Author Topic: Map Rotation and Maps in General.  (Read 387 times)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
Map Rotation and Maps in General.
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »
Based off of "NA_Siege Is Dying" thread.

85% of the maps on the official servers are terrible. Shitty village maps and shitty castle maps.
You think with the mod being out this long they would have a standard map rotation that the majority populace agreed upon.

It's like they just don't give a fuck about maps. Not everyone will like every map, but this mod literally has the worst map rotation of any game in history.
It's like they throw in village maps and say fuck it. Which is utterly terrible.

Community_1 literally has better maps that are updated the same as the official server maps. Thing is, Airith, who owns the server; doesn't even play this game, but still pays for it and still updates it when people ask me and I or someone else can get a hold of him, which is relatively frequent.

Now I'm not shitting on the devs or anything. I know they do an awful lot of work, but put someone or a group of people that actually play the game in charge of the map rotation and let them handle it. These. Maps. Suck.

We have enough people in this mod to make really awesome maps and I know of quite a few people that can and will.

Please change the maps. Having 200 Village maps isn't fun.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Map Rotation and Maps in General.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:41:25 pm »
+1
At one point, NA1 had some of the community maps on it. I think on one of the server updates the map rotation was rolled back though, hence why the ats maps, as well as other maps like the conan map are gone. Infact, sometimes I notice that the EU server maps end in ATS.

Unfortunately, you can't just put someone/a group in charge of the maps, because I think only chadz and cmp have the ability to change map rotations, and I believe there is some sort of a problem with either wse or the fact that not everyone has the beta client that further adds to the difficulties.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »
+1
I want the ATS siege maps back.

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 11:23:08 pm »
Siege is currently down, hopefully they're changing the maps :D

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:50 pm »
+2
I want the ATS siege maps back.

Airith wasnt very happy when they took ladders out, since he altered all the maps to be balanced with ladders in mind. I am fairly sure that is one of the reasons there is no community seige.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 07:35:44 am »
I wasn't happy either. Ladders were never a problem for NA in any game mode.