly fixed, overheads reliable again, long weapons and dancers whining, gameplay about the actual mechanics and not about who breaks them the most, game 300% more awesome.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 01:36:01 pm »
+2
Easymode fighting them the only reason i die to em is cause im greedy for chambering them.. And chambering ls/pike is seriously a pain! Yet i always try..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »
+1
The true problem is lightspeed side stepping. This, and not backpedalling per se, allows people to jump 5 meters away from you when they finally are within your range, the number one reason pikemen are not that easy and certainly not quick to kill at all. Reduce sidestepping to the same speed as backpedalling, problem nearly fixed, overheads reliable again, long weapons and dancers whining

Making side stepping slower nerfs short fast weapons the most visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The gameplay would turn into 36str, glaive full plate s key (more so than it already is now)
gameplay about the actual mechanics and not about who breaks them the most, game 300% more awesome.
What does this even mean, the way it's coming across is you not being able to beat people who are good, so you want the game to degenerate into even more of a block attack boring slog than it already is in duels.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 1825
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 01:51:11 pm »
Well longspear/pike aren't perfect, actually they are broken in few ways. But, there are so many other broken and unrealistic things in this mod/game, don't know where to start really. I'll say leave pikes where they are atm. If things change (like turn nerf removal), something else will be done to make pikes or other "great" weapons less appealing to general population.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 02:07:06 pm »
+2
The thing that will probably never get implemented and is the most gamebreaking feature in this mod is xbows not requring skill.

turn nerf /long spear animation abooz/ lolstab in nothing compared to this.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 02:16:19 pm »
Making side stepping slower nerfs short fast weapons the most visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The gameplay would turn into 36str, glaive full plate s key (more so than it already is now)

I don't see how that can possibly nerf short weapons. Short weapons are penalized by movement, because they have the shortest reach, which means they are the ones being outreached due to people escaping by sidestepping. They are also the ones that glance on sidestepping facehuggers, because 1h animations are shit. A sidestepping nerf would make them actually benefit from their speed, being able to do more than one or zero feints when they have an opening, before the enemy goes out of reach again.

What does this even mean, the way it's coming across is you not being able to beat people who are good, so you want the game to degenerate into even more of a block attack boring slog than it already is in duels.

It does mean that I prefer a solid gameplay with a game engine that was made with it in mind rather than using unintended and random quirks of said engine. In warband, player collisions are shit, weapon momentum physics are shit. Using the fact that these are shit can mean being a good player to you, to me it only means you can break the engine to get cheap kills. I beat so-called "good" players only using the actual game mechanics rather than the repetitive lame-ass cheap-and-quick-kill tricks they will always try to perform, who is better ? They are breaking the gameplay. They are ruining it, bringing the days of spamfests back. Even worse, you can see new players imitating them, going full str running all over the place swinging their big weapons and not blocking even once.

I do not deny that duels made out of feints, chambers and holds, although I'm fine only using that, do tend to become too long. But random spam tricks are certainly not a good replacement for a skillbased gameplay. You can spam and move around, I can spam and move around, there is nothing difficult with that given the right build and equipment, the winner will be the luckiest.

Also, please downvote me more for openly stating my opinion. A king listens to his subjects.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 02:33:41 pm »
+1
Only thing I don't like about pikes is that overhead attack of them that should actually give blunt damage if it would be realistic because it's just the raising of the pike in the sky and then dropping it and not stabbing moreover it's hitting the body in the length of the wooden part actually. I don't like it but again it must be done to balance it it's only confusing in a fight with a pikemen sometimes.

But same attack with pike and the pikemen jumping back is one thing that could be changed. What bothers me is that the power is actually compensated when the pikemen is stabbing but at the same time jumping back to hit with the length of the pike. Just makes me think that pike is broken for balancing it. Some guys before me already said it too.