Author Topic: Grey Order Strat Announcement  (Read 21056 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Grey Order Strat Announcement
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2012, 02:34:03 am »
...yet they wiped United Democratic due to Olwins statements.
wait what, short term memory chrash incoming .. hadn't that something to do with the fact that DRZ/Vendetta marched in there with 6-7k Troops and instead of reinforcing a large amount of troops and gear stayed in a village? Not that i know for sure, but thats what my disrupted memory chip just told me. No Idear what happend there between Olwen and Mercs though, couldn't care less after Olwens insults to a cancer patient last year remember DaveUKR had Leuykemia(?) and Olwen trolled him because of that, that was just wrong, afterwards out of my position i didn't want anything have to do with Olwen anymore.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:35 am »
wait what, short term memory chrash incoming .. hadn't that something to do with the fact that DRZ/Vendetta marched in there with 6-7k Troops and instead of reinforcing a large amount of troops and gear stayed in a village? Not that i know for sure, but thats what my disrupted memory chip just told me. No Idear what happend there between Olwen and Mercs though, couldn't care less after Olwens insults to a cancer patient last year remember DaveUKR had Leuykemia(?) and Olwen trolled him because of that, that was just wrong, afterwards out of my position i didn't want anything have to do with Olwen anymore.
What happened as far as I recall was that after United Democratic gets massively destroyed by uif and they only have one fief left they chose to make a deal with the greys to let the greys get the fief if United Democratic gets the gear, this pisses off mercs because apparently the mercs were the owners of the entire area and the fief was merc property just like the rest of the strat map... ...then afterwards as the conflict has already been sparked the United Democratics miss a payment of some troops they owe, PTX does his best to maintain relations but Olwen goes all crazy with random shit and convinces the mercs to kill them all. As for Olwen being a dick about Dave having cancer, I wasn't around back then so I can't comment.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
+3
[...] As for Olwen being a dick about Dave having cancer, I wasn't around back then so I can't comment.

11:25 - Gnjus: that retarded newmy old friend wasnt around for many things but that doesnt prevent him from spreading his bullshit all over the forum and making himself look as a even bigger jerk then he is
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2012, 02:16:52 pm »
+11
Nobody in here would have a chance in Strategus IF  Mercs where multi accounting.

wow, Mercs are so full of themselves

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »
+8
There are several reason why we attacked olwen - and i want to state that we only attacked olwen, the only other guy of the United Democratic was attacked by us got attacked due to a flow of misinformation within our Clan.

Our clear and only goal was the attack of Olwen. Teeth for example was in our range too with several thousand crates&few man. We did not attack him, why? Because we have no trouble with the United Democratic as a faction and he is a really nice guy. So, why did we attack olwen?

We did not have any grudges against your faction. All our actions were specificly aimed against olwen - once again i want to excuse myself for attacking the poor randomer that got infront of us there.

Why do we have Problems with olwen which made us attacking him?

Lets start with Kinngrimms arguement.

It is true, Dave had cancer, this was the reason why he left the game several months ago. Olwen, as kinngrimm said, made jokes about this and was insultive about it.
Several persons in my family had cancer and luckily got cured, but seriously, if i would have met a guy on the street making jokes about this i would beat the shit out of him right there. This is NOT something you make jokes about.

This alone is, in my opinion, reason enough to hunt olwen everywhere he goes on the map, but lets get some more points together.

Basicly since he left mercs he gets on about how shit mercs are nowadays compared to the past and that no good merc is good, despite the fact that for example Vex, Dugite, me and many of our new members could beat him easily. Maybe you should take it into consideration that in the past nearly nobody could block which made it pretty easy for the Mercenaries in this time to keep a skill level far above average (ps, i was templol in that time).

Another reason!

Olwen threatened us with war several times to get reindi castle, well, we gave it in exchange for troops - very smart move in the end to put all troops and gear into a village instead of putting them into the castle.
And not only that he threatened us with war there, basicly since the beginning of this strategus he told us how the grey order will come at his command and wipe us from the map! Answer by any grey officer/leader here would be appreciated, especially since we are spamming your thread here - sorry for that.

I think this are more than enough reasons. As i said, we only had problems with Olwen, not with any other member in your faction, which is why we decided to attack Olwen in the end, we couldnt stand his behaviour anymore and just wanted to give him a spoiler.

And once again i would like to state one thing: I respect Gingers opinion and his right to say it, but he is not our official speaker. Haboe, Nocti and Me got elected as Leaders, therefore it is us and not him representing Mercenaries.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:49:38 pm by Tyr_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »
+2

Grey will not quit the game, they want some PR.

Seems like 80% of this thread is about Mercs. thanks to...Mercs!
Igni et ferro

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2012, 03:57:59 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

I like Olwen, but he is a massive dick and he knows that. Ptx have worked with Olwen, Elmokki have worked with Olwen, I'm sure they like Olwen but they also know Olwen is a dick. I'm sure nobody here can disagree with that. Mercs do not attack some of our former members. We do not attack to Oberyn, Ptx etc. we like these guys no matter where they are.

With Olwen's case its not just these personal matters. He kept insulting Mercs in every occasion and he likes to bluff a lot. When he joined Grey Order, he kept insulting us. Then he wanted to join Mercs with the promise of bringing the "talented" Grey Order members. We accepted him in and did not expect any GO members, the moment he joined the clan he wanted a leader position and the ownership of Reyvadin. I told him this is not possible. He left the clan right after it.

He came as UDF...whatever it is, so called leader and he requested Reindi castle. But he made a very bad bargain. It wasn't a bargain he was officially threatening us with fantasies. He said either we hand over Reindi as well as Kapikulu hands over Reyvadin OR he will persuade Grey Order to make it possible. I told him that I doubt his influence on Grey Order to do so. Soon after Elmokki was assigned to talk with us, admitting that Olwen's ways were wrong and he did not represent United Democratic whatever its called.

We have proposed a plan for Reindi and we did not bargain anything about Reyvadin since its not in our control nor we have any influence on it. After talking with Ptx and Elmokki deal was made, yet : Olwen kept somewhat harassing us about it. Mercs that Mercs this, soon after there were no trace left of him, which is sad because he is one of the earliest members of this community. I'm sorry that he did not know the difference between friend and foe.

Atm moment Olwen's main hobby is trolling me on Facebook. I don't think there are any hard feelings. He still thinks he is lord of Reyvadin and its located in Northern France.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:26 am »
+15

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:03:43 am by Vovka »

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:52 am »
+4
Badge hanging above Dhirim Area:

(click to show/hide)
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:13 am »
+4
Oh, i see, you wipe out our entire remaining army, also sending crucial gold and whatnot to some faraway random corner of the map, but, hey, you're still okay with UDNWSFLC. Also, totally a coincidence you did not attack Olwen at any moment before that, either when he actually had a battle-ready army or was just going around with no stuff on him. Or, you know, when he actually "trolled" you guys. He wasn't even around for pretty much that entire day or the one before. Yeah, seems legit.

(click to show/hide)

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:05 am »
+3
the stuff about olwen reminds me on the drama, when hre attacked mercs for being allied with niemand (cotgs) in strat 2 :P.

35 pages in 2 days, good old times..

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/and-finally-people-show-their-true-colors/

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:59 pm »
I am with you mercs,

to the last place to the last man to the last sword has been drawn , the last breath as been taken from us.

We stand to our word we have given, yes we are mercs tomorrow. We put on your banner for this day.

If it means we have to die for our word our honor the trust we shared then a place in Valhala beside of you is our payment. So be it.

Yes we are Wolves but tomorrow we are mercs as well. So fear us, we will splinter your entrails, cut you from where you come, we walk through you like death himself.

kinngrimm
leader of the Wolves

Times have changed, eh?  :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »
Well i believe tey actually had an official alliance those days similar to what we have wt wolves now.
Turtles

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »
the stuff about olwen reminds me on the drama, when hre attacked mercs for being allied with niemand (cotgs) in strat 2 :P.

35 pages in 2 days, good old times..

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/and-finally-people-show-their-true-colors/

Ah.. One of the best, if not the best thread in the cRPG forum
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:56 pm »
+20
Oh, i see, you wipe out our entire remaining army, also sending crucial gold and whatnot to some faraway random corner of the map, but, hey, you're still okay with UDNWSFLC. Also, totally a coincidence you did not attack Olwen at any moment before that, either when he actually had a battle-ready army or was just going around with no stuff on him. Or, you know, when he actually "trolled" you guys. He wasn't even around for pretty much that entire day or the one before. Yeah, seems legit.

(click to show/hide)

Well. Now when I don't play I can lift the veil of secrecy and tell something. I don't actually read forums or talk to Mercs these days but still I would like to reveal some things if anybody cares here.
Speaking about Olwen's situation: Well, we had different opinions about Olwen and your faction in overall, pTx. To be honest, with all the previous experience I still kept believing that Mercs could have deals with Olwen (unlike the majority of other Mercs), it was mainly my initiative to recruit Olwen back from Greys to Mercs and it was my initiative to speak with Olwen and you pTx in that Dhirim area. Both times I made a mistake, I didn't listen to my clan and tried to regulate that situation. But then I've just realized (once again) that Olwen actually means what he says. What he does is not just trolling, it's just what he is. And what I clearly didn't like is that you tried to cover all of his words as just "trolling", that was completely wrong. I know it's not appropriate to compare this with real life, but you don't forgive those who do such things again and again knowing that it does hurt. I don't like speaking about my RL and I don't really think that anybody here needs to discuss it, it's just wrong.
You can believe me or not but it was my demand not to attack your faction. I barely could stop Ginger from doing it. All the other members were mad about the whole situtation. Also Muffin was mad because of all these Olwen's words about how shitty all the mercs are. All those Mercs in the Dhirim Area were looking forward to eliminate Olwen before others. What I also don't like about this situation is that you're trying to blame Mercs that we made a meatshield of you. We didn't offer Reindi Castle to you, we wanted to hold it because we knew that you won't be able to hold it against UIF and we told it to you like million times. I also personally suggested gear to you for your armies, you refused saying that you don't want to be dependant. Also you can't blame Mercs that we weren't offensive against UIF in Dhirim area. Dhirim area was a secondary territory and it was originally thought of being trading+defence zone just to support the North and hold forces in the centre of the map in case anti-UIF fails. Having Dhirim was completely my idea and majority of the clan didn't have as much of self-confidence as I had in that situation (like trading castles with Greys and things like that) as I only had Dhirim by the start of Strat. Mercs originally wanted to be in the North (mainly to stay with Nords and maybe Byzantium if they'd decided to play Strat). I skip the part when Olwen was threatening me with UIF, you won't believe me anyway that Olwen threatened me with Grey Order and in 5 minutes I was listening to Hetman in Greys' Teampseak who said that he has nothing common with Olwen and Olwen was actually one of the biggest mistakes of Grey Order.

And now the most important part about Olwen and Mercs. When I attacked Olwen he was armed and had like ~1.5k of army (IIRC), Mercs were actually discussing the problem of Olwen, I didn't ask anyone. I just took my army and sent it to attack Olwen. I wasn't neither in TS nor in Skype, I was completely unreachable and nobody could stop me, decision was made by me and only me. Initially Ginger was supposed to attack Olwen but nobody was sure about this as your faction still owed us 700 troops and most of your members supported us against UIF. I made it simple. Unluckily Olwen gave up before the fight and his signature "show them no fear" should be "show them some fear at least". He was so afraid of losing on the battlefield that he decided to have no fight at all, UIF didn't support him.

Speaking about Ginger. Well, even now I can't say for sure what I know about him. He was the one with whom I had the biggest amount of argues. He was actually one of the reasons why I left Mercs at some point (taking Strat too serious, I was trying to make a very different conception of what Mercs were and slightly different of what they are now). He is very straight and stubborn person, his ambitions are bigger than mostly anyone's in this community and this makes others think not as good as he deserves. Also about multiaccounting, I still don't know the whole Ginger-Kittiya-Tube story, I was very concerned about this and showed my discontent in Mercs' skype channel. I also admit that I used Team Viewer 2 times to have control of my friend (who was an active player and had hundreds of Strat ticks from the very beginning of Strat, he was the reason why I continued playing and joined Mercs back. I reported that to Meow months ago when I was still playing and I had a full knowledge of possible consequences, so don't consider me putting it out only after I stopped playing). 1st to fill the roster at night (as he wasn't in faction) and 2nd to move him away after that battle at night. There is no way to detect this in server logs as you simply control someone's display with his own PC running, it's just a remote control, you need your friend to have this program launched before he goes to sleep and after that you just connect and control his mouse/keyboard to do what you want. I still think that devs should make multiaccounting useless, there are lots of ways to bypass the security of Strat and great Meow. Lots of known multiaccounters didn't get banned which proves that anti-multiaccount system isn't perfect. Enough said.

Speaking about Hevi and his looms. Well, that character joined the clan before it was prohibited to use banned accounts in c-rpg website. And if you have ever seen Mercs' armoury you would understand why he was there unnoticed by most of the members (100+ of MW items of merc members excluding Hevi's, and there were shitloads of free unused masterworks), he got kicked from the ladder by Dolby IIRC after some time it was prohibited to use banned characters in the website. So when Meow found out this, that guy was kicked from the ladder like ages ago. If Mercs needed MW items I wouldn't give away my full MW set to random people (Also Meow personally had something from me a year ago or so, I don't remember what but I gave something loomed to him). Also I would not make +3 desert turbans and +3 leather jackets. There was no need in these masterworks.

I don't want to make angels out of Mercs. Mercs are not the fairest clan in crpg and never was. Also I don't like this cliché of Mercs as holy warriors of anti-cheating company. I hope noone of Mercs ever used auto-block (well, I got banned with the reason of using an auto-block but it was just a mistake, because some admins couldn't believe that it's possible to block like that when I was on my alt, I consider that as a complement and got unbanned instantly :D), also I hope Mercs never duped anything or make anything outstanding that would break the game for everyone else. There is a barely visible line between cheating and abusing game mechanics. Some people just don't see this line at all considering it equal, others just don't see any abuse of game mechanics in their actions. So this all is just about your perception. Rule of common sense simply doesn't cover it as you could see banned cheaters complaining about their bans as they thought it's okay. Speaking about Russians (I'm half Russian myself and I speak/write better than majority of Russians, I'm not bluffing, it's just a way harder language than English and at least 70% of Russians can't write a text of 5 difficult sentences without mistakes) - it's a very different culture and sometimes they react different than other Euroes. It's not their fault, it's just the echo of bad era (which still exists actually). There is a joke in my mind which totally explains the reaction of Russian community about their bans:
(click to show/hide)
This simply describes why they didn't accept their bans. I just don't want people having wrong impressions. You shouldn't even try to consider anyone saint. Remember my ban because of construction sites? Yeah, it was damn harsh in the end for me: 1 month ban + 2 essays. IIRC I got reported by Druzhina_RXN but I wasn't mad at him and I never said a single bad word to him (Druzhina members can confirm that), because I clearly knew what I was doing: abusing game mechanics (they were broken so construction sites were indestructible for some certain time). Also I was doing it on Siege which I never liked (fuck you, koldborn, you'll never get admin rights there, you mad?). Also I got very upset when Union got their bans both in Strat and in crpg. I clearly believe that it was way too harsh and all the Strat punishments should be spread only in Strat. So what I wanted to say with all this large post is just: there is no black and white here. We tend to judge about something knowing nothing or only a few about it and it's wrong. Some people are just worse, some people are a little bit better, but in the end everyone's is the same with rare exceptions. I hope gameservers (and the community itself) will improve without me as many people hated me so much (I still believe that it requires a lot of hate to find my posts through search and give minuses to each of them like some Nords did or Zlisch who simply minused each of my post). I just found a moment when I didn't feel like playing and that's it, there is no particular reason, no bye-bye threads and so on. I'll try to keep an eye on these forums from time to time. Keep calm and carry on having good time playing crpg and Strat, this is just a game and it's not worth of your nerves, sleepless nights and so on :wink: