Author Topic: Incoming item bombing by Badplayer  (Read 2509 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Incoming item bombing by Badplayer
« on: November 25, 2012, 03:00:46 am »
+6
So earlier today, me and BaleofHay were moving back up to the north with our trade goods.  Badplayer saw us and popped out of New Weyyah Castle.  Bale and I met up, made our necassary adjustments and I gave chase to him.  He only had 200 crates or so,  but I Quick Marched after him. He retreated to Weyyah castle and then quickly emerged with 560,000 crates.  I still pursued him, but was continually juked.  I'm not sure if this is done by continually issuing the same movement command, or by constantly switching directions.  However, I have personally encountered this issue twice already with Hero Party members.  First when I eventually successfully attacked Rohypnol and again when attempting to attack Badplayer.  Rohypnol took over ten attempts to finally attack him and I attempted over 20 times to attack Badplayer.    He then slipped by me and attack BaleofHay.  Anyway, this is very clearly an attempt at item bombing and it needs to be addressed.  The attack order thing, we've known about forever, and hopefully a fix for that is coming.  It's quite unfortunate though,  because now my Quick March is mostly used up and I won't be able to cover the distance I need to before exhaustion sets in.

Here are some pictures illustrating my frustrating attempts to attack Badplayer and the extremely high crate count.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Incoming item bombing by Badplayer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:37 am »
+1
yeah I find it rather funny that the clan with the most game admins per player and has the ehad na game admin in their faction is abusing the most strategus game mechanics.  We could really use an impartial EU admin getting involved as everytime we complain to the NA admins under shik we are ignored - even as they continue to abuse sky ladders in battles, abusing nighttime settings, and now this.  I guess they are afraid of fair fights.  Kind of sad actually.  But yes please can an eu admin get involved.

Also it appears if they are willing to change their direction slightly each minute before the tick they are impossible to be attacked even though we move 3-4x as fast as them and are on top of them.  Not sure why within 50 meters isnt sufficient for an attack anyways as that is smaller than the distance between opposing flags in strategus battles.  Without that it makes this kind of abuse possible and the exploitation of the 0 meter rule along with ticks for movement.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:08:01 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:09:32 am »
+1
Well I assumed you were gonna catch up to me so I bought the items to deter you from attacking so I could attack BaleOhay. Valid tactic in my opinion, much like you item bombing in Strategus 2 which I always supported because I thought it was funny.

And by the way I didn't try "juke" or anything, I just moved to attack BaleOhay then didn't bother doing anything else in Strategus since I assumed i'd either be attacked or you wouldn't bother attacking me cause of all my crates and i'd be able to attack him.

Heres even a bit of me chatting to Shik about this issue when I went to recheck strategus and I agree it needs a fix and am not sure why it happens.
(click to show/hide)
But you guys don't have to complain about every thing ya know, this is the reason we have been attempting to wipe you out since strategus 2 because you are awful hypocrite shitposters. A shame you left for star wars before we started and finished the job last time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:18:16 am by idle »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 03:45:10 am »
+1
we have been attempting to wipe you out since strategus 2 because you are awful hypocrite shitposters. A shame you left for star wars before we started and finished the job last time.

???  You never attacked us in strat 2 - we actually saved your ass a number of times.  In strat 3 you never attacked us, actually did a decent amount of trading with each other, strat 4 you supported us by doing large trades with us feeding us plenty of gold and mercing for us.  Not sure where you make these statements up or if you are getting fed them to you by smoothrich now that you are butthurt that we reacted as expected when you attacked BIRD clan.  You must be really really bad at attempting to wipe another clan that you havent even started yet after 2 years - it only took us a week and a half for ATS and tutuo did shogunate all on his loneseome.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:06 am »
???  You never attacked us in strat 2 - we actually saved your ass a number of times.  In strat 3 you never attacked us, actually did a decent amount of trading with each other, strat 4 you supported us by doing large trades with us feeding us plenty of gold and mercing for us.  Not sure where you make these statements up or if you are getting fed them to you by smoothrich now that you are butthurt that we reacted as expected when you attacked BIRD clan.  You must be really really bad at attempting to wipe another clan that you havent even started yet - it only took us a week and a half for ATS and tutuo did shogunate all on his loneseome.

realtalk.

Strategus 2 I was in CHAOS at war with FCC after leaving LLJK for a little while, and had worked out with Smoothrich that LLJK was going to attack camels->fallen->fcc if it didn't end so early. Strategus 3 the whole Green Alliance was just us and CHAOS at first allying to attack you but then you quit and ect and it got changed to other things. Strategus 4 well, we are at war now right?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:42 am »
+1
realtalk.

Strategus 2 I was in CHAOS at war with FCC after leaving LLJK for a little while, and had worked out with Smoothrich that LLJK was going to attack camels->fallen->fcc if it didn't end so early. Strategus 3 the whole Green Alliance was just us and CHAOS at first allying to attack you but then you quit and ect and it got changed to other things. Strategus 4 well, we are at war now right?

hahahaha you are so full of shit - no one ever cared about you, just another merc didn't lead anything - partyboy was the only real leader of BIRD clan as much as you tried to copy and be like him no one liked you so it didnt work like it does for partyboy.  Your big conspiracy didn't mean anything.  Smoothrich back then was mercing him and a bunch of lljk for us against ATS, they might have not liked fallen but they were fully with us at the time and helped us out just like we had helped them - just becasue you 2 guys hate us now doesn't mean that you suddenly travelled back in time and were preparing to war against us in an earlier strat iteration where it made absolutely no sense to.  Badplayer I pity you, you and smoothrich deserve each other.

Strat 3??  wtf are you talking about - chaos was nowhere near attacking us in that strat, one of our main trading aprtners at the time and good source of mercenaries.  We left months before the green alliance even formed before we had ever even lost even one major fight in strategus - strategus micromanagement beat us into boredom.  Strat 4 you traded and merced for us.  You never made any attaempt to attack us instead you helped us just like we helped you against hosp by merrcing in force for you guys.  Only reason we are fighting right now is BIRD clan got attacked and that was something you hadnt planned on when you marched on shariz.

You and smoothrich should abdicate to tydeus, mcdeath, and others who don't do stupid things on strategus just because of personal vendetta and inner angst.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 04:00:46 am »
+1
hahahaha you are so full of shit - no one ever cared about you, just another merc didn't lead anything - partyboy was the only real leader of BIRD clan as much as you tried to copy and be like him no one liked you so it didnt work like it does for partyboy.  Your big conspiracy didn't mean anything.  Smoothrich back then was mercing him and a bunch of lljk for us against ATS, they might have not liked fallen but they were fully with us at the time and helped us out just like we had helped them - just becasue you 2 guys hate us now doesn't mean that you suddenly travelled back in time and were preparing to war against us in an earlier strat iteration where it made absolutely no sense to.  Badplayer I pity you, you and smoothrich deserve each other.

Strat 3??  wtf are you talking about - chaos was nowhere near attacking us in that strat, one of our main trading aprtners at the time and good source of mercenaries.  We left months before the green alliance even formed before we had ever even lost even one major fight in strategus - strategus micromanagement beat us into boredom.  Strat 4 you traded and merced for us.  You never made any attaempt to attack us instead you helped us just like we helped you against hosp by merrcing in force for you guys.  Only reason we are fighting right now is BIRD clan got atatcked and that was something you hadnt planned on when you marched o shariz.

lol. You might have your finger glued to f5ing the strategus page but that doesn't mean you know everything bro.

"occitan have all hacked and multiaccounted UIF troops and gear" -kesh 2012

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:32:34 am »
+1

You and smoothrich should abdicate to tydeus, mcdeath, and others who don't do stupid things on strategus just because of personal vendetta and inner angst.

??

All we tried to do was fight LLJK.  You're the one who is making it a drama shitfest and sending thousands of troops down  to scare us into not fighting, while making a thread after EVERY thing we do in Strat calling it abuse and demanding we get deadminned.  Its you.  You're the one with the vendettas.  With the angst.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 04:42:47 am »
You can give items to someone without allowing trade?
btw what you mean by item bombing?

Anyways it most likely he brought a ton of peasant gear (Since there free now)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:53:52 am »
lol. You might have your finger glued to f5ing the strategus page but that doesn't mean you know everything bro.

"occitan have all hacked and multiaccounted UIF troops and gear" -kesh 2012

?? you mean they didnt get troops and gear and gold from attacking former UIF fiefs of banned multiaccount players??  I know thats all i said that they got troops from those banned players - which they even admitted to doing.  Not really sure what you are trying to do here except change my words to make a broader generalization than what I said ("all")

Smoothrich - we dont want to be in the desert, you are the one instigating all of this despite most of hero party not giving a shit about your personal vendetta against phantom zero and other former lljk members.  Thats all your own personal angst and you just have to look here to see it.

RAGE Rage and moar rage - crying countless tears and qq.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/megaclan-hero-party-attack-fledgling-bird-clan!!/120/
and all your own personal vendetta here:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/hero-party's-terms-of-desert-alliance-with-lljk/

If you had even bothered to ask you would have known we were just as annoyed that so many fiefs came into Partyboy's possession that had to be protected under our BIRD clan liege lord's vassalage.  We didn't want to waste our time in the desert.  And for the record the hero party, semenstorm, jabonra combo faction is 4x as large as BIRD clan if not bigger, we didnt march in force we only sent enough to get the odds a little closer to even.  You are not the little guys in this silly fight over smoothrich's ego as much as you might like to pretend to be like you were against hospitallers when we did something similar to help you out.  You were going after one of the few factions smaller than you.

Also, back on topic - since the "allowing incoming transfers" button was implemented this is the only way to properly item bomb someone else, a bannable offense by the way.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:28 am »
+1
Also, back on topic - since the "allowing incoming transfers" button was implemented this is the only way to properly item bomb someone else, a bannable offense by the way.

Disagree.
You can Hide from him(and out run them) with such a huge amount of crates. In addition, all those troops are lost as well(meaning they have to attack you and burn troops to do this).
As ITEM bomb consists of GIVING the enemy gear BEFORE a battle, they don't GIVE that gear to you, unless they lose. In addition, they actually "ITEM BOMB" themselves first to properly do this. It also doesn't have to be 200000 items to get that many crates. You can buy 99999999 rocks and you get a shit ton of crates.

You guys are blowing smoke. Just ignore the guy with the shit ton of crates and attack someone else, or have an army with little gear/crates attack him. It's simple. '

I keep this as part of an anti raid defense. If you raid me, you get my gear, ALL of it. Helps deter raids and forces assaults. Since it's not done for an assault.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:17:20 am »

Also, back on topic - since the "allowing incoming transfers" button was implemented this is the only way to properly item bomb someone else, a banable offense by the way.
wait what, link please. Is there a restriction on how many stones i may carry?
560k is silly, no question, but in numbers of perhaps 2-4k, it may be a valid tactic, to mislead an attacker from another target. I have seen used successfully 2 times now and perhaps i would consider it myself. So please give me the posts that carrying shitloads of worthless junk is banable, so i wouldn't use this myself at some point.

The only thing i don't understand why you weren't able to catch him. Have you made tests how this effects the speed?

Also perhaps the peasent gear should either be removed in strategus or it would need to be payed a minimum like 1g. I think badplayer would have thought twice before investing into 560k stones  :lol:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 05:32:50 am »
+1
it can actually be used offensively.

you see a guy.. lets call him Bale walking with crates. You do not have enough troops to kill him.. but within a 24 march window you could get people there.

So attack knowing you are going to die.. Drop the item bomb which limits movement on the trader more. You lock him down for 24 hours till your friends arrive. The hour safety window you do not get far with that many crates.

Can be a simple fix allow people to discard items.. Do not let them drop goods.. but equipment should be allowed to be dropped wherever you would like.

The attack radius issue is a bigger problem. Never had any issues hitting Kutt in the war with attack. But for some reason lately we have no end of trouble. In this case badplayer walking with all those crates evaded murder who was Qming with horses. He tried for 40 minutes to attack him without any luck. Def moving faster so I do not know why that would not work. had the same issues with Shik and Rho.
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 05:37:41 am »
+1
I have been wanting to make a post about dropping items in the field. It should be allowed.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:02 am »
In this case badplayer walking with all those crates evaded murder who was Qming with horses. He tried for 40 minutes to attack him without any luck. Def moving faster so I do not know why that would not work. had the same issues with Shik and Rho.
This sounds like a miscalculation in the speed formulas. With 560k crates and that few troops and horses he had in comparison, you shouldn't be able to move an inch anymore.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future