Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 3  (Read 919 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Assassin's Creed 3
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:05 pm »
The ending sucks again. Don't hold your breath. I don't know why I keep playing the next installment hoping they'd redeem themselves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Assassin's Creed 3
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »
Just finished it. I thought the ending was great. I don't see why everyone was complaining. Some are even comparing it the ME3's ending which is just laughable.

Sure there are some holes, but its a video game storyline progressing 5 games, there always will be, especially when taking into account the fact that Ubisoft are never ever going to close off their leading franchise. But generally speaking it's consistent and the series has been building up to this. It makes perfect sense in the context, it fully closes that part of the storyline (ok so they left some room to reopen it in a way) but it also introduces a new main villain, one who is potentially going to be much bigger than anything before. It also opens it up to going back in history again, further back as well, something which the progression forward of the AC games didn't really allow for and that can only be a good thing.

One of the main complaints is that the ending involves a similar event to the 'space magic' of ME3. But it doesn't. The lead up to that is fully explained and it isn't just 'press a button and watch the pretty colours save everything' it's tech that has been worked on by the first civ and is explained to you through Juno's narrative. Besides, how can there be any complaints of randomly advanced tech when the frikkin Animus even exists. Furthermore those complaining that the new villain just appeared randomly are obviously blind, pretty damn obvious.

Regardless I thought it was fantastic that after 4 games of practically 0 story progression with Desmond they now sped it up to it's end. It was needed, the dragging out of Desmond's storyline just to fit in more games was tiring. At least now they have a position to start afresh in, even if it does still include Desmond in a way.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:35:22 am »
Been playing it or a bit. It has its bugs but its definitely better than the last games. I'm especially liking the ship battles. Though I don't like picking chests and I lost like 2000£ because I opened some chests as Haytham.

Just waiting for a futuristic setting where the character looks like a Starcraft zealot
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:07:41 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »
It's on a flash sale and was wondering if it's worth it?
I am a bit bored by Desmond and... well... is it fun? How repetitive is it in the missions? Just gimme a short hint if it's worth those 18€/20$/15quid?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »
+1
Well, I dont really know what to say about assassins creed III...

If you like AC gameplay you will also like AC3 gameplay - but, at least for me, the setting is worse in AC3 now and overall the maps are...let´s say more open.There is more space than in the previous parts, which leads to a lot of ways beeing ran instead of freeclimbed.Also, it seems like the devs got a bit lost in sidestuff.All the village and trading stuff is so extremely optional, Iam about 50% through right now and I haven´t used it at all because it´s just irritating.I liked the economic and trading system way better in the previous ac´s because it was simpler.

Of course there are also nice additions to the gameplay, like the missions on sea - they are FUCKING AWESOME.Will probably be a lot better in AC4, though, so you should not buy it only for the sea battles.

About the missions: They are not very repetitive but the Problem is that you will feel like they are repetitive because most of the missions have been done in a similar way before in the other AC parts - can be very tiring.

What I would say: Not the best part of the series, but still okay.If you like Assassins creed, buy it since it´s off and you are making a good deal.

PS: A mediocre AC game is still a fantastic game compared to most other things available on the market, especially for such a low price.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »
Thanks, that helped...  :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 11:30:43 am »
+1
assassins creed franchise died after brotherhood. they just kill all plot important characters and add more guns, because we totally dont have enough tps by now.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.