Author Topic: World Of Tanks  (Read 58302 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: World Of Tanks
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:46 pm »
ok i'm trying t40 and m3 priest ....what to say , m3 if used properly is awesome , ok it's a bit like playing xbow in crpg but it's satisfieing when you kill a marder near a slope.
t40 is good also but i think it's not the best td of tier iv....waiting for hellcat as you suggested :)
T40 is good, if you use the highest caliber cannon + HE shells = hits almost like an arty at its tier.
I personally would also recommend you to have a medium/heavy tank line in parallel to TDs and arties, if you have the space in your garage - afterall, they play very differently and, imo, are somewhat more fun to play.

Completed a ton of missions during the weekend, made a nice bunch of silver and got coated optics. Also, just a few battles short of unlocking T32, aw yeah 8-)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:28:55 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »
T40 is good, if you use the highest caliber cannon + HE shells = hits almost like an arty at its tier.
I personally would also recommend you to have a medium/heavy tank line in parallel to TDs and arties, if you have the space in your garage - afterall, they play very differently and, imo, are somewhat more fun to play.

Completed a ton of missions during the weekend, made a nice bunch of silver and got coated optics. Also, just a few battles short of unlocking T32, aw yeah 8-)
yes i use high caliber only but you can't engage in cqb cause your reload time is like 13 secs or so and you will be humiliated by pz I c , so i must camp in any case or go yolo hoping to oneshot the enemy tank.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »
Also, just a few battles short of unlocking T32, aw yeah 8-)

Before the gold ammo patch. I could stand in a place whole day long with this tank.(Even against Tier10s) Gun seems a bit weak but when you hide your hull and just show your turret. It was impossible to penetrate. Do not think about selling it once you get the tank. Keep it always in your garage. T32 is really usefull in Tank Companies.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »
Im loving my pz4, on the wot forums it is hated on pretty bad, but it really is a nice tank. I like to make use of her reasonable flatness which is ideal for making use of terrain. It has decent frontal armor but to be honest the armor on this tank is pretty wack.
I like to play behind the flanking tanks, the pzIV is a bit of a sniper but it lacks the power to punch through armor at a long distance.  I like to drive behind the flanking tanks and play a sort of support role(I like to compare it with sea arr peejay  hoplites :P ).
It is also a fairly mobile tank, making a white arc around an enemy and flanking him from a mediocre distance is very good because of it's mobility and ability to relocate fast.

And it's sexay as fuck  :mrgreen:

Im almost at T6 german med, im not sure with VK30.0XX to upgrade to, though I do want to stay in the medium class.. Any feedback for these two choices?
Playing a T-34 atm aswell, not that impressed, though it is a very fun tank to brawl with, which I do most of the time with it.  :mrgreen:
And have a matilda, but the british tank line stinks, the tanks are boring to play with.

Id like to start a new tree, though I dont know which, though im interested in the american tree, was thinking of going to the M4 then to the M4A3E8
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2014, 11:49:22 pm »
..but the british tank line stinks, the tanks are boring to play with.

You obviously didn't play france

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2014, 11:50:47 pm »
You obviously didn't play france
Well doh, like i'd bother to even give it a glance

Btw dont get me wrong the matilda is a good tank, but all the british tanks have stale and one-sided gameplay.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »
Matilda is a boring tank, you should've picked the other line - Covenanter and Crusader are fun as heck and look sweeeeeet.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:57 am »
I hated that Crusader so much..

Cromwell was nice though, Comet shit again, and Centurion and upwards gets better.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2014, 12:08:21 am »
Matilda is a boring tank, you should've picked the other line - Covenanter and Crusader are fun as heck and look sweeeeeet.
I might try them out, but im at 7k exp for the churchill so I figured I might aswell unlockthat one before trying the lighter vehicles. :P

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:23 am »
In case you're going for the M4, I would get the E2 aka Jumbo afterwards, its a really nice tank, you can easily take out KV-1S and so on with it, while they, at least if they are dumb (Like actually most KV-1S and IS3 players), will bounce from your armour.

Also you can choose between 2 lines then, T29 is imo the best Tier 7 Heavy Tank if played right, had my best game with it getting nearly 3k-exp

The medium-line I got up the M48 Patton. The Pershing is the first really good one there.

Had with its turret a game once, where it bounced like 10 shots of WT auf E100, normal E100 and other Tier 10 tanks.

E: Whats the name of your Pz II ptx?  :o

That's my Rosa.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:56 am »
I heard that you can buy gold ammo for credits now.

I think ptx calls his PzII the NoobReaper.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2014, 12:42:50 am »
I always take 100 Shots Premium-Ammo with my Pz. II, for credits of course.

Basically only loading them when approaching T18 from the front, otherwise you won't get through and they can one-shot you.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2014, 01:29:02 am »
is the russian kv-2 any good ? i see a lot of kv-1s  but i like the kv-2 model (ye i'm a graphic whore  :mrgreen:) but i don't know if it's useful as heavy.
in the forums someone say yes , others no...i'm confuzed...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2014, 01:36:30 am »
KV-1 is too overrated, not as good as many people think, at least that's how I saw it after getting one

KV-2 I din't try out but that DERP-factor.. I'd love that  :mrgreen:

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2014, 01:41:10 am »
I recently got it.

It's somewhat useful. With the 152mm you can oneshot most of the other Tier 6 tanks.

Though, with 50% crew it takes about 30 sec. to reload, later on only 22 or 23 sec.. Its really slow and heavy, turret turns like like it has 0,1 PS.

But well.. critical hits, at least with HE, are nearly always done, what is really nice since you can even damage Tier 8 to 10 tanks with it.

In case you get it and you use HE, always aim for the turret since you can destroy the most shooting there. I once shot a, i believe it was a 36.01, and killed its turret, ammo-rack, gunner and commandant. Well, at least aim there when shooting from the front, otherwise to the side or the engine.

E: just an example, shooting IS-3's with HE and 152mm, you basically do around 300 to sometimes even more damage + damaging modules.

Hellcat >>> Boom
JgPzIV >>> Boom
Nashorn >>> Boom

and so on..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:50:01 am by CaveSquirrel »