Author Topic: Tuetens tournament!  (Read 16006 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: Tuetens tournament!
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »
Thanks for the tournament 8-)

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »
Yeah was a nice tournament , gratz everyone and special thanks to my team.

Offline Gryfita

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Warsaw Fans Hooligans :D:D
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gryfita The Grey Lord of Azgad
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »
Thanks for the tournament :) For Glory Grey Order :) and see ya on the next tournament!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2013, 01:59:18 am »
so where is this video of the latest match up?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2013, 06:51:00 am »
If Noobs did not fought 5 ppl, we d rock the arena! but gg, Thanks to Tueten,and Referee team for this amazing shit, and Neova,Teeth,Skono,Hans,Rixx,Phoenix for accepting to fighting with me, and wasting their 10ks :PP

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2013, 07:54:26 am »
so how did it go?!? do tell dont be shy nao.

once again im sry i couldnt ref, RL is a bitch!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2013, 11:17:03 am »
+2
Thanks everyone for tournament, was fun. I think Tueten will make similar tournaments in future, so several comments on it:
1. Number of fights.
I think in this tournaments it wasn't right. As someone said before, when team lose several fights and stop playing - is not good. But, on other hand, I think we played too many fights in finals.
So, I think it's better to have following system:
Teams are divided in groups - 4 teams in group. Every team play with each other 2 times. So, it is 6 fights for each team. Then best 2 teams from group advance to next(final) phase. And in final phase it should be just 1 fight, without any "best of three" or any other systems. Just one fight - if you lose, you are out of tournament, if win - advance to next phase.
This way we'll have a lot of fights for all teams, and exciting, unpredictable final phase for best teams.

2. Tables of groups and game schedules.
I think it should be in tournament topic. You don't have to update it with results of fights, but teams should see which group they are in and which opponents they should fight next.

3. Substitutions
There weren't clear rules about it. When I asked Tueten - he said that it is allowed only for ranged. However, several teams made substitutions for melee players. I understand that it was very difficult for referees to control it, but this is not a problem. Problem was that I had to tell several players something like "Thank you for coming, but unfortunately team is full and since substitutions are not allowed, you can't play with us in this tournament. Sorry for this, I hope it will be better in next tournament" and it wasn't fun  :(
I think you should allow any substitutions as long as it doesn't break rules about classes and gear restrictions. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2013, 12:29:22 pm »
+1
Thanks everyone for tournament, was fun. I think Tueten will make similar tournaments in future, so several comments on it:
1. Number of fights.
I think in this tournaments it wasn't right. As someone said before, when team lose several fights and stop playing - is not good. But, on other hand, I think we played too many fights in finals.
So, I think it's better to have following system:
Teams are divided in groups - 4 teams in group. Every team play with each other 2 times. So, it is 6 fights for each team. Then best 2 teams from group advance to next(final) phase. And in final phase it should be just 1 fight, without any "best of three" or any other systems. Just one fight - if you lose, you are out of tournament, if win - advance to next phase.
This way we'll have a lot of fights for all teams, and exciting, unpredictable final phase for best teams.

2. Tables of groups and game schedules.
I think it should be in tournament topic. You don't have to update it with results of fights, but teams should see which group they are in and which opponents they should fight next.

3. Substitutions
There weren't clear rules about it. When I asked Tueten - he said that it is allowed only for ranged. However, several teams made substitutions for melee players. I understand that it was very difficult for referees to control it, but this is not a problem. Problem was that I had to tell several players something like "Thank you for coming, but unfortunately team is full and since substitutions are not allowed, you can't play with us in this tournament. Sorry for this, I hope it will be better in next tournament" and it wasn't fun  :(
I think you should allow any substitutions as long as it doesn't break rules about classes and gear restrictions. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

About the groups:
at least 3 teams said that they would show up and just didnt't which forced us to come up with something out of thin air and we basicly did what you said about the groups. Problem was that there were 7 teams - odd number of teams is a bitch for any ordered fight planing.
It was my responsibility to make a working plan for the fights. I made 2 groups out of 6 teams and Bagge had the honour to solo one of the groups. Since I had to avoid that any team has to fight twice in a row, I adjusted the order of the fights accordingly - once again I had to do that while keeping the whole thing smoothly running with checking teams, weapons and results.
From my point of view, we did the best that was possible while having to deal with unreliable folks...

You can't make a fixed fight plan on the front page when people don't show and not even tell you. Will never work.

Tuete realized that there were substitutions but as long as the weapon rules were good, we let it slide.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »
Cons :

- too big arena (separate this arena in 2 and launch 2 rounds at the same time)
- not enough rounds per match (especially qualification)

i tested other sizes...but if you want to use 1 cav in each team in a nice way > you need a arena like that
and 2 fights at the same time would mean, more referees (believe me, thats not that easy to find guys who want to do that ;) and would also mean 2 different admin-text-colours  <- not possible )
i agree on the qualification...

About the groups:
at least 3 teams said that they would show up and just didnt't which forced us to come up with something out of thin air and we basicly did what you said about the groups. Problem was that there were 7 teams - odd number of teams is a bitch for any ordered fight planing.
It was my responsibility to make a working plan for the fights. I made 2 groups out of 6 teams and Bagge had the honour to solo one of the groups. Since I had to avoid that any team has to fight twice in a row, I adjusted the order of the fights accordingly - once again I had to do that while keeping the whole thing smoothly running with checking teams, weapons and results.
From my point of view, we did the best that was possible while having to deal with unreliable folks...

You can't make a fixed fight plan on the front page when people don't show and not even tell you. Will never work.

Tuete realized that there were substitutions but as long as the weapon rules were good, we let it slide.

but thx for your opinion guys, and yes > next tournament in preperation

and also there will be for sure Tuetens_6vs6_Tournament on some point again ;)

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2013, 12:51:47 pm »
+1
Well, ofc system depends on number of teams showed up. The main idea - there should be a lot of battles for all teams, and few additional for those that passed qualification.
If we talk about 7 teams showed up - you could just make each with each fights and then make finals if it wasn't clear who won.

You can't make a fixed fight plan on the front page when people don't show and not even tell you.
Well, I think you can make it 5 min before the first fight. At least like

Group A:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4

Group B

As for substitutions - it's ok, just it should be in rules.

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »
Well, ofc system depends on number of teams showed up. The main idea - there should be a lot of battles for all teams, and few additional for those that passed qualification.
If we talk about 7 teams showed up - you could just make each with each fights and then make finals if it wasn't clear who won.
Well, I think you can make it 5 min before the first fight. At least like

Group A:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4

Group B

As for substitutions - it's ok, just it should be in rules.
I understand where you go to and we would have liked it that way too. Just, 2 people trying to handle everything was probably a bit too much.
My suggestion for the next one is, that everyone not fighting goes to spectators. That way, we don't have to worry about people screwing around which didn't make it easier. Although it was okay most of the time.

We were thinking about pitting everyone vs everyone but decided against it cuz of the time factor. As Tuete already said before: having 2 fights simultaneously just doesn't work on one server.
If everyone says:"Yea, I want a lot of fights and don't mind waiting while others have their fights!" - sure, why not, next time we do that. Honestly though, I don't believe that everyone is that patient.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2013, 01:39:03 pm »
and 2 fights at the same time would mean, more referees (believe me, thats not that easy to find guys who want to do that ;) and would also mean 2 different admin-text-colours  <- not possible )

Why 2 colors ? Even with only 1 color if you use admin text using the names of the team (instead of saying 1:0 you say Team X 1 : Team Y 0, x and y team go to arena 2, etc) people will get it; maybe having purple text while you're still playing could annoy but as long as you know you can continue to fight until the last one is dead without having to read the purple text, should be ok. Then if during the game someone broke a rule, it will be a forfeit so nothing that they did w/o reading would change anything, weither they won or not.

If you offered to be referee "game score announcer", even a player watching from the stand could do so, so I would like to apply for that. They could help things go a bit smoother while they dont play. Not even 100% needed to be on the same TS, if you give them admin password you can tell 'em directly "go referee this match there".

Checking players/weapons at the gate, announcing the next fights, handing out punishement should be only controlled by dedicated referees on horseback or at least not actively playing (thats why its hard to find them  :mrgreen: not playing can be a bitch).

But yeah, finding more dedicated referees and trying to have 2 arenas would be a big improvement and enables way more rounds to be played. A thing I think everyone agree to.

Alternative idea:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:42:10 pm by Butan »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »
How many rounds we had yesterday in sum with all finals, replays, etc?
iirc it was around 25.
Everyone with everyone for 7 teams is 21 rounds. Should be ok.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2013, 02:57:21 pm »
who won anyway?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden