Author Topic: Grey Order Strat Announcement  (Read 21046 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Grey Order Strat Announcement
« on: December 06, 2012, 03:50:09 am »
+24
Dear Friends ,

We would like to inform you that Grey Order is resigning from the participation in this Strategus round, and – most probably  - from participation in the following rounds as well.

It does not mean that all GO members will totally and immediately cease to play cRPG, or participate in Strat battles (it is all about fun and XP after all) but, as a clan, we will limit our activity to the minimum and, in particular, we will no longer make any further effort to build armies or develop economy.

There are few main reasons for the suspension of Grey Order’s Strategus activity:

I

As you all know, few of our clanmates were banned . Multiaccounting was presented as the reason and justification for the bans. We would like to the best knowledge of the Grey Order leaders no one of the banned players had more than one account. This multiaccounting story is as untrue as the constantly repeated stories about 100 CD-keys.

Accountsharing is another story. We have learned the lesson in the past and the scope of that practice was extremely limited to th cases were no other valid option was viable.  You have to know, however, that  the consequences (bans) we imposed only upon these of our members, who hold valuable items Strategus-wise.  We have lost all our caravans (including numerous goods)  and vast majority of our army. At the same time accounts with low number of gold, troop or armor remained untouched.  Our allies we treated in similar way, and the Unions was literally obliviated. 

Do not get it wrong - we are not saying that multiaccounting or accountsharing is fine or that it should  not be penalized.  That is a thing that raises emotions. Note, however, that there are threads on this form where folks advocate introduction to the game of possibility to manage accounts of other players.  What strike us,  is how precisely and selectively bans were casted. That made our conviction that we have to play not only against other clans but also game “administration” even stronger.

Judge for yourself how solid and unbiased are actions of our „administration”. Especially considering that it came to us - from the reliable source – that only UIF players were checked  as to whether or when the accountsharing was used.

II

Accountsharing did not come from the unstoppable strive for victory, or will to dominate the entire Startegus map. It did come from the observation that lead us to the opinion that from the very beginning we were treated unfairly, even cheated, and at the same time hypocritically accused for unfairness and rule-breaking, while in reality the rules were broken by many, not only “bad UIF guys”.  Despite animosities we have some good friends In the ranks of the our opponents. And we have heard the voices that they do not have faintest idea to what purpose and In what direction they move on the map. Just because it was done by somebody else. There was no hard evidence though, and nothing officially to complain for.

Quite recently one friendly person enlighted us how our opponents (and in their ranks admins or even developers, and all these mastering the art of whining on cheating and exploiting on the forum)  technically operate. Everything was done by two tools.

First of them was described  by Thovex here:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/anti-uif-troop-collection-competition-%28eu-dhirim-area%29/30/

(See full post in spoiler below)

(click to show/hide)

Interesting enough, this tool was not widely published, only the chosen ones were admitted to the “conspiracy”. And if it is true that developers  approved use of this tool, well that just shows why we do have justified feeling of being mistreated by “administration”.

The second tool is called “Teamviewer”. It gives you exactly the same as accountsharing, but in non-traceable manner, and on more massive scale. It provides ability to control clanmates computers, multiple at the same time, and even ability to wake up the computer if necessary.  That allowed for management of other clanmate’s accounts directly on his/her computer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

(click to show/hide)

We feel that it is extremely unfair and bold to punish our folks for – incidental In fact -  use of proxy, while other use sophisticated tools to get access to others accounts  and developer –level tools. List of users very long and quite impressive, most prominent members of this community are listed there.   This post, however, is not about accusing but about reasons of our decision, so go and ask others, we are sure that more than happy to share the details.

III

Another issue is the unequal treatment of the players from opposing alliances by game “administration” (on that you could already read above) and generally not caring for people who spend a lot of time and effort in this game.

It really is frustrating when the whim or simple negligence  deprives clan from its long term work results. It is frustrating enough not to agree for that anymore. And we really think it is the result of bad will. Just recall the wildly rescheduled battles, surprising Server crashes In most sensitive moments where the entire armies fall into hands of losing opponent without fight. And without repose of the “people in charge”; and where such response appeared  for unknown reason rectification of the problem somehow always favored our opponents.  It should not be like that.

For these – and few other – reasons we hereby suspend activity of the Grey Order. You will still see us on cRPC servers, in the roster of Strat battles as mercs, and in a few upcoming farewell battles. 

This is not GTX but rather frustrationquit or sadnessquit.  It is possible that you will see the Grey Order as an active player on Strat. But we believe this will happen only if:
  • the clear, comprehensive and unambiguous set of rules for Strategus is finally published, a set of rules that does not leave any doubts as to what is allowed and what is forbidden,
  • an official mechanism for management of clanmates accounts  is implemented in the game, a mechanism that is reasonable, limited and accessible only to high-ranking clan leaders.
  • considering that bans granted to some of our clanmates were – in the light of the above – highly unjust we would like to see our friends unbanned, or other culprits punished in the same manner.
In any event, we wish all of you lots of good fun and successes in this – quite unfortunately dying – mod.  All this things kill Strat and killing Strat may only become a nail in the coffin of cRPG. And lets pray its not the case.

On behalf of Grey Order
First Among Equals
Harpag_the_Grey
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Grey Order Strat Announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:01 am »
Especially considering that it came to us - from the reliable source – that only UIF players were checked  as to whether or when the accountsharing was used.
So I guess we are ignoring Pale Horse and Kapi and others?

Anywho, goodbye.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:33:54 am »
removed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:36:51 am by Farrix »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:45:32 am »
+11
Last strategus at the time we traded together, i asked you if you would still use account sharing and you said no.
Imagine my surprise this strategus your faction would have been accused of it again and over night like 20 less members in your strategus faction were seen. I don't know what the process for those account bans had been, but if they had been unjustified i would like to see them unbanned, this is but not up to me.

For the screenies posted please read my statement here

EDIT:
anyways i initiated a thread in Strategus General(Strategus Enhancement Project), where i will provide information about the current developments and would answer any questions you guys here would have
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:13:44 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:50:58 am »
+5
You guys were really entertaining strat 3, your presence will be missed.

Good luck in your travels, wanderers!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:52:58 am »
+9
Last strategus at the time we traded together, i asked you if you would still use account sharing and you said no.
And he said the truth,  at that time account sharing was not used. From the beginning of the year untill summer I wasn't member of Grey Order so I can't say what happened then. But now, I really don't care that much about strategus, I only do things that I have time for if someone ask me for me that. But nevermind now.

About the whole thing with latest banwave... From my kinda limited knowlege about this matter all guys from GO received ban for account sharing, for all that still see no difference they have only 1 cd-key but they give their login and password to someone else to manage their strategus character. Well, it is forbidden, for long time everyone know that it is bannable and yet it happened.

In my opinion removing their characters form strategus and maybe few weeks ban would be enough... but banning their accounts permanently is way too harsh as in most of the cases their main guilt was their lazyness...  :rolleyes:.
Over a month has passed, in my opionion it is more then enough so I kindly ask for unbanning whose guys that were banned for account sharing. I think they learned their lesson.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:44:10 am by Dalhi »

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:59:39 am »
+5
Shame to see UIF clans quitting but I guess I would too if even the game developers are bias against you :(, had more fun fighting with/against you guys since Strat 2 than any other factions.

Best tactics, best players, best equipment!
And like this thread shows, also the guys who make the most reasonable, polite and well thought out posts even when their main language isn't English.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 08:29:20 am »
+8

About the whole thing with latest banwave... From my kinda limited knowlege about this matter all guys from GO that received ban for account sharing, for all that still see no difference they have only 1 cd-key but they give their login and password to someone else to manage their strategus character. Well, it is forbidden, for long time everyone know that it is bannable and yet it happened.

In my opinion removing their characters form strategus and maybe few weeks ban would be enough... but banning their accounts permanently is way too harsh as in most of the cases their main giult was their lazyness...  :rolleyes:.
Over a month has passed, in my opionion it is more then enough so I kindly ask for unbanning whose guys that were banned for account sharing. I think they learned their lesson.
I am also of the opinion, that strategus access for a strategus rule breaking should be punished, but not the crpg characters complettly banned. Let them keep playing on the offical battle and siege servers, but with no access to Strategus battles(eu3/na3) or the Strategus Map.
This is generally speaking, not pointing here only to GO.

Punishment fitting to the crime should be always kept in mind.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 08:35:38 am »
I wish you good luck.

I hope there's no hard feelings towards the rebels, our attacks on you were nothing personal but only game related :)

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:44:07 am »
+19
I am sorry but

WAAAA, I GOT CAUGHT CHEATING AND BANNED FOR IT SO I AM GONNA CRY MY EYEBALLS OUT NOW CAUSE I CAN'T TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!!

if you are gonna do the shit, you should be ready to accept the consequences. I don't really care if somebody cheats or not, but crying after the fact only lowers my esteem of you.

And this will be my first and last post on this idiocy of an issue.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 09:57:09 am »
+2
So uif quit? Now what? forever peacefull trading?

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:01 am »
And this will be my first and last post on this idiocy of an issue.

God bless you for that.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:31 am »
+3
So uif quit? Now what? forever peacefull trading?

Have fun in a virtual war simulation with the trading.  :rolleyes:

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:06 am »
I am also of the opinion, that strategus access for a strategus rule breaking should be punished, but not the crpg characters complettly banned. Let them keep playing on the offical battle and siege servers, but with no access to Strategus battles(eu3/na3) or the Strategus Map.
This is generally speaking, not pointing here only to GO.

Punishment fitting to the crime should be always kept in mind.

But what then stops a players simply buying a new key for Strat and continuing with their banned chars in cRPG?  GO are not new to strat and have been involved with this sort of thing in the past yet still chose to break the rules because their predicted level of punishment was acceptable compared to the gains from cheating.  Hitting players where it hurts with their looms and levels is the only way to stamp this sort of thing out.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:58 am »
+9
Have fun in a virtual war simulation with the trading.  :rolleyes:

Doubtful, history has proven that during extended periods of peace, the Fallen Brigade usually always end up stabbing someone in the back out of boredom, opportunity and principle.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.