Author Topic: (Crossbow Balance)  (Read 718 times)

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
(Crossbow Balance)
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:33 pm »
+1
Nerf repair rate/Amount for crossbows, add a WPF* requirement for them,

20=Hunting
40=Light
70=Regular
95=Heavy
130=Arbalest

Nerf repair rate to half, or repair price by 1/3rd.

*=Effective WPF.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: (Crossbow Balance)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »
WPF requirement would be good, but WPF needs tweaking for melee weapons for it to be really worth it. Without melee wpf you should do a lot less damage or much slower attack..as it is you can get by with no wpf at all for the sort of weapons crossbow users use, or sacrifice a small amount from xbows for a large amount of melee wpf. It would help with wpf requirement as a start tho

Crossbows should really use a skill like Power Draw or Power Throw, so they aren't so similar to pure melee builds

Don't see the point of making them cheaper..that will just make even more people take a xbow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:37:57 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »
Don't see the point of making them cheaper..that will just make even more people take a xbow.
Thats what the WPF requirement is for, a numbers are not final, they are just fillers.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:48:17 pm »
I like to see crossbows much slower than they are now but there should be some skill which will increase reloading speed (preferably STR based to slower arbamy old friends) to even them with archers a bit.
Still you will be able to use xbows without this skill but your reload time will be very slow. Still wpf requirement will be good but not so harsh.

Maybe some new peasant xbow will be good and also renaming bolts to hunting bolt with cut damage.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »
nah Xbow if it need some requirment it is wpf like in 1 post, it dont need any skill(or this skill shoud increase xbow dmg also as pd or pt) and Pioks idea about str buff xbow reload speed is a bullshit.
Repair right now is normal.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
nah Xbow if it need some requirment it is wpf like in 1 post, it dont need any skill(or this skill shoud increase xbow dmg also as pd or pt) and Pioks idea about str buff xbow reload speed is a bullshit.
Repair right now is normal.
Its about STR based skill similar to power draw but instead damage buff it increases reload speed. Everybody loves 15/27 catch me if you can arbalesters.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 03:37:36 am »
The wpf is a really good idea because it nerfs xbowmen who hav no wpf in xbows (which needs to be done). And it gives people a reason to put wpf into xbows.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:31 am »
I don't know about you all but I was a firm believer in 0 xbow wpf. However seeing as having xbow wpf siginficantly reduces the amount of times I have to repair the expensive thing I have been regularly applying 60-70 xbow wpf to my builds. Also if you made xbows have a bigger requirement like archery it would be completely worthless. Being a pure xbowman is the sign of a bad player. You would just be a running archer without the ability to kite. One person with 6 athletics on you might not catch you but you would never be able to fire again before the battle is decided. Archers can afford to go pure as they can reload while moving. A good Crossbow man should and will generally be a much bigger threat in melee than range. Most of the well know xbow men I see in the game are very good melee,

Gristle
silveredge
Riran-Chaos
Malaclypse

I am sure there are plenty of other crossbow men eu and na that I forgot but I don't play as much as I used to.

Hell the only Xbow man I know that prefers to run than fight that is at all worth mentioning is

Imwithstupid and hell he occassionally thrashes some one with his mace if they dog him to much.

Offline Piok

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:58 am »
I envy ninjas that they invest their skill point and wpf to throwing while they could invest 70-100 wpf to xbow and with theirs agi build (21+) could still swing katanas at speed of light. And be much more dangerous than with any throwing weapon. Try to hit something with 70-100 wpf in throwing :wink:

About good players: We have very good players on EU. Dave_ukr is example of very good player which will be able easily to top scoreboard as infantry still he uses arbalest in which he is even better. But one Dave is enough and he is bad example for newbies to start their path to darkness.
Not to mention our Darth Vader and master delayer sir Agor which is consumed by darkness completely :mrgreen:

About reloading speed: yes 2slotet xbows reload relatively slow but xbowers are almost never seen in open.
Their tactic is to shoot and scoot or to be corner spiders sitting in their nests or crawling slowly along walls.
 :!: I've seen pure xbow build with hunting or light xbow reloading and shooting faster than my 140wpf unloomed tatar bow archer  :cry:

So in one going pure Xbow is not sign of bad player but complete retardation and twisted nature :evil: