Author Topic: Hybrid killing patch  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
Re: Hybrid killing patch
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 01:51:23 am »
I think everyone agrees throwers and throwing lances are pretty broken.  Playing a 30/6 build with 10 ps and 10 pt is kinda easy mode.  If anyone tries to range you pull out axes or a lance and 1-2 shot them.  If they get in melee range just 1-2 shot them again.

They really need to tone down the damage on alot of throwing weapons or base damage more on a combo of WFP and Powerstike/throw/draw skills.  For example change the bonus damage curve from linear to maybe a x^2 curve on weapons so you need a min of around 100 wfp to get the base damage out of a weapon and 50 gives you about 1/4 of the base damage.  Maybe 150 wfp gives you 125% of base damage and pt/ps/pd are used for weapon req and bonus damage.

Limiting ammo will help a little but being able to carry a big 2 hander and 2 lances or 8 axes isn't going to change the game that much.  It seems like it will hurt pure throwers/archers/xbows most and less huskerls/2h throwers.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:59 pm »
I think everyone agrees throwers and throwing lances are pretty broken.  Playing a 30/6 build with 10 ps and 10 pt is kinda easy mode.  If anyone tries to range you pull out axes or a lance and 1-2 shot them.  If they get in melee range just 1-2 shot them again.

They really need to tone down the damage on alot of throwing weapons or base damage more on a combo of WFP and Powerstike/throw/draw skills.  For example change the bonus damage curve from linear to maybe a x^2 curve on weapons so you need a min of around 100 wfp to get the base damage out of a weapon and 50 gives you about 1/4 of the base damage.  Maybe 150 wfp gives you 125% of base damage and pt/ps/pd are used for weapon req and bonus damage.

Limiting ammo will help a little but being able to carry a big 2 hander and 2 lances or 8 axes isn't going to change the game that much.  It seems like it will hurt pure throwers/archers/xbows most and less huskerls/2h throwers.
The thing is, since their is so many throwers on they simply never seem to run out of ammo. All they have to do is pick up the throw weapons from the ground. All I can say is that it will definatly be difficult to find a good way to nerf throwing without killing the game mechanics and fun. Thing is that everyone as I said before shall always piss and moan about ranged in general all because they lost without a chance to fight back. But, this is the point, all everyone has to do is learn to adapt and work as a team and you will start seeing a better K/D ratio.

And you'll start seeing alot more wins.
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 11:17:33 pm »
I like hybrids because I cannot be bothered to level several alts, so I make one versatile toon. This means that my hybrids are either/or: I play this style OR the other in any round and carry only the relevant equipment. Also, my hybrids are melee hybrids so: 1H/2H or 2H/pole. The patch will not damage this kind of hybridization, so you can still make a xbow/2H character, but choose what hat he wears for each frame.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:04 pm »
To be honest I think "hybrid characters" are great. However, I dont like how everyone bring so many weapons onto the battlefield at once. I think the best solution to all of this is not allowing as many as 4 weapon slots in game. I think 3 should be enugh. That way archers and xbowers wont be able to bring a shield (unless they ditch the melee weapon) which will make characters more specialized on the battlefield at the same time as still allowing people to have skills in several weapon types. They can change the weapons they choose to bring according to the different maps and situations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login