Author Topic: Crpg Ladder Simulator  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Crpg Ladder Simulator
« on: December 05, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »
+5
 Just join a strat siege and try it out.
And you can also try to catch some wooden pieces with feathers and steelheads to be the happiest man alive.
So much fun in catching arrows shot from an angle you cant shoot back without get hit in the time you try it.
Show your minecraft building skills:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Crpg Ladder Simulator
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:23 pm »
I thought ladder-on-ladder was illegal  :|
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:34 am »
I thought ladder-on-ladder was illegal  :|
Ladder on Ladder = Man on Man.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:17:59 am »
According to Shik as long as one end is on something that's not another ladder/constructable it's fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:31:54 am »
Didnt they used to have max 20 ladders currently used on one side at a time - that looks like 50.  Seems intentionally floating a ladder into the sky seems like "sky-laddering" to me.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 01:57:23 am »
+1
Remove ladders from Strategus sieges, because it's a huge advantage for defenders, and a huge disadvantage for attackers that manage not to buy the necessary amount of ladders, and a half of the battle just stand around the castle, catching with their heads arrows, bolts and sometimes, falling defenders killed by boredoom...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:01:54 am by _RXN_ »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:41 am »
+2
1. not more then 20 ladders from what i counted
2. the ladders besides the high/big keep, i am totally ok with
3. the ladders on the high/big keep, enabled firing arcs, which either lead to increased headshot capability, rendered siegeshields useless and therefor we lost like 4-5 weapon rags through 2-3 shots each, which totally messed up the overall planning and flow of this battle.
4. on the right back there is at least 1 invisible wall, whereby ladders where rendered useless to attack from there.

We have had close to 200 ladders for 1500 tickets and ran out of those with about 600 tickets left.
As retreating doesn't make sense as you then give the enemy even more then trying to let yourself get shot somehow, we used up all ranged and other gear which was awfully boring and people disconnected understandably.

At the time i saw that we have a problem with getting our Seige Tower build, due to loosing Weapons RAck after Weapons Rack, may the Weapons Rack have been directly at the Wall, behind 2-3 Seigeshields or behind shield wall, i then asked alpha to build catapult(which also got shot ^^), that then but fucked up in the end, teh overall materials we needed to finish the Siege Tower or get a wall down. We have had 10 Sites and 300 Materials, which clearly isn't enough for this castle.

Again, the interconnecting Ladders within the castle i think off complettly ok, but the Ladders on that huge Keep are totally bullshit. I would therefor suggest that that Keep either gets even more increased in hight, so it can't be laddered at all, or delete the fenses on top of that keep, so that ladders can't be put with an upwards arc/angle like it was done here. I don't think this is a rule breaking issue but a issue how to improve the outlay and design of Slezhk Castle.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:39 am »
+1
They should change how ladders work. Make it so that instead of throwing 20 easily destroyed pieces of shit wherever the fuck you want...

MAYBE:

You can do this with small-medium ladders. Same system for those.

But, siege ladders would require teamwork. They'd be bigger, harder to kill, and somehow work so that they're not retarded. They'd be easier to build, and faster moving that siege towers, but not as strong, and they wouldn't offer as much protection.

Maybe you could use C-Sites to build one of these hypothetical siege ladders, away from the castle. Once built, the model could look like the bottom half of a catapult or something--fuck if I know. Roll that bad mother fucker up to the wall, then push a button, or pull a lever, or something, and watch as the ladder goes up. It could be a one time use thing, that looks like two siege ladder models put side by side (going up simultaneously). Maybe you could make it look like the ladders from The Two Towers--the big crossbow hooky ladder things.
---------------

Or. OR, you could put horse models at base of thrown ladders, and if the horse gets hit the ladder, which sticks out of its head, would wiggle around and everyone would have to play a connect-the-dots mini game to make a successful saving throw against "fall off the ladder". Then, dragons.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 02:22:51 am »
I'm dumb. Or you could just use the siege ramp that's already in the game, and get rid of the stupid fucking siege ladders.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 02:33:53 am »
+6
We took this castle a couple of days ago and had no problems with ladders, keeps, archers, racks, catas etc. For me the problem is about the lack of tactics and management, but not the game mechanics.  :P

Added:
A simple solution for overhanging ladders
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:37:18 pm by _RXN_ »