Author Topic: Nominate your favorite maps (NA80/100). Poll with pics*  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nominate your favorite maps (NA80/100). Poll with pics*
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 12:08:57 am »
While I appreciate the fact you are trying to protect the map makers, anyone who publishes something publicly should be prepared for some criticism. Additionally, I think some constructive criticism would benefit the cRPG community. There are some maps I like, but because of some poorly position objects (ladders, buildings, etc.) the maps are clearly unbalanced and strongly favor one side over the other.

By only recording the favorites, you're not really accounting for the true overall quality of the maps across the board.
+1
Most mappers use the scene editing subforum for feedback on how a specific map can be improved, often when someone cares enough to complain, the mapper will fix problems and repost an updated version.

Most of the time the only feedback mappers get is vauge unfocused criticism in game.

The poll here is not intended to adress problems in maps and improve them, it is intended to be the first step in getting rid of some tired old maps that noone really is excited about anymore so we can clear some space on an already bloated rotation for new maps to have a shot, and improve the overall quality of the server.

I agree completely that constructive criticism is a great thing, and would encourage anyone who has complaints about a map to speak directly with the creator, or post in the scene editng subforum.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,468.0.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:19:28 am by Nasturtium »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Nominate your favorite maps (NA80/100). Poll with pics*
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 12:46:00 am »
Gotcha. I'll head over there and make a few posts once  I get a chance.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: