Author Topic: Improving night time settings and Developers should behave.  (Read 2082 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Improving night time settings and Developers should behave.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:59:15 pm »
I do not buy the we happened to be in the area attacking fallen. Just in time to divert and eat up the sd. Just happened to have shine army and enough gold for upkeep plus enough to buy 15,000 goods.
Seems fishy. Same as I said to u in vent when u came in.

we saw what you were doing and beat you to the other fief. we are also giving the fiefs back and gold.
Since they are back in game.

amazingly after u sold the sd to chaos you did not follow thru on that fallen attack. guess u changed your mind after walking half the map.
Leader of BS

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 07:27:39 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »
+1
amazingly after u sold the sd to chaos you did not follow thru on that fallen attack. guess u changed your mind after walking half the map.

Shik was there for those two sieges (or at least one of em) on Tilbaut castle and changed his mind about attacking it after actually playing it, and even said as much in in-game chat (though he didn't follow through on attacking us instead).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 08:12:01 pm »
Shik was there for those two sieges (or at least one of em) on Tilbaut castle and changed his mind about attacking it after actually playing it, and even said as much in in-game chat (though he didn't follow through on attacking us instead).

I just checked, and he was there for both sieges. Frankly, after seeing how that castle is laid out, I can see why he would feel that trying to attack it is a waste of time.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 08:55:30 pm »
+1
just another reason why battles should be server region prime time only.

And any experienced dev would have anti-grief designed his game and prevented abuse like this.  For instance only being able to change night-time once a week

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »
+2
I just checked, and he was there for both sieges. Frankly, after seeing how that castle is laid out, I can see why he would feel that trying to attack it is a waste of time.

:twisted:

We broke their spirit upon the walls of New Tilbaut. Bless their little ole hearts.

Persistent, predictable night-time settings would be nice. This would probably benefit me least of all, too, since we Fallen have got a large, dependable EU counterpart. It makes life easy for us, harder for everyone else.

The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 09:42:59 pm »
+3

Yeah.  The first arrow of the first siege hit Shik in the face   :P  He was hanging around in our territory for a while but took off once he realized that he didn't have a chance in hell versus the valiant archers of New Tibault mountaindeathfortress.  I see no reason why we can't have more hours for night time settings.  Most people need to both sleep AND work, which is going to be around 16 hours every day that they are unavailable. 

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 10:55:24 pm »
+4
Before this he took advantage of prior knowledge of Pale Horsemen being banned and had 1000 heavily armed army with over 100K in their fiefs the day they got banned for no valid reason being in their territory far from hero_party or chaos' lands and bought up all their S&D. 
Since this hasn't affected me or my clan, there is no reason for me to cry.  It is just an observation. Just trying to make the game better.

This is not an observation, this is pure speculation. You are making assumptions about what happened and denying anything else as an explanation because it doesn't fit into your conspiracy theory.

I do not buy the we happened to be in the area attacking fallen. Just in time to divert and eat up the sd. *
Seems fishy. Same as I said to u in vent when u came in.

we saw what you were doing and beat you to the other fief. we are also giving the fiefs back and gold.
Since they are back in game.

Well, since you are all so unwilling to believe what actually happened, maybe I shouldn't bother to reiterate, but I will anyway. Shik was up North to assist us, Chaos, against Fallen. He found out about Pale Horsemen's bans around the same time we did (Malaclypse is IRL friends with Rhalzo, I think we actually knew about it before Shik did). He didn't divert east into their territory until sometime early that morning. The proximity of the Horsemen's territory to that of ours where Shik was heading is not so far that it's unreasonable to believe that he could've made it there when he did without prior knowledge of the bans.

* Just happened to have shine army and enough gold for upkeep plus enough to buy 15,000 goods.

And evidently someone doesn't understand how hero_party operates. It's a faction of heroes, in the sense of a single-player campaign. Each hero works on his own, making his own way and orchestrating his own trades. Being an individualist faction, it's not surprising that a hero in the field would hold most of their earthly belongings on them, gold included, for their own benefit.

They are, however, a faction that works together despite all of that. Shik had been asked by other members of hero_party to return to the desert to assist them because of a separate war burgeoning on the horizon. If I were Shik I'd have had second thoughts about throwing all my tickets at Tilbaut Castle as well, after seeing the battles that played out there. Nothing "amazing" about it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 10:59:20 pm »
+1
Night time should be taken out completely. 

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:05 pm »
+1
Nighttime is necessary BUT can we please SEE what other people's nighttime is set to before we attack? I don't think that is much to ask for.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »
no not really worth fighitng over.

Sure does look odd tho. The morning we are reading Pale got booted a dev is sitting at their keep looting. You can -1 me all you want but that does not look right.

Leader of BS

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »
It simply should take some (longer) time before the change of the night time takes effect... like 72h or so.

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:33 pm »
This is not an observation, this is pure speculation. You are making assumptions about what happened and denying anything else as an explanation because it doesn't fit into your conspiracy theory.

Fair enough, but it is possible. This is something abusable that should be fixed.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:55 pm »
+2
no not really worth fighitng over.

Sure does look odd tho. The morning we are reading Pale got booted a dev is sitting at their keep looting. You can -1 me all you want but that does not look right.

It may look odd, but so does letting your off-base judgments get in the way of realizing how things really happened. I don't even think the devs who do deal with multi-account banning (indeed, Shik has nothing to do with that) were looking at Pale Horsemen as early as the point in time that Shik started leaving the desert to travel North.

You get -1 because you didn't question what happened or the explanations for it, you flat out said "no that can't be". Give us a break. It didn't "look right" when you guys started grabbing their S&D and fiefs, either, but after we asked you what you were doing and why, at least we gave you the benefit of believing what you said.

Yours and Snickers' arguments are based on one incidental fact that doesn't pan out in the way you want it to.

Fair enough, but it is possible. This is something abusable that should be fixed.

What, that Shik is on the dev team? He's not in charge of any matters of Strategus, and, more relevant to this situation, doesn't handle multi-account bans at all.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 12:04:54 am »
Considering yours was the very first explanation I heard about it. I can only go with the way things appear.

If what u say is true I apologize to shik. You can not fault us for looking at it the way it appears. Based off the reaction of some of the chaos members when I was in your ts they were as concerned as we were about impropriety.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:10:41 am by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS