Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54385 times)

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2014, 12:27:28 pm »
I also watched the videos and tutorials - still im afraid of the early access curse
(click to show/hide)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
On the private server, 64 players, 3km/3km autogenerated map

Main MMO servers, 10,000+ players, 21km/21km map.

That's what they're saying so far.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

Hmm, that does sound nice.

But still, they'd have to come up witha shitload of content to do and not make it piss easy to level up. Otherwise I can see players playing it for two weeks and then quitting. In the end this game will be more for the RP-ers I think, unless the fuckwits want to implement a persistent leveling system.. Idk, only an extrme steep leveling curve like c-rpg would work, because if not large level differences could cause grand inbalance in a game like this.

Can you imagine a single level 60 running around vs level 31's on EU1 - he'd be near godlike.

Also anything about archers so far?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2014, 12:55:57 pm »
+1
Hmm, that does sound nice.

But still, they'd have to come up witha shitload of content to do and not make it piss easy to level up. Otherwise I can see players playing it for two weeks and then quitting. In the end this game will be more for the RP-ers I think, unless the fuckwits want to implement a persistent leveling system.. Idk, only an extrme steep leveling curve like c-rpg would work, because if not large level differences could cause grand inbalance in a game like this.

Can you imagine a single level 60 running around vs level 31's on EU1 - he'd be near godlike.

Also anything about archers so far?

Check out the Wiki, its more informative.
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Life_is_Feudal_Wiki
See weapons, quite some ranged - slings - throwing spears / axes - bow - xbow and so on.

Well, its russian armor but i hope they implement some arabian and european stuff cause the world has some ice in the north and sand in the south.
I also hope trolls dont mess up the world and make it ugly, but if some ppl get together and do a nice duchy far far away from the spawn its quite isolated, but should be fine.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2014, 01:00:04 pm »
Check out the Wiki, its more informative.
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Life_is_Feudal_Wiki
See weapons, quite some ranged - slings - throwing spears / axes - bow - xbow and so on.

Well, its russian armor but i hope they implement some arabian and european stuff cause the world has some ice in the north and sand in the south.
I also hope trolls dont mess up the world and make it ugly, but if some ppl get together and do a nice duchy far far away from the spawn its quite isolated, but should be fine.

Nice, i'll check it out! Thanks bro :)
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2014, 02:05:08 pm »
I also watched the videos and tutorials - still im afraid of the early access curse

Without early access this project couldnt be... too ambitious for a new studio.
Still agree on the curse... so many things can go wrong, but then its up to the customers to pledge or not.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »
+1
Also btw, if you checked steam out, there are enough supporters on greenlight that it will be in the steam shop ~ it should come in about Q4 2014 (September , October , December) And will cost about 35€ as far as its true what they said in the video 2weeks ago ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »
And if u die, u lose all items, but your skill keeps remain .... but you will lose some of them aswell - randomly picked ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2014, 03:04:12 pm »
Haha, way to show off your retardation. Of course there's fucking blocking, EVERY MELEE GAME HAS BLOCKING you dumb fuck, it doesn't make a game special, anyone with IQ above the room temperature would realize I was talking about manual blocking. But that obviously excludes you.

nope piss off Xant, you wanted to attack someone over "reading comprehension" because someone made assumptions on your statement, now you are assuming i and everyone in the thread must do the same  with yours because now you look like a fucking cunt, pretty hypocritical, per the norm of every thread you come to youre an asshole. 

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »
nope piss off Xant, you wanted to attack someone over "reading comprehension" because someone made assumptions on your statement, now you are assuming i and everyone in the thread must do the same  with yours because now you look like a fucking cunt, pretty hypocritical, per the norm of every thread you come to youre an asshole.
Yawn, childish ad hominem. To be expected from you, of course, since you're not capable of rational argumentation. Hard with a room temperature IQ, though, so that's understandable.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2014, 03:19:36 pm »
There are no levels, just 'skills' that you gain ranks in, and you gain stats relevant to those skills. You can also further tweak your stats by selecting those you want to decrease to allow others to increase, and those you want to lock in place - same as with the skills.

I think tbh unless you have MUCH better gear, it seems like the battles will be solely group orientated - if you rambo you die and lose EVERYTHING xDDD To me that sounds perfect. Ofc i'm sure not all combat will be medium-large battles.

If it's sandbox, and the important characters are all players with land claims etc, i can see this sustaining itself even better than if they'd spent months making AI 'story' or 'content' tbh. If players make the history, and you must adapt to survive in that world, sounds epic.

Nomnom, sounds cool.

I hope there are important players (ie. Land owners, castle heirs etc.) on which "clans" depend as they "own" the land and that an incentive could be to protect their lord, otherwise theyll lose their holdings if he gets killed. Something like that would be pretty sweet.

Also a certain supply/money requirement would be cool - so not some random pug warband can randomly claim a held land by conquest. Shit like this is awesome.

There are no levels, just 'skills' that you gain ranks in, and you gain stats relevant to those skills. You can also further tweak your stats by selecting those you want to decrease to allow others to increase, and those you want to lock in place - same as with the skills.

I like this, very cool.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »
+2
Nomnom, sounds cool.

I hope there are important players (ie. Land owners, castle heirs etc.) on which "clans" depend as they "own" the land and that an incentive could be to protect their lord, otherwise theyll lose their holdings if he gets killed. Something like that would be pretty sweet.

Also a certain supply/money requirement would be cool - so not some random pug warband can randomly claim a held land by conquest. Shit like this is awesome.

There will be, but its guilds ;) You can claim stuff ~ also a nice feature; When noone of your guild is online ppl cant harm your territory.
I either like the idea to build up a village with some friends or build my own little house somewhere next to a kingdom and then get hired by it D:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »
+1
Phi, once the greys get into it 90% of the map will be theirs, no doubt.  :mrgreen:

Still, I am kind of excited for this game, but I shouldnt get too excited untill I have experienced it first hand.

Roads etc are mentioned as improving the economy of your land, so i presume that's a factor. I'd love to see how this all works on the ground. Hopefully the wait will end soon.

Yes, indeed.. I think i will have to start upgrading my rig..

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2014, 03:26:17 pm »
+2
Phi, once the greys get into it 90% of the map will be theirs, no doubt.  :mrgreen:

Still, I am kind of excited for this game, but I shouldnt get too excited untill I have experienced it first hand.

Yes, indeed.. I think i will have to start upgrading my rig..

I wont join the greys on that, rather play with mah german friends and make a greater german empire D:
The map is large enough, you just have to run long enough to get away from vile baggers D:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »
You'll find me Yoda-style camping out in a little hut in a swamp somewhere

(then murder me and take my hut, then burn it down cos it sucks)

You wont be alone bro <3 aamof I was planning the exact same thing :D  Porta roaming the lands.

I do hope that there is a chance to escape persuiers. Not that when you run into a war band on your own you are practicly doomed. Some sort of group effect that when you are in a group you move a little slower. Otherwise itll be a pure gank fest.

Inb4: but everyone will run from your group!

Naturally you dont want to face those extreme uneven odds, but I do hope there will be lush forests/bushes, for ambushes, or that outside a claim you can dig like 3 "blocks" every hour to quickly make a small trnch from which you can hide and ambush your enemys.

So much potential..

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2014, 03:57:36 pm »
+1
Imagine to build a tunnel beneath the walls - miner style.
(click to show/hide)