Author Topic: The Last Stand of the Tundra Knights  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
Re: The Last Stand of the Tundra Knights
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
+3
No, it was the YOLO Tower. Honor him and his ladder bridge.
YOLO-Tower taught me something I will never forget.
As well as the christening YOLO-Ponies who valiantly plummeted there lives to inspire our last push into the breech.

Farewell KUTT, was a fun last stand. I actually hope we can coax a few of you to stand with us again like the end of strat 3; but for a glorious new day!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 11:36:15 am »
+2
Speaking of, I am still waiting for Robert's recording to be uploaded  :twisted:

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 11:48:53 am »
+1
Use the 150-200K from the caravan goods and start fresh in EU with occitan or with hospitaller (though they didnt do a single thing to help you as a supposed ally excpet posting about what great allies they are on the forums) or with Astralis down in the desert.
Yes, EU is like El Dorado for NA clans. Look at Occitan, they have 14 fiefs right now :)

Speaking of, I am still waiting for Robert's recording to be uploaded  :twisted:
"I remember my first beer" (c) somebody from TS  :lol:

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »
+1

Fucking robert.....never gonna let him live this down  :twisted: Gotta love our majestic king!
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:04 pm »
+7
I thought you guys were saying "Yellow" tower.  FFS I'm as clueless as I am gay, and believe you me, I'm pretty god damn gay.

Also: Incredible fight, kinda wish I signed defense.  Take it from Karma, you guys deserve props.  Strat's a shitfest sometimes, but you guys are a great portion of the community that I admire.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:41 pm »
+10
I haven't been in Strat 4 at all, except this last battle. I have no idea how it went, what the diplomacy is like, or how we conducted ourselves.

I do know, though, that it didn't sound as vicious as any of our other Strat iterations. So live on. Strat is a round-based game, there's always next time. Old friends and allies become enemies, & vice versa. It's just like RISK, you have to fight, or there is no game. Anyway, if this was Strat 2, it would be around now that Matey or I would ask you to join us in order to fight the UIF.

Which got me thinking...are we the UIF?

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »
+2
Some rules to Rule by:

11. Make sure your clan has archers.

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 02:44:07 pm »
+3
I haven't been in Strat 4 at all, except this last battle. I have no idea how it went, what the diplomacy is like, or how we conducted ourselves.

I do know, though, that it didn't sound as vicious as any of our other Strat iterations. So live on. Strat is a round-based game, there's always next time. Old friends and allies become enemies, & vice versa. It's just like RISK, you have to fight, or there is no game. Anyway, if this was Strat 2, it would be around now that Matey or I would ask you to join us in order to fight the UIF.

Which got me thinking...are we the UIF?

Yes you're the NA version of UIF. So..yes.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 03:52:14 pm »
+2
Yay gf.

And KUTT, don't be liek so dramatic ermagosh. Stay in strat, somehow. IDK how, since I barely play fucking strat myself. Just do it.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 04:31:53 pm »
+3
I would not say we are the UIF of NA. I would say we did an amazing job of organizing and coordinating this round of strat.. largely due to kesh returning. We had the Kutt war in hand before other clans joined in on the land grab. Diplomatically we have been pretty solid.

I hope with this war we showed a few things.
Strat 3 was a fluke (due mainly to our players all quiting for other games)
That the Fcc is strong once again
and most important
That the raid feature is for Pussies. Man up and attack.
Leader of BS

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »
+1
Use the 150-200K from the caravan goods and start fresh in EU with occitan or with hospitaller (though they didnt do a single thing to help you as a supposed ally excpet posting about what great allies they are on the forums) or with Astralis down in the desert.

I don't remember seeing a post with any Hospitaller claiming that we are a great ally for KUTT, I posted that we would stick by KUTT regardless of the odds, and if we could have afforded to send them any assets we would have in a heart beat. We have had our hands full in the Steppe and were locked down by the numerous clans attacking us. Both clans (KUTT and Hospitaller) were the casualties of being too spread apart with out the resources to hold off such a huge offensive against us. In strat 3.0 with the green machine, we then realised KUTT would stick to their original pacts with the green alliance even though they were about to be wiped, That is the sign of a great faction, one who sticks to there word even in the face of obliteration, and is why we were glad to join them in an alliance. There are not to many clans out their that would hold true, and simply jump ship to follow the masses.

I am truly sorry to see such a great clan go out this way, but am hopeful KUTT will regain its strength and come back 10 fold. As the voice for Hospitaller we are all sorry we could not help more and you will always have refuge in the Steppe as long as we can hold it. Regardless of the Kesh monster words, we do care about all of our allies and we have the most respect for KUTT and it was a privilege to call you allies, our only regret was that we did not have the time and resources to both get a foothold on our lands and could have helped each other out more.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 04:42:02 pm »
+6
His name was diggy. Diggy the tower.

No, it was the YOLO Tower. Honor him and his ladder bridge.

I thought we agreed on SWAG tower?

I thought you guys were saying "Yellow" tower.  FFS I'm as clueless as I am gay, and believe you me, I'm pretty god damn gay.

I'm surprised no one has even mentioned the possibility of the name MURDERTOWER.

Come on, guys, geez.

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »
+10
Hey you guys keep your heads up. As a speaker and former diplomat of a clan that got wiped out TWO TIMES in one iteration of strat, believe me when I say the end of a run in Strategus does not need to be the end of a clan all together. Don't let the shit posters and spergs get you guys down or turn you off from the game all together. I admire your tenacity and willingness to hold on till the very end. The Knights' Union of the Tundra Territories would be doing themselves and this community a disservice if it were to remove itself from the game completely.

Much respect and admiration, guys.

Edit: Will add a role play post shortly!

A lot of us, most importantly the core of real life friends that KUTT is built around, don't really care about or pay attention to strat.  That was part of the problem and part of why I'm sure things have been so frustrating for Tanken.  It doesn't help that our desire to play this game had been increasingly shit upon right before something actually happened in strat.  We pretty much only care that the siege server has 60+ players in it, although with them fucking us yet again after having us thinking that we might actually get new maps has made even that not sound so appealing.  Those of us, myself included, who still enjoy battle really don't want to play without our other friends, who can't stand battle.  I don't actually know how strat works, but I'm going to try to accommodate the KUTT guys that are interested in strat a lot more than I have.  I put a lot of restrictions on Tanken because I didn't want strat-stuff interfering with our actual c-rpg clan.  I feel bad for having made it so difficult for them and hopefully they can keep playing strat without me being a pain in the ass in the future :)

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »
+2
Then you have no reason not to finish our slapfight. I still await your challenge and its date.

(click to show/hide)

Most of my resources will end up going into getting KUTT back into the swing of things. Once we're back on our feet we can arrange for our naked slapfight. 8-)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »
+1
A lot of us, most importantly the core of real life friends that KUTT is built around, don't really care about or pay attention to strat.  That was part of the problem and part of why I'm sure things have been so frustrating for Tanken.  It doesn't help that our desire to play this game had been increasingly shit upon right before something actually happened in strat.  We pretty much only care that the siege server has 60+ players in it, although with them fucking us yet again after having us thinking that we might actually get new maps has made even that not sound so appealing.  Those of us, myself included, who still enjoy battle really don't want to play without our other friends, who can't stand battle.  I don't actually know how strat works, but I'm going to try to accommodate the KUTT guys that are interested in strat a lot more than I have.  I put a lot of restrictions on Tanken because I didn't want strat-stuff interfering with our actual c-rpg clan.  I feel bad for having made it so difficult for them and hopefully they can keep playing strat without me being a pain in the ass in the future :)

Pretty much what Xeen said, and I can't--and haven't ever faulted him for anything in Strategus. It's hard to keep people interested in it when it turns your friends against you. I can tell you this, the KUTTs still interested in Strategus may still rise again. We may just follow in Anders footsteps (scary thought eh?) and hire out Mercenaries to armies that need them, and also show up to fight all those weird fucking times for you.

With this money (thank you Arathian) we will put together an army, whether it will be used to go back and take stuff or just simply to rent out to keep us interested--I'm not sure, but in the coming days I'm sure the KUTT Kouncil will get together and discuss what, if anything, we want to do in Strategus from here forth.

Thanks again to everyone who came, and apologies for Oxrock's deal. He got stuck there, and this is only his 2nd or 3rd strat battle. One thing is for sure, we had no clue his location was preventing that flag cap, thought you guys were just going MURDERTRAIN on us. But, it did, for a brief second give some really fun sudden burst of combat.

#Remember 32:30 2012
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.