Author Topic: Archery nowdays  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Archery nowdays
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
+2
After last patch archery changed a lot - archers can't kite anymore. And that's good.
Archers are easy to catch nowdays, but thy cant have a serious weapon (taking one or two slots) without getting only one stact of arrows.
Archers can't kite? Funny how when i go near one he just turns around and keeps running just like before, as for being easy to catch, unless you are 15/21 or something I doub't you are going to catch them.

How to give archers possibility to figth in melee? Answer is simple - make all bows one slot.
Archers will still be slow as hell (even slower because of heavier melee weapon), but some of them will figth more instead of running away.
I think it could make game better for all.
Making all bows one slot will do nothing but allow archers to take a third stack of arrows NOT a melee weapon, they know they have the advantage of speed so making bows one slot will just increase their ammo count allowing them to run away more. Only real way to slow them down is increase the weight of arrows or their bows.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:50 am »
+2
People whine about kitting archers. I don't know why devs decided to increase arrow weight that was IMHO a stupid idea. Just give archer melee capabilities and they won't run.
Devs didn't take away archers ability to melee. Archers did, when they refuse to take PS.

They don't run because they don't know how to duel&melee. They run because with a fucking pickaxe you can't do shit.
They run because they don't WANT to duel&melee. They run because they decided themsevles to take an extra quiver and a pickaxe instead of a 1slot weapon. Nobody forced them to take 2 quivers. I always take some PS when I'm an archer. I'm not the only one.

Just increase nÂș of arrows of each quiver and allow archer to have at least, 1slot decent weapon, like mace or langes messer. I play an arbalest build and, if I can equip a mace and enough bolts to shoot entire rounds, why archers can't?
15 arrows (17 when +3) isn't enough? Don't spam arrows. Still think you need 30 (34) arrows? Take a 1 slot bow. As you said, xbowmen are capable to take a 1 slot weapon with them, why doesn't archers do it? Because it's just easier for them to run instead. Why bother fighting when you can just run and shoot?

Also, ranged are in the game to kill you, like other classes, and other players should assume that they will die to ranged as they die in hand-to-hand combat.
Ofc ranged is there to kill you. But why should ranged be able to kill people at range when they can deny people killing them in melee by simply running? An archer (not gonna name him) once said to me "I don't like to melee, that's why I run." I replied "well, I don't like getting shot. Why should you be able to ignore me, but not the other way around?". If you want to shoot, you can't run. If you don't want to melee, don't whine when people won't let you shoot.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2013, 01:49:27 am »
I disagree. In the old crpg times, where every archer had melee weapons I don't remember too much kite like nowadays. And 15 arrows is not enough for an archer. Accuracy is far from being accurate, and to be a decent archer you have to spend a lot of skill points in WM and PD, thing that an arbalester don't need.

I encourage archers to have melee skills, but give them decent weapons to fight with.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 06:29:04 am »
+1
I use a longbow and melee with a 1h. Works fine imo. Hey its totally the archers own choice if they want more wpf in archery or not. Lets just say I get to eat shit in dedicated 100% archer vs my hybrid archer fights, but mainly im not doing to badly.  Got loomed bow and arrows.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:04 am »
They don't run because they don't know how to duel&melee
Wrong.
They run because they are archers, they are archers because they want to be.
They do not want to be a melee class so why would you give them melee capabilities?
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 03:44:38 pm »
I dont think this is a problem with archers this is an issue with crossbows and the crappy wpf curve. easiest fix is to add the same wpf nerf that archers get over a certain weight to crossbows

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »
Wrong.
They run because they are archers, they are archers because they want to be.
They do not want to be a melee class so why would you give them melee capabilities?

Agrees ^

Most archers will only melee because they are trapped. It has little to do with their inability to melee, they could easily generate a hybrid char and choose not too.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:48 pm »
+1
Archers are fine right now.  There's plenty if choice and diversity to make different archer builds/equipment load outs and they are all fairly balanced.

I play an 18/18 (18/21 at lv 31) with 6 PS, a rus bow, and 1 stack of arrows.  I am too heavy to really kite effectively due to quiver weight.  I have no problem getting into a melee fight if I have to.  Still, if I have the chance to take a few steps back and pull out my bow again because the enemy is distracted, I prefer that.

I have only 17 arrows, but I'm good at scavenging them.  If I run out, guess what?  I drop my bow and wade into melee!  :). Even if I have less wpf and armor than the other brawlers, I hold my own.

Everything seems to be I order here.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:35 am »
Force players to carry melee weapon, too many 2xbow 2 bolts HX bitches who when their horse is crippled start running around and being a douche. Same goes for throwers and HA and kiting full agi my old friendchers...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2013, 08:27:38 pm »
and btw a stack of bodkins weighs about the same as a great maul, so i think added dmg or knock down should substitute that weight gain just fine.

So what you mean to say is that archers should be able to slap people with their incredibly dense quivers? Or that arrows should have knockdown?

It would be interesting to see knockdown added for throwing, at least. Getting hit with a hefty axe or a 6 foot long spear would probably throw you off balance.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »
So what you mean to say is that archers should be able to slap people with their incredibly dense quivers? Or that arrows should have knockdown?

It would be interesting to see knockdown added for throwing, at least. Getting hit with a hefty axe or a 6 foot long spear would probably throw you off balance.

It already does, you do the ranged hit dance.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »
Just imagine clonking someone on the shoulder with a thrown hammer and they fall flat on their feet... ass...

why did i say feet. that would mean they are standing.  lol
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:50:16 pm by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 1785
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »
+2
Archery nowadays is the same as always, too damn many of them.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 11:16:25 am »
i stop dodging arrows because  they cant miss me..

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:04 pm »
i stop dodging arrows because  they cant miss me..

archers are just more skilled than about 1 year ago, and you forced archers to increase their skill during constantly nerfing

With dodging arrows is almost like with manual blocking 1 enemy is easy to block, 2 and more is harder

Making all bows one slot will do nothing but allow archers to take a third stack of arrows NOT a melee weapon, they know they have the advantage of speed so making bows one slot will just increase their ammo count allowing them to run away more.

hmmm... advantage of speed... with 3 quivers... just think a bit before you will write something 3 quivers for ex tatar arrows is 24 weigth+ bow weigth...
ow, one more thing 3quivers+1bow are 4 slots in total, so theres no place to take a melee weapon.

Archers can't kite? Funny how when i go near one he just turns around and keeps running just like before, as for being easy to catch, unless you are 15/21

only hi lvl archers are able to run. Guys with 6 ath are  able to catch an archer, but think a bit, not just wildly charge a group of archers...

Archery nowadays is the same as always, too damn many of them.

I can't agree. Archery changed a lot since i started to play this game. Devs make few nice changes like for eg. different dmg on different body parts or making archer slower when bow is drawn. Kind of dmg depends on arrow type, not bow.
Bows are slower and missle speed is lower.
But also some chenges pissed me off a bit like it's almost impossible to headshot shielder hiding behind a shield even if he is using shitty small shields like buckler... Force fields on shields on horseback...

In total archery is a bit harder than in times i started to play, it needs more skill from an archer and learn him to choose good positions on battlefield because nowdays everyone want to kill an archer...
Archer forever :D