Author Topic: Banned by Smoothrich on NA1 for a stupid reason - 24 hour ban  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Cryptic_Killer

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Banned by Smoothrich on NA1 for a stupid reason - 24 hour ban
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:34:03 am »
I was banned for 24 hours by Smoothrich on the NA 1 battle server for simply having a Swiss halberd on a horse.  I don't know what kind of nerd code or logic frowns upon a man using the 31 thrust of a Swiss halberd on a horse(on an unimportant note, it wasn't my intention to spawn with a horse, didn't realize it and figured I'd be stupid not to use it for mobility since I'm paying the upkeep...  efficiency will make you real monies).  Anyways, 24 hours banned on both characters on all the NA servers for equipping a Swiss halberd and not being warned.  Just wanted to point out another genuine state of the art Badministrator that thinks his admin power in a video game is nothing to test.  Keep up the fantastic work bud

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Banned by Smoothrich on NA1 for a stupid reason - 24 hour ban
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:36 am »
silly or no but rules forbid to use that stick on horse.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:08 am »
Did give a warning in admin chat 2 maps before, while people were complaining in chat.  You stopped using it so I thought you understood.  I described the rule (no halberd on horseback) and mentioned you by name.  Two or three maps later, you were right back at doing it.  Remember the rules and pay attention to admin chat next time.

Here's the rest of the rules:  http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »
Badministrator
That is what smoothrich is all about. He perma banned me for not giving him a loom point.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »
....but...it was...a legitimate ban...and Smoothrich was...actually following the rules D:
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »
If you could do me a favor and go to this thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/game-admin-feedback/%28na%29-smoothrich/

Please argue back and forth with Smoothrich about how terrible he is as admin.  I would greatly appreciate the read.

Thanks
Miracle
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Cryptic_Killer

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
You warned me once?  I'm sorry I don't sit there and read the chat meticulously that is littered with the incompetent thoughts of insecure nerds.  You banned me for 24 fucking hours for not knowing that I can't have a Swiss Halberd on a horse.  This is far too extreme of a ban for the infraction.  Definitely admin abuse.  Why not be a rational person and say..  ban me for 15 minutes or a hour as my 2nd warning?  Maybe I would have seen the warning and reacted accordingly.  Oh, you'd much rather flex your little chicken wing muscles and throw out a 24 hour ban for this instantly.  I'm not angry, I'm just shocked that your 'pro-active' thinking would conclude a 24 hour ban for something so minor.  Your justification for a 24 hour ban is weak...  Keep striking down upon thy community with great vengeance and furious anger.  Cheers

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 07:55:06 pm »
Pretty sure it states in the equipment  screen that this weapon cannot be used on horseback.

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »
You warned me once?  I'm sorry I don't sit there and read the chat meticulously that is littered with the incompetent thoughts of insecure nerds.  You banned me for 24 fucking hours for not knowing that I can't have a Swiss Halberd on a horse.  This is far too extreme of a ban for the infraction.  Definitely admin abuse.  Why not be a rational person and say..  ban me for 15 minutes or a hour as my 2nd warning?  Maybe I would have seen the warning and reacted accordingly.  Oh, you'd much rather flex your little chicken wing muscles and throw out a 24 hour ban for this instantly.  I'm not angry, I'm just shocked that your 'pro-active' thinking would conclude a 24 hour ban for something so minor.  Your justification for a 24 hour ban is weak...  Keep striking down upon thy community with great vengeance and furious anger.  Cheers

This is absolutely hilarious.

Are you really so pissed about not being able to play this game for one day that you have to bitch on the forum about it? You broke the rules, you got banned for a very small amount of time and you asking the admins to read through these "incompetent thoughts" of an "insecure nerd" isn't going to help the situation at all. It will only serve to make you look like a whining child. And that's exactly what it looks like.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 09:10:13 pm »
You warned me once?  I'm sorry I don't sit there and read the chat meticulously that is littered with the incompetent thoughts of insecure nerds.
1.) It's bright pink text, bolded. Always pay attention to the unique bright pink neon text that looks nothing like any other text.

2.) It says it can't be used on horseback in item description.

3.) Ignorance is no excuse: http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/rules-and-guidelines-(please-read-this-before-posting)/

4.)
I was banned for 24 hours by Smoothrich on the NA 1 battle server for simply having a Swiss halberd on a horse.  I don't know what kind of nerd code or logic frowns upon a man using the 31 thrust of a Swiss halberd on a horse(on an unimportant note, it wasn't my intention to spawn with a horse, didn't realize it and figured I'd be stupid not to use it for mobility since I'm paying the upkeep...  efficiency will make you real monies).  Anyways, 24 hours banned on both characters on all the NA servers for equipping a Swiss halberd and not being warned.  Just wanted to point out another genuine state of the art Badministrator that thinks his admin power in a video game is nothing to test.  Keep up the fantastic work bud
So basically here you are admitting that after spawning with a horse you decided to keep on using it anyways instead of dismounting.

5.) Be glad Smooth was such a softy, EU bans longer for exploitation and I would have banned you for three days myself. Coming as someone who did not have a fun time dodging a Swiss on a horseback, I'm pretty happy you were banned for a short time especially given your rotten attitude.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:14:32 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30:14 pm »
It will only serve to make you look like a whining child. And that's exactly what it looks like.

I should be able to +1 your posts in any forum. This is the most concise response in the thread.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:53 pm »
Pretty sure it states in the equipment  screen that this weapon cannot be used on horseback.

It does muki :3 He is just doing what is know as "Nerd Rage". Wait one minute!!..... I thought this was an unban thread?!?!? Not a complain about admin  thread :/ that goes here ------> http://forum.meleegaming.com/game-admin-feedback/

Since this is not him asking to be unbanned, i am locking thread  :mrgreen:  (Don't use a Swiss Halberd on horseback end of story)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:12:15 pm by Shadowren »

Away with you, vile beggar.