Author Topic: Crossbow question  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
Crossbow question
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:42 am »
Hello people!

Im currently playing a "sniper" kind of build with the sniper crossbow and its really effective and i love it, you may have already saw me ;) but yeah here is my question:

Does having higher WPF increases the damage you do with the crossbow like it does for bow and melee? Cuz iv been asking around and nobody really managed to give me a clear answer with proof or experience.

Thx for the help!!

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
Re: Crossbow question
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:05:42 am »
Yeah it does it increases dmg and reload speed.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:59 am »
Yeah it does it increases reload speed.
It does? Proof?

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:47 am »
No.

It affects accuracy and reload speed.
Monkeys!

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »
No.

It affects accuracy and reload speed.

Ok that's what i thought. Also, does heirlooming the sniper xbow 3 times (which means 75 --> 87 damage) really makes a difference or I'll still prolly need to 2-shot pretty much everybody with full health beside peasants? Cuz beside head shotting the person, iv never 1-shotted somebody full health, even once i shot an archer bear chest and it did not killed him and that was with steel bolts o.O"

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »
For example Tomas_of_Miles says, that with MW sniper xbow you still really often have to shot 2 times at 1 person. But I have only not heirloomed sniper xbow, so ask him yourself.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:15:17 pm »
I get rather common 1 shot on my HA with 52 body armor in total..without any IF.
But anyway..not wanting hurt someone really bad but expecting to 1 shot people is rather greedy..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:31:18 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 10:42:36 pm »
For example Tomas_of_Miles says, that with MW sniper xbow you still really often have to shot 2 times at 1 person. But I have only not heirloomed sniper xbow, so ask him yourself.

Hmmm ok, if I see him I'll try to aks him :)

I get rather common 1 shot on my HA with 52 body armor in total..without any IF.
But anyway..not wanting hurt someone really bad but expecting to 1 shot people is rather greedy..

I know I'll never be able to one shot mail or above, its just that for the time it takes even at 150 WPF to reload the sniper xbow I find it stupid that I can't one shot light armor such as the sarranid leather armor (28 body armor). I know this one guy that is pure archer (so no IF) and with that armor, I would need 2 bolts in the torso to kill him! And it happens pretty much all the time, whenever I managed a good sniping shot in the torso of an archer, he was still alive! I use a modified loud sound to make sure to hear whenever I land a succesfull shot and I sure hit him. I completly understand that I can't 1-shot melee guys that have IF on top of medium+ armor but leather armor? Comon!

Edit: oh and if ur getting one shotted while on your horse it's probably cuz you were at high speed toward where the projectil came from which gives a damage bonus. On the other side, if your going in the same direction as the projectil (get shot in your back while running full speed), you get less damage. Somebody plz correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:46:33 pm by Siboire »

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:00 am »
Yeah if you are thinking of using the sniper long term i.e. more than one gen then heirloom it. And do steel bolts too, they become +10 damage. But yeah even with that people with armour as light as pilgrim disguise or aketon may survive given that their IF is very low and that they aren't moving towards you. I might loom all the crossbows for test purposes. Doing my light crossbow next so I can try HC build. After that I'll try archery I think.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 04:24:50 am »
Seems rather weak that we can't one shot people with such light armor   :? Archers can do a lot more damage given the same time as it takes to reload and shoot.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 10:20:22 am »
I dont know if it was allready mentioned but I have the feeling that distance to your target is very important too. with my twice loomed sniper I wasnt able to one shot a naked guy (but prob IF and quite some str) from pretty far away.
so the closer you are, the higher is the damage and vice versa. just the feeling I have.

and Siboire you are right with movement direction
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:22:08 am by Nihtgenga »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:35 am »
If you want to one-shot armored people, aim for the head.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 11:08:41 am »
If you want to one-shot armored people, aim for the head.

This.

Body shots are pretty easy to land with the sniper bow, or most bows in general. Also consider that often times in battle, unless you're shooting at a person in the beginning of a round, they'll often probably go down if they have been hit once or twice. The sniper bow not only kills very well, headshot or not, but also contributes well in team play. For example, if you shoot an enemy, even if they don't die and get away, chances are that they are very likely at low health and that much more likely to be taken down by an enemy. In my opinion, Sniper bows are in a good place right now.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 12:32:02 pm »
I dont know if it was allready mentioned but I have the feeling that distance to your target is very important too. with my twice loomed sniper I wasnt able to one shot a naked guy (but prob IF and quite some str) from pretty far away.
so the closer you are, the higher is the damage and vice versa. just the feeling I have.

and Siboire you are right with movement direction
Yeah due to physics, the bolt deccelerates and is thus travelling at a lower velocity, lowering its speed bonus.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »
This.

Body shots are pretty easy to land with the sniper bow, or most bows in general. Also consider that often times in battle, unless you're shooting at a person in the beginning of a round, they'll often probably go down if they have been hit once or twice. The sniper bow not only kills very well, headshot or not, but also contributes well in team play. For example, if you shoot an enemy, even if they don't die and get away, chances are that they are very likely at low health and that much more likely to be taken down by an enemy. In my opinion, Sniper bows are in a good place right now.
Makes me feel a lot better than myself  :mrgreen:. Maybe I should target those who I know are already wounded...