Author Topic: 2h swords  (Read 10811 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 2h swords
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »
+2
QQ
good old times
And now newmy old friends cry about OP 2h, while we, old-hats, miss our old Swords of Tears and Cookies :wink: 

(click to show/hide)
You're piker, your argument is invalid  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 12:34:02 pm »
+3
what the fuck is a 2h good for?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
+1
2h generally has and advantage of reach ( if you do not count thrusting polearms, such as spears), speed and damage over polearm. They are however more expensive.
However, polearm also has a harder swing animation, making it harder for the enemy to block.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 12:39:51 pm »
Oh ya this "CRIPPLING" weapon stun is complete bullshit, doesnt do anything to them in normal day to day play.  The short 2h swords can practically spam stabs all day now.
It does happen on a normal day, and it is a pain.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »
Since they changed the stab after the turn rate nerf it has been completely borked and OP.

I was telling cmp about instastab abuse last week and how it basically broke cRPG.  He said he reverted it last month on EU, but couldn't do it on NA yet.  Not sure if that's actually true on EU, I only play strat battles there and am laggy to begin with.  Hell in NA strat battles we still have polestagger for some hilariously awful reason.

I too preferred the old stabs, and the wonkiness of the new thrust is especially noticeable against people of lower ping.  I think polearms and 2handers both got screwed up by it, but there's nothing like dueling a 2hander with 30+ less ping than you and being insta stabbed while their arms are still at their chest.  Made thrust chambering much more unreliable too, something I basically had down perfect before, especially against polearms.  Pikes often seem to to register hits while being tucked into someones chest mid animation just as often, which makes me rage more than 2hands and is much more common on battle/Strat.

I wouldn't care if the thrust animations were actually sped up visually, but now sometimes stabs seem to register with incomplete animations, which is the real annoying thing.

Being griefed by thrust stun in a normal situation usually involves someone blocking you and their polearm buddy stabbing you before you can block.  Its usually fine in 1 vs 1s, but a faster attacker can use thrust stun as a window to get inside your reach and possibly get a hit off, or at least getting a footwork advantage.  Regardless the game isn't balanced for duels, but battle, and any moments of helplessness (old polestagger, arrow stun, horse bump) are unfun mechanics that easily get you killed.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:17 pm »
+1
I was telling cmp about instastab abuse last week and how it basically broke cRPG.  He said he reverted it last month on EU, but couldn't do it on NA yet.  Not sure if that's actually true on EU, I only play strat battles there and am laggy to begin with.  Hell in NA strat battles we still have polestagger for some hilariously awful reason.

I too preferred the old stabs, and the wonkiness of the new thrust is especially noticeable against people of lower ping.  I think polearms and 2handers both got screwed up by it, but there's nothing like dueling a 2hander with 30+ less ping than you and being insta stabbed while their arms are still at their chest.  Made thrust chambering much more unreliable too, something I basically had down perfect before, especially against polearms.  Pikes often seem to to register hits while being tucked into someones chest mid animation just as often, which makes me rage more than 2hands and is much more common on battle/Strat.

I wouldn't care if the thrust animations were actually sped up visually, but now sometimes stabs seem to register with incomplete animations, which is the real annoying thing.

Being griefed by thrust stun in a normal situation usually involves someone blocking you and their polearm buddy stabbing you before you can block.  Its usually fine in 1 vs 1s, but a faster attacker can use thrust stun as a window to get inside your reach and possibly get a hit off, or at least getting a footwork advantage.  Regardless the game isn't balanced for duels, but battle, and any moments of helplessness (old polestagger, arrow stun, horse bump) are unfun mechanics that easily get you killed.
Well, if u do crazy mouse movement, then all stabs will hit. But i did some testing on the 2h, when it stops boucing/glancing if u just stab straight.

I tried it against a 1h, and the distance needed was larger than what the 1h needed, before it stopped glancing/bouncing.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »
+3
Why does it seem like 70% of players use them?
Do YOU use them?
If so, why?

yeah
70% use 2h, then there are threads with 60% cav, another about at least 99,9% archers on the servers...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »
+1
Well, if u do crazy mouse movement, then all stabs will hit. But i did some testing on the 2h, when it stops boucing/glancing if u just stab straight.

I tried it against a 1h, and the distance needed was larger than what the 1h needed, before it stopped glancing/bouncing.
Well, I probably don't have to tell you that up and down movement is not affected by the turnrate nerf and that due to the high position of the 2h stab animation you just move it above and then down into people's faces at any range and you do not glance. Something that is a lot harder to pull of with a 1h.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »
+2
At least at siege 2h is for sure not overpowered. I´d say 1h/2h/poles are on equal level (new scoresystem is great for 1h/poles have ashwood :p/axes). Perhaps its harder for archers on siege but they do hurt me a lot as 2h.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18:25 pm »
Well, I probably don't have to tell you that up and down movement is not affected by the turnrate nerf and that due to the high position of the 2h stab animation you just move it above and then down into people's faces at any range and you do not glance. Something that is a lot harder to pull of with a 1h.

But how can I feint rightswing/thrust attacks while looking at the ground now  :?:( :( :( :( :(

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

I can attest to this happening as well. The most striking instances I've seen of this phenomenon are when a thrust kills someone on the 4th round of a match to end the map and the final moment frozen behind the scoreboard popup shows the weapon being used to deliver the killing blow at the beginning of the thrust animation. It's quite amusing, although I'm not sure if it's actually related to the issue Smoothrich is talking about.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 02:56:44 pm »
2h generally has and advantage of reach ( if you do not count thrusting polearms, such as spears), speed and damage over polearm. They are however more expensive.
However, polearm also has a harder swing animation, making it harder for the enemy to block.

What have you been smoking? Have you even taken a look at polearms? All the high tier polearms do more damage than large majority of 2h and are for the most part superior in range to 2h save for 2h thrust (which I thank the gods for, otherwise polearmers would backpeddle spam even more). Price doesn't matter, upkeep of weapons are negligible anyway.

You also keep convincing me that you have absolutely no idea about how this game works. Polearms have the most obvious animations.

"Polearm has harder swing animation, making it harder for the enemy to block." :lol:

Yeah, golf swings are a knavery to block!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 03:00:02 pm »
What have you been smoking? Have you even taken a look at polearms? All the high tier polearms do more damage than large majority of 2h and are for the most part superior in range to 2h save for 2h thrust (which I thank the gods for, otherwise polearmers would backpeddle spam even more). Price doesn't matter, upkeep of weapons are negligible anyway.

You also keep convincing me that you have absolutely no idea about how this game works. Polearms have the most obvious animations.

"Polearm has harder swing animation, making it harder for the enemy to block." :lol:

Yeah, golf swings are a knavery to block!
True.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »
+11
2h have always been cool. I always want to play as a 2h wielding guy in every game I play.