Author Topic: Kingdom of Ice & Ruin  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Kingdom of Ice & Ruin
« on: November 06, 2012, 06:48:31 am »
+19
Fairly long role-play read from KUTT:

(click to show/hide)
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Ice & Ruin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:06:33 am »
+15
In his lord's armory, deep beneath the surface of the city of Curaw, A Knight of the Tundra was sharpening his father's sword, his face emotionless and thoughtful. He thought of happier times; times when the people of this cold wasteland were happy, generous and fruitful despite this harsh, unforgiving landscape. He thought of merry days with his fellow knights; drinking ale, eating tavern meat in front of a warm fire with his comrades. He thought of kind, friendly faces now turned away to show cold shoulders that chilled to the bone. Then he thought of The King and his Advisors, now locked within the deepest bowels of the fortress and discussing the plans for the defense against the hordes of enemies marching toward this dead city.

He had prepared himself for this. He had seen death and feared it, too. He had fled his home of Ulburban during the attack of the D'Haran mercenaries, leaving his people to die by steel and iron. When Bhuluban was set upon he fought and put his very soul into every swing. Perhaps he was seeking redemption in the eyes of the gods of the Tundra for forsaking his people or perhaps he had had enough running. It did not matter. Bhuluban had fallen to the hands of the deserting Remnants of the Chosen Hands. Now he was in the armory of his country's capital, Curaw, preparing for a siege that would destroy a nation.

It seemed like ages before the sword he was sharpening was suitable to him. He returned the blade to its scabbard and placed it back upon his hip, ready for use when that defining moment arrived. Leaving the armory, he ventured into the main courtyard of his liege's domain. What was once a joyous and perpetually festive portion of the castle was now replaced by two young soldiers, barely of age to be considered men, quivering before a small fire of twigs and dry leaves.

The first of these two young soldiers noticed The Knight before the other. This young soldier had a look of fear in his blue eyes, where there once burned a passion for glory of battle and new-found love. His blonde hair was barely distinguishable due to his helmet (almost too large for his head) and the heaps of frost in his golden locks. The other soldier had noticed his friend had turned to face The Knight and turned to face him as well, although a gust of cold, icy wind convinced him to turn back to the fire almost immediately. From the momentary glance that the soldier gave him, The Knight could just barely make out a bushy, black haired young lad with dark, soulless eyes.

The first soldier inquired of The Knight, "You are one of the last, aren't you?" The Knight nodded slowly in response. "Are..." The young soldier paused to consider what he was about to ask a knight of his liege's order, but went on, "Are you afraid?" The Knight looked up. The sun was blocked out by the cold winter storm and he felt his feet quaking beneath him. Even as he sharpened the sword in the warm castle armory he saw his hands shake in front of him. He was used to the cold he had known all the years of his life. He knew what disturbed him.

"Yes," The Knight responded, "I am afraid."

"We are afraid, too," The second soldier added, turning again to face The Knight. "Everyone is afraid. We thought we would be good soldiers, would win the war and return home to our girls and friends with pouches stuffed with gold to feed our families, but we aren't, are we?"

"No, being afraid is natural. Even now, I believe The King and all his court fears what may happen."

"But aren't we supposed to be brave? Aren't we supposed to be courageous? Aren't we supposed to not have fear, especially at times like this when we are needed most?"

"No." The Knight muttered.

"What?" The first soldier inquired.

"No," This time, louder, almost a shout.  The Knight's face had now grown brighter. He became animated, clenched his fists and roared out: "No! We stand here, in our final line of defense, the bringers of our destruction marching at this very moment closer and closer to the horizon. They will be in sight soon enough. But as you fight the endless hordes of the deserting Remnants of the Chosen Hands, the dreaded Cavalieres, the Bridade of the Fallen, the traitorous Knights of the Teutonic Order and whoever else has set upon us, remember this. We are all afraid. We all have fear and it is natural. But courage is not what you think it is. Your kind of courage is what those brigands who march toward us now possess. That is not true courage; only haughty pride of their perceived eventual victory. Courage, lad, is something that we possess, even now, in our most dire hour in the face of death itself."

The lads' eyes brightened with a new-found drive. At these words a bravery and passion for the Tundra was awakened in the young lads. In their hearts there now was a bravery and there also burned a passion for their homeland so powerful and mighty it would melt the fiery deserts of the south. At these words, men who would fight their all for their people were forged in that cold, unforgiving tundra:

"Courage is resistance to fear. It is mastery of fear; not absence of fear."

(click to show/hide)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:13:19 pm »
+3
Nice stories both of you. I really enjoyed both.

If only you guys were open to the peace talks. I really wanted to work a deal and keep you in the north. Because you refused to part with 1 city you gambled everything. The armies soon at your last gates could have brought needed trade instead had different decisions been made. I applaud your grit.
Leader of BS

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:24:32 pm »
+3
I'd probably publicly execute your so called scholars & advisors for incompetence

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:37:11 pm »
+11
So it had come to this.

Remnant dynamike clasped his coat tighter about himself against the freezing cold and strong winds of the northern tundra. He stood above what once had been the village of Bhulaban and what now, in the rising winter sun, resembled a field of slaughter.

He watched as his men walked between already half frozen bodies to loot pieces of useful equipment, of which there was not much and had not been much when the battle started. The fallen soldiers, most barely past their youth or almost too old for fighting, did not make a pretty sight. dynamike wiped the last dried blood off his trusted blade and reflected on the events of the battle this past night.

They had come from afar, from the southern steppes, the plains and even the far coast, these men intent to fight the Knights Union of the Tundra Territories, and to remove the threat they posed from the face of Calradia. They had marched up into the cold north to set an end to what was believed to be the rule of tyrants, thieves and worse. In battle after battle the men from the south pushed back KUTT and each took a piece of their former great empire and triumphed about the victory against evil.

And with every battle fought and won, dynamike realized he became less sure if their cause was truly just.

What he saw in Bhulaban was not cold monsters fighting in blind rage, smeared in the blood of their own kin and adorned with grisly fetishes. He did not see cold blooded generals throwing waves of men into the lines of the Remnants and their allies without concern. What he saw, was fear. It was a village, supplied with barely enough to keep themselves alive, ill equipped soldiers and farmers, fighting for their lives. What he saw, was unnecessary slaughter in a war that KUTT had lost before it began.

One particular scene he witnessed the night before would not leave dynamike's thoughts. He had watched a man, clearly one of the few remaining veteran knights of KUTT in this village - his face resembling what must have been a reptilian on two legs, smoking a pipe - being dragged away from the battle by his men when the last survivors of KUTT fled the field. This man had fought bravely, tears of rage and frustration frozen on his cheeks, cutting down many men and had stood his ground when it was long clear that the battle was over. In what could only be described as utter desperation he had screamed "Ulburban! Ulburban!" over and over again while charging into our lines with utter disregard for his own life. When dynamike inquired about the name he heard from the man later, they told him about another village lost where this man and his family must have hailed from. No survivors had been reported there.

Sighing in frustration, dynamike made to saddle his horse and ready his men to lead them away from the grisly sight of the village. A victory it was for the army of Remnants at Bhulaban, but one that left a taste of sour bile in the back of his throat. He knew there would be more like this to come before this war was over and if the victors would be the only ones left to write the history of these events, dynamike would need to close his eyes to not stray from his course.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »
+8
The red-headed succubus from hell stood steady atop the snow plain gazing at the ugly, soot covered walls of Curaw.   The war was nearing its end.  God had sent a seemingly endless scourge of purple dinosaurs but the valiant free men had held strong against their crude and undisciplined tactics.  These Barneys had come from the steppe wastelands and to the steppe wastelands of heaven they would be sent back to suffer living with all the Mormons and Hospergllers.  For free men refused to be brought low and humbled before God's army of chocolate chip cookie dinosaurs led by a weak Stalinesque archetype.  Looking back at her fiercely independent army, she stood firm in her resolve to end God's blight.  She felt confident as Curaw was as nothing compared with the elaborate death maze that had been Reyvadin.

A sigh made her turn.  There was one of the reptiles captured in Bhulaban.  He could hardly be understood with his reptilian lisp, but after much torture his words became clear enough - the dinosaurs had spent everything to defend the pestulant city of Curaw and only by taking it would there will be broken and the snow freed once more for people to live in peace and liberty.  News also came of more of God's troops, violent orcs from the steppes making movements to aid the barneys, so she knew action needed to be swift and merciless.  Many mercenaries would need to be called in from the outer territories for this brutal slaughter - many sexual favors would be owed at the end of this war.   
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:19:27 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:59:42 pm »
+8
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 01:39:22 am »
+2
"Fucking nerds" Chestaclese mumbled to himself as he passed another shit grinned story teller.

Even Dynamike, the goofy tongued foreigner they kept around for a good laugh and sexual favors, had taken to telling some tale of some battle over some fief no one really gave a shit about.

Half way to his tent Chestaclese ran into Huey Newton and shared a laugh over Dynamike's engineering skills, how Sauce had told him to build a catapult and he began to assemble a small siege tower. Huey and Chestaclese high-fived like "gentlemen" and started back on their chosen paths.

The war with the Laker Girls was almost over.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:56:44 am by Chestaclese »
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 01:55:19 am »
+4
Huey and Chestaclese high-fived like friends and started back on their chosen paths.

To where? Being muted? or banned?  8-)

Caughtcha Chesty. GG nerd.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:23 am »

fixed.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 02:00:04 am »
+1
Ehhhhhhhhh. I'm not too sure this is something that you can just "fix" since it's already quoted....

(click to show/hide)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:52 am »
+1

Caughtcha Chesty. GG nerd.

+1 to that! That kid is dumber than I thought.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 03:24:42 am »
+4
"That kid is dumber than I thought" Dynamike bellowed from his knees while taking a interment breath from the job at hand.

"Get on with it" Noodles answered while slipping another ten gold piece into Dynamike's front pocket.

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:29 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
I thought hating on gays was against the rules, yet you mute huey for expressing it. Hypocritical admins; the usual.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 03:59:18 am »
+2
When you empower words to mean what the ignorant would use them as you empower the ignorant.