Author Topic: Unban Request - Ichigo_Kurasaki (aka. Ryden)  (Read 2292 times)

Offline AshTre

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: m8
  • Game nicks: AshTre
Unban Request - Ichigo_Kurasaki (aka. Ryden)
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:29 am »
Clearly, Ryden is refereing to Kimbo's SHITTY MMA record in this context.

Ryden is a well known MMA fan and was comparing to how shitty KIMBO__SLICE is in game to how shitty he is in RL. I don't know how you can't understand this context. Maybe because I don't see you too often in Game. This was not a Racist comment. This is a comment referring to how bad he is at life and in game. Get your context right please. Unban Ryden because of biased decision... or something.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:18:19 pm by AshTre »

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request - Ichigo_Kurasaki (aka. Ryden)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »
>He wasn't being racist

Are you sure about that? I have seen him making obnoxious comments that are unambiguously racist and then trying to head off any punishment by claiming that he has "nothing personal" against the groups he just insulted. Am I especially offended by it? Not really, but the fact that the people who are just doing it to be edgy and "hilarious" usually cause at least one or two actual bigots to rear their heads and start filling chat with rule-breaking remarks and Stormfront.org talking points is pretty annoying and should not be encouraged.

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:15:12 pm »
   My name is Ryden and I approve this message. Also unless you're black you shouldn't get offended by it, even if you are you shouldn't get offended by it either. Pretty funny how much white guilt some people have though, said that one thing and murderboat sperged out and posted on the forums like a little crpg officer. Grats m8, you are Anders' second coming.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »
I was in game while this was going on, and honestly thought the vitriol Kimbo was spitting was much more offensive (though still not bannable by my estimation). Ryden referred to the avatar (and the fighter) as an inferior black being. There are a few ways of looking at this, I guess. The being is inferior, and is black as a descriptor; or, the being is inferior, with black being inferred as the reason for his inferiority. Why would someone assume the latter unless it was what they believed?

I can't in good conscience say what was intended by the statement, but feel that if someone were described as an "inferior white being" in game it would be taken as the former/not offensive.

I mean are we as a community so messed up that even mentioning race in any negative context- even if the negative aspect has nothing to do with the race but the person- is worthy of a ban? What if it's a positive context? What about a superior black being? A superior white being? Are people going to start being banned for those things as well? If they can be banned for one then why not the other? Is any of this making any sense?

Don't get me wrong, Ryden is annoying and it's pretty rad that he's banned; it just seems the borders for what's acceptable and what's not are ill-defined, sloppily drawn and enforced.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:44:11 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »
lol

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »
I was in game while this was going on, and honestly thought the vitriol Kimbo was spitting was much more offensive (though still not bannable by my estimation). Ryden referred to the avatar (and the fighter) as an inferior black being. There are a few ways of looking at this, I guess. The being is inferior, and is black as a descriptor; or, the being is inferior, with black being inferred as the reason for his inferiority. Why would someone assume the latter unless it was what they believed?

I can't in good conscience say what was intended by the statement, but feel that if someone were described as an "inferior white being" in game it would be taken as the former/not offensive.

I mean are we as a community so messed up that even mentioning race in any negative context- even if the negative aspect has nothing to do with the race but the person- is worthy of a ban? What if it's a positive context? What about a superior black being? A superior white being? Are people going to start being banned for those things as well? If they can be banned for one then why not the other? Is any of this making any sense?

Don't get me wrong, Ryden is annoying and it's pretty rad that he's banned; it just seems the borders for what's acceptable and what's not are ill-defined, sloppily drawn and enforced.

This isn't the place or time to be making a good point Malaclypse
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »
Since this is Muki's ban I'll defer to his sound judgment as to whether this warrants an unban or not, but I wanted to make a few comments.

In the future it would be better to report this in 'i' chat to have active admins weigh in.  According to the screen shot I was too busy killing Huseby to notice at the time, but I do not recall any requests for admin intervention.  Going to the boards should be reserved for when no other recourse is available.

I agree the borders for acceptable chat seem to be poorly defined.  However I don't see any way they could ever be defined in an acceptable way that wouldn't always still require context & judgment calls to be taken.  If this was a single instance separate from other context I think at most (if at all) a warning would suffice, however as Muki pointed out Ryden has a ban history, and that history involves chat abuse and racism so I could see it going either way.

E: And dammit Ryden you still owe me 150k! Deli cap up in market :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:55:18 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 07:12:22 pm »
Also Muki I have to correct you for your atrocious grammar; it's 'an essay' not 'a essay' get it right idiot fat nerd of idioticness. gottem, also Kimbo slice was being a nerd. and racism is a stupid rule anyways; not like anyone ever gets offended by it, and people that do are white guilt crackers. Funny thing is no one ever gets banned for saying racist white things.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:18:16 pm by Sir Ryden »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:19 pm »
Funny thing is no one ever gets banned for saying racist white things.

^^ Truth

Peoples are racist all the time towards french in the game and we dont give a fuck nobody get ever banned.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »
Just avoid using "black" and "inferior" to describe someone.

The screenshot in the ban thread shows "how does it feel to be an inferior black being"
I see nothing about MMA skills anywhere.

BTW French isn't a race.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Kimbo__Slice

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:32 pm »
Looks like my trolling was a success.  :lol:

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:46 pm »
Also Muki I have to correct you for your atrocious grammar; it's 'an essay' not 'a essay' get it right idiot fat nerd of idioticness. gottem, also Kimbo slice was being a nerd. and racism is a stupid rule anyways; not like anyone ever gets offended by it, and people that do are white guilt crackers. Funny thing is no one ever gets banned for saying racist white things.

(click to show/hide)

I was not there to witness this, but I know Ryden and that he will eventually feel sorry for what he just said. The guy is constantly going through an emotional roller coaster between not giving two shits about crpg and his looms/gens etc. and playing the game with a passion. In the end he can't get away from it and is - besides being annoying at times - a decent kid.

What he said in game is offensive and can be punished, but he does not have the intention of hurting anyone by it. Take it or leave it in your considerations.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:53:52 am »
Right Ill take dynamike word that you're currently going on this coaster.

Ill unban you around 22:00 EST

The Ban Essay warning is still there please be careful in the future

(click to show/hide)

Looks like my trolling was a success.  :lol:

Ill take note of that next time a request comes up
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 05:35:02 pm »
Right Ill take dynamike word that you're currently going on this coaster.

Ill unban you around 22:00 EST

The Ban Essay warning is still there please be careful in the future

(click to show/hide)

Ill take note of that next time a request comes up

All Hail Muki the merciful whos second language is English!
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »
Ban Ryden for consistently being a fat n3rd. He constantly breaks all the rules and he hurts my feeling cuz I come to play this game to relax and play super serious cuz I'm a MLG Gamer try-hard and he ruins my fun. I wish for him to be perma-ban so I can haz fun. He called me a friend once like a year ago and I want him banned permanently cuz it hurts my feelings now that I work with one black guy. This black guy is a kewl one and I think he doesn't deserve to be called a friend... and Ryden does it cuz he shaves his head and has a cute puppy on his wrist and he yells white power in school. Therefore he is a skin head and hates black people and I think he should be permabanned cuz saying friend is racist.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.