Author Topic: Playing while name change pending  (Read 998 times)

Offline Dinc4rr

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Playing while name change pending
« on: April 24, 2011, 07:06:50 pm »
Can you keep playing after you submitted the name change and wait for the name to actually get changed?It says something like "warning: name change pending"
Or do i have to wait witout being able to play?

Offline Thalamond

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Playing while name change pending
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »
Yes you can :)

Offline Dinc4rr

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:12:28 pm »
ANd what happens if the name gets changed while i'm on a server?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:15:30 pm »
ANd what happens if the name gets changed while i'm on a server?

Then you will eventually notice the next time you kill someone or someone kills you.

I did this when name changing from Fallen_Xocoyol to Fallen_Tears_of_Destiny, as my peasant suddenly spawned with a warbow. It was nice.

Edit: You can play with the new name guy, as he will poof into the stats of the old name guy. The other way around I have no idea what will happen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:17:45 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:24:38 pm »
Then you will eventually notice the next time you kill someone or someone kills you.

I did this when name changing from Fallen_Xocoyol to Fallen_Tears_of_Destiny, as my peasant suddenly spawned with a warbow. It was nice.

Edit: You can play with the new name guy, as he will poof into the stats of the old name guy. The other way around I have no idea what will happen.
If you play with your old name then you have all your equipment and shit, then poof, your a peasant. Nothing else except you have to log off and change to your new name.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:00:34 am »
If you play with your old name then you have all your equipment and shit, then poof, your a peasant. Nothing else except you have to log off and change to your new name.

Exactly. Also, it's better to do it this way because that way you can ensure that you are making progress whereas I've seen a couple of people use the new character name before it was changed and all the work put on the new name went *poof* and it was as if you never played during the name change process.