Author Topic: Change Missile speed back to it's former value  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
Re: Change Missile speed back to it's former value
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »
People hate getting shot, now alot of people hate shooting as well. Win-win situation this.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 01:40:57 pm »
+1
People hate getting shot, now alot of people hate shooting as well. Win-win situation this.

(click to show/hide)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »
Talk to me again about voluntary ignorance.

Watch the post patch archers. Or the good ones, regardless of the patch. Archers do get kills, and all ranged are able to chose their targets much more freely than melee or cav. This enables archers to focus on critical targets, making the average archer kill much more valuable than a melee kill.

Next you'll be saying that bows do the same damage in a battle as swords or lances.

No, in fact they do more, because all archers use armor piercing arrows. Swords maybe seem to do a lot of damage to you, that's because clever inf with cut weapons will attack the light armored enemy. As an archer you can 2 shot the big fat str crutch with his plate armor from range.

The validity of archers in battle rellies a lot on teamplay,

No they don't. They get in trouble, they run away. You don't need anybody when you can just run away from what could kill you. If by teamplay you mean outnumbering then it's more or less true given that a melee team only has chances against a group of archers when they have enough people to sacrifice when trying to reach the running bastards. No melee class can take out archers without this numerical advantage.

which is what actually matters, and you rarely see that.

Actually, "teamplay" as any ranged class is much much easier to do than with inf or cav. Shoot the baddies, if they attack flee in different direction = guaranteed crossfire.

From the moment an archer has to relly on himself against any other class, he's usualy screwed.

If by screwed you mean he has to run to maintain his invulnerability to any class but other archers and xbowmen, then yes.

Slower arrows are unfair, since our short range performance is crap, and getting crappier.

L2FPS. There's no aiming sway in warband. If someone comes close enough to you, the game literally becames a point and click. You can turn at any speed you want. As long as you release your shot when the guy is in front of you, you hit him and probably kill him with the huge damage bows do at close range.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
You're so not aware of what archery is. Dont the damage statistics show you the kind of damage archery does? 2 shooting plate heroes? That doesn't even happen with other archers.
As for teamplay, battle is largely every man for himself. Meleers run off and leave the archers to deal with cav, shielders and ninjas on their own. How are we supposed to deal with such threats, if our shooting hability is retarded? Running doesn't work that well anymore, so we should be able to beat the enemy by our other means.
Even non kiters like myself got nerfed with these latest changes, why is that, if our performance in the battlefield was already inferior?

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 05:56:00 pm »
+4
Nubs crying and lobbying against archery is nothing new. The thing I dont understand though is:

chadz once said

I have thought a long time about what caused this amount of whine. The answer is actually quite easy:

People are not looking for balance, they are looking for advantage.

If you devs know that people whine to get an advantage ... why do you fall for it every time lol ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 06:25:10 pm »
If you devs know that people whine to get an advantage ... why do you fall for it every time lol ?

Even if you categorize all suggestions aiming to change the metagame as whining, it doesn't change the fact that the most vocal part of the playerbase is probably the one that needs to be listened to. When all the archers are nodding "everything is fine" and the whole melee playerbase agrees on changing how archery works, it raises valid interrogations. I don't see people making many suggestion threads about things that are actually fine.

Or maybe you suppose that archers are different and know the game better than almost everybody else, never make whine posts and are not biaised at all ?

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 06:57:41 pm »
I dont mind if archery were remade so that it would still be fun for those who really likes it, and more tolerable for those who really hates it. Figuring out how to do it is a different matter though lol.

But seriously, have this change in missile speed made the game more enjoyable for you? Maybe the change helps to balance out the game somehow, but in my personal opinion I have only experienced it to be make the game more buggy, I'm worrying everytime if the arrow will just go straight through an enemy or hit. And even though it will take time to adjust your aim to the new missile-curve, the missile flights feels much more irrationate after the change.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »
+2
I've been trying every archery build out there on my STF alt. I know people will always be against archery but it's more weak than ever before. Hard to hit anything, even horses. Yet people still cry for nerf. I am 2 handed and archery is my biggest enemy. I don't die by arrows often anymore. I can tell they're at a worse level of power.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:13:39 pm by Strider »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »
Even if you categorize all suggestions aiming to change the metagame as whining, it doesn't change the fact that the most vocal part of the playerbase is probably the one that needs to be listened to.

New people have a tendency to go for melee builds, either for the shield-no directional block crutch, or the beloved 2 handed hero image. This week, one of the in-game whiners said he knew archery was easy because he had played it in native. Said exactly "It's the same damn thing".

Btw, slower arrows are more unpredictable and so more likely to teamhit.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:30:24 pm by Adamar »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »
Btw, slower arrows are more unpredictable and so more likely to teamhit.

If a slight change in arrow speed makes you teamhit, you should have been aiming at people further away from your teammates in the first place.