Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54358 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »
Having drawbacks to carrying heavy armor (heavy attack/move speed loss) would make sense. Repair is not gonna cut it since the nerds are gonna grind enough gold anyway.

Or maybe a combination of both, but as its open loot I do think that itll be risky wearing full plate - but if you are travelling in a group it could be well worth it armoring up.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2014, 01:46:51 pm »
Hmm, I wonder how they will prevent every single player from wearing heavy plate armor. As it isnt round based there wont be upkeep.. Some sort of detoriation and repair system i guess?

As all other 100% loot MMO, biggest drawback from wearing epic stuff is losing it.

Basically you will not go out in the woods alone to chop wood at night wearing your best.
If the dying can be swift and brutal, everybody will grow eyes behind their back and be very cautious when using shiny stuff.

In Mortal Online and The 4th Coming, to name them, some pvp was done wearing nothing else than a rusty blade and other shit. Using good stuff was done when you really felt secure (mostly going in groups) or audacious (betting it will net you a bigger profit).

Overall it would create a spectrum of danger where you will see from naked people to lightly equiped, to heavily armed... going in 1 or 2 or big groups, each being potentially robbable as long as you yourself are confident you can kill them. Like real life highway robbery.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:06 pm »
Evertime I see this game it just looks like Wurm Online but with better gfx.

Stop speaking about it or  ill have to see wurm myself - its a hilarious name and i checked the webiste, not much online and hard as a new beginner i guess. Not sure :/
(click to show/hide)

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »
Did someone of you already bought it? I am asking if it worked, cuz it seems to be not that serious and save to me.
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:10 am »
+1
yes, i and about 30 other clanmates have already donated money towards it, and have been playing alpha stuff whenever the developers bring the servers up.  Id say its probably going to be the next big thing my clan jumps to and plays endlessly for a long while. 

If its any mention, the last thing they added to the servers was slings, fucking slings.  Poor warband cant do any sort of weapons that move like that, but these guys are all over it, unfortunately i was too busy digging holes and shaping rocks for a house.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2014, 10:11:05 am »
yes, i and about 30 other clanmates have already donated money towards it, and have been playing alpha stuff whenever the developers bring the servers up.  Id say its probably going to be the next big thing my clan jumps to and plays endlessly for a long while. 

If its any mention, the last thing they added to the servers was slings, fucking slings.  Poor warband cant do any sort of weapons that move like that, but these guys are all over it, unfortunately i was too busy digging holes and shaping rocks for a house.

30? Really, isnt that tooo much?
Well, when the game is coming out it will cost about 20-30€ as said in the forum FAQ, we could make a whole cRPG Kingdom, or atleast do it that way;

We are all with ourself and our mates - but all in the west/east or wheerever, build up our own stuff but built up a city together :-)
Not good idea ^^?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:46 am »
I really hope they won't stop to Lif:yo, but keep on developing the mmo version; i have that bad felling right now, but i want to belive :D

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:13 pm »
+3
30? Really, isnt that tooo much?
Well, when the game is coming out it will cost about 20-30€ as said in the forum FAQ, we could make a whole cRPG Kingdom, or atleast do it that way;

We are all with ourself and our mates - but all in the west/east or wheerever, build up our own stuff but built up a city together :-)
Not good idea ^^?

Omg yes, then have a "grey districvt" and a "antiblitz clan" distrrict etc. Fuck yeah. And have dipplomacy and become the oprressor over the rtest of the world then decvlarre chadz a deity and pras the donkey god. Then burn all the herreticvs  :twisted: :twisted:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »
Well you could just make a kingdom with the leaders of each clan and the clans are vassals of this kingdom  :D

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2014, 03:22:54 pm »
+2
Pretty sure there'll be different main servers depending on location - so an NA one, an EU server and possibly a China one?

I'd chuckle if Russia got put on the Chinese server but Poland stayed EU. No Poland/Russia bffs here! xD

as of now, there will only be a eu server, this server isnt one large server, but a cluster server, with hundreds of servers running the entire map area, so apparently, so there must be some sort of substantial cost for them to ponder whether they would want to have several other servers. 

Knowing that, i saw somewhere on the forums they said that if they did add a NA server, which is the most likely option, they will fuse the servers together so that someone could cross from NA to EU.  Pretty neat id say!

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »
as of now, there will only be a eu server, this server isnt one large server, but a cluster server, with hundreds of servers running the entire map area, so apparently, so there must be some sort of substantial cost for them to ponder whether they would want to have several other servers. 

Knowing that, i saw somewhere on the forums they said that if they did add a NA server, which is the most likely option, they will fuse the servers together so that someone could cross from NA to EU.  Pretty neat id say!

INVASION TIME!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2014, 11:11:36 am »
+1

New video, sorry for doublepost - go to second 1.26 thats interesting map :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2014, 02:08:49 pm »
That map is randomly generated by server or its the same for everyone forever?

Others had discussed that we would share the same server cluster, so I guess its the latter, except if one can have private servers.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2014, 02:42:01 pm »
+1
That map is randomly generated by server or its the same for everyone forever?

Others had discussed that we would share the same server cluster, so I guess its the latter, except if one can have private servers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thats the map as far as i know, i already made up a place with my german friends, maybe some crpg guys wanna join and make the United Calradia or Empire of Calraide or something :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:59 pm »
+1
Very interesting map.
All kind of biotopes and lots of land/naval choke points.

There is even a mont doom in the bottom-left  :P
If it is a continent-map size, it will be fun to host every players on it.