Author Topic: unban request: S my D for Previously settled case with mod in game  (Read 577 times)

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
I was banned for 72 hours for defending myself and killing Byz of Uesugi in Rageball after her, without any provocation hit me 4 times, killing me.  He then left and rejoined, and did it once more.  I defended myself by killing him and kept trying to kick him.  HoC admin (cannot recall name) joined and warned us BOTH, settling that if we continued, we would become banned for 2 days.  It was settled and I am humbly requesting an unban on behalf of myself and the admin.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: unban request: S my D for Previously settled case with mod in game
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:20:26 am »
Looking at the screen shots the deliberate team wounding by both parties is clear.  A ban appears to be justified.

Green_Machine aka S_my_D aka Pious_Peener_Pooper aka Patty_mayonaise has pretty much been banned about once a month since June (ban-free in October).  This shows either a lack of understanding of the rules, or a deliberate disregard.  Due to the ban history this will be a longer ban. 

Byz_of_Uesugi has been banned twice in the past.  Ban history isn't as extensive but you're building a case to start receiving longer bans in the future.

I understand that you might want to screw around with friends, but if you teamkill to the detriment of helping out the rest of your team it becomes a problem because it affects fun for others.

Issuing a 72 hour (3 day) ban for Green_Machine, and a 36 hour ban for Byz_of_Uesugi.  Longer bans & unban essays are in your future if you continue to ignore the rules.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-%28official%29/ban-request-green_machine-and-byz_of_uesugi/

Ill contact Mr.Shine for ya
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:33:41 am by Muki »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »
I can vouch for that.
I did warn the two of them that TKing regardless of the situation was bound to get them in trouble and a two day ban to follow if it continued.
Both of them humbly accepted that and continued on with Rageball minus the rage.

Edit: I should also make clear the screenshots that Raccoon posted were before the warning.
I joined into the server to see vote kicks and TK's, didn't know the situation, warned them both and it stopped.
If the ban stays in place, gets shortened, or removed altogether, let it be a firm warning.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:22:31 pm by Jeade »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38:49 pm »
Because it appears that this ban thread was created in the time before Jeade warned you, and because it sounds like the TKs stopped after the warning, I will reduce the ban from 72 hours to 48 (which will mean an unban tonight).  This does not excuse the fact that this has been your 5th ban and that future bans will be met with even longer length and a much less likely chance at appealing. 

I'll leave this thread open until the time I unban.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »
Alright. Thanks Jeade.  I suppose 48 is better than 72.  so thanks.  I understand.  I have been doing my best to abide the rules, its just difficult when people troll so obnoxiously and don't allow me the fairness of playing.  But I will just act more passively.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 04:59:56 am »
Thank you for dealing with it maturely!

Lifted ban; locking thread.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345