Author Topic: Remove Block change while kicking  (Read 500 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Remove Block change while kicking
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:49 am »
Title says it all.

Kick spam is frustrating and easy for every one to do. It comes with very little penalty.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Block change while kicking
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:18:54 am »
+5
Who exactly is "every one"? Cause most of the time, I get my face smashed in, if I miss a kick and same thing happens to those that try to kick me and fail. IF they do manage to block after a fail kick, its usually my own fault for not reacting fast enough.

If the penalty for failkicks would be as little as you claim, we'd have players spamming kicks so fast they be doing the can-can. I dont see it. Most players kicks are quite well timed and not random spam.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:32:17 am »
Are we playing the same game? Sorry forgot skill level is pretty high in aus. Kick has no risk. Why would the person get "smashed" when blocking works normally whilst kicking (other than down block) and you can block behind yourself. Try playing 1H and telling me kick isn't over used. Currently 1H shield cannot block at all while kicking.

I'm not asking for its removal, all I am asking is that a kick should be well timed and placed or the user runs the risk of getting hit. The easiest way to do this is using the block stun mechanic on the kicker if they block. In effect the would get one block direction while kicking so a fast opponent expecting a kick could get them.

kick chamber doesn't work as it requires giving up a movement key for an instant which is awkward
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 06:34:54 am »
+5
Another shit thread brought to you by PK
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:41:35 am »
I believe this thread was spawned through various players killing him with kicks.
Personally, I'm not sure why but I find it quite hard to block after kicking; it just feels weird. Also, there is a small window after kicking where you can't turn and a skilled/fast player will be able to exploit this and hit you in the back.
A large percentage of players either don't or can't kick and those who do often have other skills which kicking is simply to assist; why don't you complain about feinting while you're frustrated with the combat of the game?
VERY nice boy :)

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:07:39 am »
+3
First post of owens that I agree with, being able to block while kicking removes a lot of the danger from it...Also, for those not in the know, blocking while kicking is going to be removed as soon as the servers get updated.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:29 am »
^Really good to know.

Feinting is fine but a little weak these days. Some guys are really fast like albert and caeser.  So yeah albert it is a little frustrating being beaten by guys like you and caeser who used to stink but that's just how it is I guess. Im new to 1H and how much work it is normally I just S key away from feint spammers but when both combatants reach is similar You have to work harder.

spoiler is for albert
(click to show/hide)

Still Kick is very, very easy to pull of and stuffing one up should have more penalty than a slight chance that a fast player could hit you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:42:21 am by owens »
PK is back

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »
+1
Kicks are making the game harder for short weapons that already are UP compared to the longer ones.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:07:25 pm »
+1
Feinting is fine but a little weak these days. Some guys are really fast like albert and caeser.  So yeah albert it is a little frustrating being beaten by guys like you and caeser who used to stink but that's just how it is I guess. Im new to 1H and how much work it is normally I just S key away from feint spammers but when both combatants reach is similar You have to work harder.

spoiler is for albert
Just for you:
(click to show/hide)

Still Kick is very, very easy to pull of and stuffing one up should have more penalty than a slight chance that a fast player could hit you.

It is apparent that you did not deduce anything from reading my post. I was saying that it isn't as easy to kick well as you claim and the penalties are indeed worse than you claim.
That being said, I do find players that can block well after kicking a little frustrating.

(click to show/hide)

Also what you just said pretty well makes your first statements redundant; I am not a fast player (I have 10 agi at the moment) and I can fairly easily hit most players (not least of all you) after they kick through getting behind them, spamming them due to their timing being changed from kick, feinting unexpectedly etc, it is not as easy to block after kicking as you assume it is but it could use a slight increase in difficulty.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:14:58 pm by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:20 pm »
I play with a short 90 range 1h and no armor, I can get onehit by pretty much any hit so if I take a kick I die, and I gotta say, removing blocking from kicking is a horrid idea, only guys like hearst who are great at kicking are that hard to hit after they kick, and if you sense a kick coming chamber kick it, get out the way, stab, or jump over it, there are plenty viable ways to fight kicks already, the mod needs more decent and functional not just attacking and blocking mechanics like for example the kick added if it wants more enjoyable melee combat, not the current ones nerfed to oblivion...

Edit: And people standing still due to having kicked can only block behind them if you aim your attack like shit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.