Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54512 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal (now crowdfunding!)
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »
+4
they'll be eligible to collect some money when there's a crowdfunding campaign that isn't dumb as shit

Offline Sigibert

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »
+3
I'm also excited for this game if they manage to pull off what they announced.

A M&B style combat system in a large, open world sandbox MMO is what I've been envisioning since the release of Warband actually (possibly before but I wasn't convinced how well it works in MP)

Well, I wish them all the best but I must agree with you guys that the set goal of 200k is very unrealistic for a quite unknown indie game project and the fact that it's "either we meet the goal or we will quit" saddens me a lot.

They really should come up with a plan B, like open donations for alpha access like Gloria Victis currently does and a better crowd funding campaign with one less 0 ^^

Anyway, they caught my interest and I will closely watch it from now on

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 03:56:22 pm »
Why "stir the shit pot"? They don't seem like bad people, just incompetent. Their success would be nothing away from anyone, so it's just sad that they've fucked up so badly in so many different ways. I'm mostly annoyed by the fact that it'd be so goddamn easy to make their Indiegogo page a hundred times better, and it wouldn't even take long or some expensive marketing professional...

I'm not stirring the shit pot.  I posted letting them know I was extremely interested in seeing their game succeed.  But I wasn't donating because the prices were too high to get into beta, and the fact that I will likely (even on finished game) be playing on EU only servers, was another big downside to me just outright donating money. 

Many others were echoing the price concerns on their forums, as well as saying they really were interested in the game and the idea.  It's a way to give the dev's feedback.  They can choose to use it constructively, or they can bitch and moan people are giving them feedback they don't like.

Also Vibe your signature is a little disturbing.  Is he going to save the world if he cums?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:22 am »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2013, 09:10:34 am »
+1
A M&B style combat system in a large, open world sandbox MMO is what I've been envisioning since the release of Warband actually (possibly before but I wasn't convinced how well it works in MP)
The combat is not M&B  style. For one, there's no directional blocking. And when they've shown the combat, it has looked absolutely horrible.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:04 am »
Well its still in very early alphastage, too early to judge the combat as I dont think they have really gotten around to work on that.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:12 am »
+2
Combat is never going to be as good as M&B but considering everything else (if it ever lives up to all the promised features) - it's pretty damn good.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:06 am »
Well its still in very early alphastage, too early to judge the combat as I dont think they have really gotten around to work on that.
Whether they have or not, the fact still stands: no directional blocking. Which means it won't be like M&B. Directional blocking is what makes M&B's combat, even Skyrim has directional attacks.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:48 pm »
I think its incredibly retarded how people here and in other threads such as taleworlds are like "omg looks worse than wotr". I mean its an mmo by a small team with limited funding, that has loads more goals than only combat, it has terraforming tunnels for fuck sake compare it to the combat/graphics of minecraft. wotr was paradoxs biggest budget game ever, and warband is great but it took them along long long time to get there, the original mount&blade is quite terrible.

I REALLY want an real mmo with combat up to standard of warband but the truth is that might NEVER EVER happen. I will seriously settle for something close.

@xant I kind of agree directional blocking is what truly sets warband apart. however you do realise you can play warband with autoblock (shield) right? I mean warband with shield will be no different than in LiF. it still takes some skill and is more fun combat than other mmos.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »
You have any reason whatsoever aside from your own hopes for saying that LiF's combat will be like playing Warband with a shield? The combat clips we've seen so far look nothing like it. And I'm pretty sure Warband wouldn't be popular if it only had autoblock combat, I know I wouldn't play it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »
isnt it obsolete to talk about its combat system at this point?  itll either be intriguing or not,  no matter what you guys blab on about now
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:39 pm »
Combat or no combat it appears already that the game tried too much and is most certainly going to crash and burn. 2,5k only got sofar. I dont think its gonna increase anytime soon. Pretty sure the acctual packers with cash already gave what they could. It is not going to be what devs were promising, if its going to be at all. My faith for this project is completely gone.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »
Life is Fullofshit

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 05:09:41 pm »
+1
You have any reason whatsoever aside from your own hopes for saying that LiF's combat will be like playing Warband with a shield? The combat clips we've seen so far look nothing like it. And I'm pretty sure Warband wouldn't be popular if it only had autoblock combat, I know I wouldn't play it.

I haven't played enough to talk about feel/balance and such but in terms of basic input its exactly the same. drag mouse up/left/right/down and left click to attack in 4 directions, right click to block.

if anything it should end up better than warband w/ shield since it will have stamina bars, and I asked bobik if shields would have "force fields" like in warband and he said no. so if thats true blocking with shield would be a bit more manual, but I didn't test that.

in what way do you think it looks nothing like it? are you talking about animations wise or something because I don't understand why you would say that.

I agree if warband was autoblock only it would suck, its one of the main reasons I lost interesting in crpg is because shields are the most overpowered item in the game. but crpg is not a real mmo.

PS: i forgot to say there is actually already a shield bash animation in the alpha too
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:27:41 pm by Banok »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »
I'll believe the combat is anything like M&B when I see it with my own eyes. I very much doubt this team is capable of putting together anything as smooth and dynamic as Warband's combat, especially this early in the alpha.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.