Author Topic: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »
+3
wut is that!?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 05:44:31 pm »
It is a third party tool that allows members of a faction to have a shared line of sight, i.e: you can see everything each of your faction members can at all times.
http://strat-viewer.guiennet.com/site/Home/About

The problem afaik is that it isn't open access, but people actually have to be invited and granted access, making it a bit of a "secret club" where one side gets an overwhelming logistics advantage, because they can use all player units as 24/7 cameras whether they're on or not, while factions that are not invited have to get members to send them map screenshots, which depends entirely on whether said member is active or not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:49:01 pm by Shik »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:12 pm »
+3
And EU's doing the best to gain advantage...oh wait I saw hosp on there too.

Sigh, of course. Cheating Hobos. Ban all who use it, it's cheating.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:14 pm »
+1
It is a third party tool that allows members of a faction to have a shared line of sight, i.e: you can see everything each of your faction members can at all times.
http://strat-viewer.guiennet.com/site/Home/About

The problem afaik is that it isn't open access, but people actually have to be invited and granted access, making it a bit of a "secret club" where one side gets an overwhelming logistics advantage, because they can use all player units as 24/7 cameras whether they're on or not, while factions that are not invited have to get members to send them map screenshots, which depends entirely on whether said member is active or not.

Honestly though, that's kind of cool and a good job on whoever developed it. It's just movement routes though right? I imagine it doesn't actually pick up targets near tokens that you can't see? Or am I wrong? If it's just movement routes, I don't see a problem with it--but if it's highlighting tokens you would otherwise not see yourself, eh, kind of questionable.

Fact remains though, kudos to whoever made it (especially if it was hard) and hats off to the organization of clans involved apart of it.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »
+15
Lol, this tool gives you almost all advantages of multiaccouting. Of course it is OK if everyone could use it, but sharing it only among your carebear is nothing better than multiacc.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 07:00:09 pm »
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:03:51 pm by Gingerpussy »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »
+3
Honestly though, that's kind of cool and a good job on whoever developed it. It's just movement routes though right? I imagine it doesn't actually pick up targets near tokens that you can't see? Or am I wrong? If it's just movement routes, I don't see a problem with it--but if it's highlighting tokens you would otherwise not see yourself, eh, kind of questionable.

Fact remains though, kudos to whoever made it (especially if it was hard) and hats off to the organization of clans involved apart of it.

You can see everyones vision who has this stuff enabled, so place a few guys tactically and you have an overview of most of your area, you can track people even while you're offline, give orders around to anyone.

I can't show you the NA map, but I can sit there with the 3 of us who are in the beta and have vision over half the map no problem.  :P

(click to show/hide)

Lol - so now you are complaining that your enemies have been kind enough to give you the tool they use to help manage their faction?!?!?

I've seen 1 other of these tools first hand and heard about 2 more, yet none of these were ever shared.  As far as I am aware the Wolves are gradually sharing this with everyone because they want it to become part of the main Strat code for everybody, rather than an exclusive tool just for clans with the skills to create it for themselves.  Personally I welcome this drive within the community to enhance what we have now and actually share it with others, rather than keeping the advantage to themselves.

I tip my hat off to you, the amount of dumb in this post is... horrifying.

We're p. much abandoning strategus with most of the UIF because of advantages and silly glitches also people yelling how we're such multiaccounters while being part of another private circlejerk that has access to different strategus tools.

Wolves have picked up on that, told a few other clans that we might quit, everyone offered peace (how the usual flow goes) and wanted to play together with us, since Wolves is the only clan that isn't full of pricks people with an awful attitude on the forums that is on our enemy side, Kinngrimm & Andswaru talked a while and we found out that they had this tool all along and whatever.

Later on I asked why we would quit strategus, then I got invited into the 'private access' group of that tool to check it out, notice that the opposite side has it a while already

, got dissapointed and then more interest was lost in strategus.

I'm not complaining about how people used the tool, I just find it dissapointing that there is being name-calling towards any UIF clan while hiding behind this program which is pretty much even easier than multiaccounting, you wouldn't even have to contact your clan members hah!

(click to show/hide)

I wonder how many people realize that the anti-UIF front is not the first to use such a device, and that is has been around for multiple Strategus and actually originated from NA from someone who is now a Beta Tester and has coded a few things for the devs, and the sheer amount of factions who use this or a similar program that does the same thing...

That's a shame! You lost to the UIF with special access to sweettools in the previous strategus, congratulations.
Organization at the best.  :?

Also, as Ginger requested us to stop talking about it, there we go, I'll quit and wait till the next thread of shit comes up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:11:37 pm by Thovex »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 07:08:35 pm »
I wonder how many people realize that the anti-UIF front is not the first to use such a device, and that is has been around for multiple Strategus and actually originated from NA from someone who is now a Beta Tester and has coded a few things for the devs, and the sheer amount of factions who use this or a similar program that does the same thing...

Anywho, best of luck with this mercenary work Ginger! I suppose this is like a large-scale hiring but with Heirlooms instead of c-RPG gold!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
+15

You might be surprised but most factions don't endlessly call for people who account share to get banned, and then use programs that do the same thing for them.

Not that I have too much of a problem with shit like that program, if you want to sperg that hard on Strategus go ahead but all the anti-UIF factions are massive hypocrites and it's a shame even chadz has bought into the propaganda of "evil UIF"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 07:27:07 pm »
You might be surprised but... [Both sides (as well as a whole bunch of randomers or NA folks) do ridiculous things to gain an edge, some exploitative, some not.]...

Yes, I fully agree, and it is completely idiotic. UIF ruined the game by painting everything dark colors, and anti-UIF ruined the game by re-painting over everything with bright colors, and now everything is the color of chicken turds.

It is not okay when [other perspective] does it or a glitch favors them, but is is okay when [own perspective] does it because it "evened things out" or
"they do it too."  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »
+8
Tears I'd love to see you give some backing behind your claims that "everyone is using a tool like this, not just anti-UIF."
Also, I literally have no idea what you're trying to say in your post so I'm gonna ahead and assume you entirely missed the point, which is "anti-UIF are awful awful hypocrites for complaining about multi-accounting while simultaneously developing a third party hack for private usage that does all the same things."

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 07:34:37 pm »
Hosea 8:7 "They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind"

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »
Good old merc bullshit, you can't just go about saying "UIF WAS CHEATING! POOR US! SO UNFAIR!" when it was only union, vendetta and a few greys who got banned, as far as I'm aware no drz or nordmen or Occitan or Empire were caught cheating, and I'm pretty sure I heard something 'bout at least one Kapikulu taking a ban for multiaccounting, and I recall a large amount of Kapikulus being banned last strat for cheating, so anti UIF is a cheater carebear block... even with the multiaccounters who didn't actually grind troops (still is cheating though) you outnumbered them with your massive carebearing. If the entire UIF hadn't been bored to death they could kick your ass now, despite you being way larger, abusing nighttime, and my old friendging out in general.

Ok, so you complain about anti UIF multiaccounting and massive carebearing, yet you suck UIF dick? If you have a problem with this, then it should be for both sides...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 07:38:51 pm »
Tears I'd love to see you give some backing behind your claims that "everyone is using a tool like this, not just anti-UIF."

Not everyone, just more then most people might think. This type of program has been around for a very long time as MrIlluminati (SP?) constructed the first incarnation of it way back when Loki was captain of the Brigade, and while he was the first to go about this he was hardly the last, similar programs are all over the place now. I never said "everyone" so thank you for the hyperbole.

Also...
Also, I literally have no idea what you're trying to say in your post so I'm gonna ahead and assume you entirely missed the point, which is "anti-UIF are awful awful hypocrites."
This is basically what I was saying. Both sides are full of shit to one degree or another as both sides have done exploitative things, have certain factions that have outright cheated, and have shady members doing shady things as well as taking advantage of glitches, and a lot of NA /EU randomers are guilty of this as well. This is painfully obvious for anyone who pays even the slightest attention to the Strategus iterations. Oh sure there are some "angel" factions and members in both sides, but that is beside the point.

The majority of the Strategus poster community are hypocrites, and I'm disgusted with both sides.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:42:27 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »
+3
I suggest you to have a look at the number of players using this tool compared to the amount players the different factions have.

The only factions which rly use this tool (according to numbers) would be wolves or soa.

I cant speak for the other people, but i myself turned it off after 2 days. It was interesting to see how this tool works and what you can do with it, I think its a very good idea to add this to strategus as a regular function. From what i know developers were informed about this programm and also appreciate the idea of adding it to strategus.

Some basic info about it:
You roughly see what your faction members see, you can see an enemy armies, but you cant see number count, crates or status (heavy, shiny, etc...)
The idea is of implementing this into strat, so different factions can make agreements, so its basicly like a diplomacy menu as many of us know it from total war (declaring war, trade agreements, sharing vision, etc) but this is not working yet afaik, since that programm is in a very early stage.
You also can give them commands, which basicly means you send them a PM with orders which they see when they log in next time.

As you see its not nearly as good as the method the people that got banned used - sharing account info so one person can control traders, armies or even a whole, even if we would use this tool we would be depending on the members activity since they need to log into strat to actually move around. An alternative would be sending them pms on the crpg page, which actually has the same effect.

Now to my favorite bit, some more specific replies for Thovex:

The first time i got to know this programm was about 1 1/2 months ago, so we did not have any access to it last strategus, and just checking the amount of gold some factions had its obvious which factions cheated and which not, also i find it hard to believe that people that were cheating this strat havent done it last strat, and the other way round. Just so you know, i'm not addressing nords or drz with this, i trust the developers judgement&actions, personally i always regarded nords as one of the few not cheating parts of UIF, and im a bit surprised/happy that drz is "clean" too.

Also we actually did not want to go into a cba to counter UIF, we tried to go neutral in the beginning of strat 4 but people made it pretty clear to us that they will attack us on sight and wont allow us to be neutral. Therefore we actually tried to ally with the nords, but then they declared war on us, so it wasnt rly us pushing them into UIF, they have chosen it themselves.
In addition we always aimed for splitting up again once this war is over since we dont want to become completely like UIF (if you fight one evil too long you turn into it).

Ps:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:47:13 pm by Tyr_ »