Author Topic: Why cheat?  (Read 16860 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Why cheat?
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »
+1
This is one positive result of 1st warnings. DRZ somehow managed to stop this.

So Segd the issue in my opinion is not destroy all multi accounts in universe. But stop famous/top/most important players to do this. As you can see it works fine with DRZ since you guys avoided banwave (or you put this on higher lvl  but we have no proof for this so lets stay positive). Make Vovka obey rules and all will obey. Make Harpag not obey rules and most Greys will not.

Nobody will have their experience destroyed if there will be few random people using multi accounts, but leaders of biggest clans around can destroy whole sense of strategus.
ehhh useless to fight against multi acounters  only idiots got cought   smart multiaccounters have more than 2nd key  they jsut keep chanhing IP not so hard to do it and get away without punishment while playing on 2 3 or 4 or even more accounts.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
+2
one may ask why somany swe seem to be pompus and stuck up  :rolleyes:
swe swe swe swe???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i dunno but in each game ive played most of them are : :D

Most swe's ingame are ''P12or''

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »
+11
... they jsut keep chanhing IP ...

of course, but make one mistake and say byebye to your real account.

Whenever we find someone who actively tries to hide it it's more severe than just doing it the lazy way.

Organised crime, intent, etc etc.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2012, 04:02:02 pm »
ehhh useless to fight against multi acounters  only idiots got cought   smart multiaccounters have more than 2nd key  they jsut keep chanhing IP not so hard to do it and get away without punishment while playing on 2 3 or 4 or even more accounts.

If they need to start using VPNs and not just manage 10 accounts on their home computer like it was nothing, it will be much more demanding in time and money. The cheating is no longer economical.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »
+2
At least allowing Alts on strat battles would help a lot without a serious harm to current gameplay.
Btw:
1)right now some classes like archers or xbow men can't participate in strat battles if there is no equip for them.
2)many guys retire a lot instead of going to lvl35 ( :P ) & they sometimes can not participate too.
3)Not enough XP for battles, so ppl don't want to fight small or boring battles.

This 3 problems make harder to do the roster causing ppl to:
1)Suck
2)Create big alliances to fill the rosters with good players 24\7

This is the one of the reasons why UIF exist. Nor DRZ, nor Greys cannot make roster without help of all their allies.
Todays example: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1223

IMHO, allowing alts could help not only with multiaccs, but with rosters & carebearing too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »
+3
Btw:
1)right now some classes like archers or xbow men can't participate in strat battles if there is no equip for them.
2)many guys retire a lot instead of going to lvl35 ( :P ) & they sometimes can not participate too.
3)Not enough XP for battles, so ppl don't want to fight small or boring battles.

This 3 problems make harder to do the roster causing ppl to:
1)Suck
2)Create big alliances to fill the rosters with good players 24\7

This is the one of the reasons why UIF exist. Nor DRZ, nor Greys cannot make roster without help of all their allies.
Todays example: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1223

IMHO, allowing alts could help not only with multiaccs, but with rosters & carebearing too.

A bit offtopic, but yeah. Think boosting all xp you get from strat battles would help a lot more than letting alts play, to be honest. I know I would participate in a lot more strat battles if the xp reward was better. (perhaps even some gold reward?)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 04:13:38 pm »
+5
Slightly related

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »
+1
Why cheat? I think theres some basic concepts here I would look at

Morales. This is a very complex one. People have a basic desire to win, and being online with your own online persona can allow people to behave in ways that irl society or etiquette would not allow. Theres more to this but basically not everyone feels that games actually exist in reality, or even see people they interact with online as just a bunch of pixels.

Attention seeking. These guys generally don't care that you know they are cheating, in fact they want you to notice. They want some reaction from you, either to feel they affected you IRL, or to even feel like they're on a moral high ground over you ("its just a game, why you so mad etc"). They feed their ego in one way or another

Gaming culture. This is the hardest one to change, but this is probably the most important to combat cheating/exploiting. This is shaped by the players attitudes on the server and what people deem culturally acceptable/normal behaviour. Every player has the opportunity to affect this in their own small way, just with their basic attitude on the server but the main contributing factor to this is..

Rules and consequences for breaking them. You need first simple clear rules. Then you need a good bunch of admins that enforce them (and they must be accountable to higher ups that take responsibility for them too). We have the good admins for the most part but for enforcement of rules, and being clear with rules can be a bit sketchy in cRPG imo

Grey area between exploit and cheat. This is partly culture, partly being clear with rules and enforcing them, and partly "morales". We all use some form of exploit in most games without actually thinking of it or being aware of it. Every game has bugs that might not be intended but players might generally culturally accept them as normality. In cRPG i'd say we have a lack of enforcement of some rules, and a lack of a clear definition in some cases (like stripping out map assets like bushes for eg) that opens the gate for exploiting being more culturally accepted. This is a very important one to tackle because not everyone considers exploits to be cheats, it all depends on what people deem OK, and especially what the powers that be state is OK, and then they must follow through with real repercussions. Culturally though I think most people are against the obvious negative exploits so we're not so bad in that regard I think. Repercussions for breaking rules, and even having clear rules in the first place could be worked on though imo

Theres probably more to it thats how I see it
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:09:38 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »
+15

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »
+1
This is racist!  :wink: So are u trying to say that all slavs would cheat & exploit at every possibility we have? I think you should kick Dave, Cupid & other cheaters from your clan before it is too late. Btw, even Nocti is compromised since Turks are not better than slavs(Remember Kapikulu_Abey with 20 cd-keys  :twisted: ).
Alpha should set this SB & PB heretics in the desert on fire as well  :rolleyes:

There is no race or nation for cheating but its very normal if a community (look at the word carefully a community) has more cheaters or lets call it players searching an easy way to gain the upper hand, its very possible that others will be corrupted within no time. Its the duty of Turkish, Russian, Polish or American whatsoever communities to clean the cheaters, IF they have a problem with it.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »
+4
Make Vovka obey rules and all will obey. Make Harpag not obey rules and most Greys will not.

Nobody will have their experience destroyed if there will be few random people using multi accounts, but leaders of biggest clans around can destroy whole sense of strategus.

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline MayPeX

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_MayPeX
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »
+1
Are we having a History and Geography lesson here?

Personally I think archers that shoot me in the back cheat, it's just morally wrong and cowardly. And people can jump around in plate? They must be on steroids, ban the cheaters!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
+1
BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE CHEATS GODDAMIT!!! THEY CAN KILL ME SO IT CLEARLY MEANS THEY CHEAT!

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »
BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE CHEATS GODDAMIT!!! THEY CAN KILL ME SO IT CLEARLY MEANS THEY CHEAT!
Your name is not Rantarex.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2012, 06:32:27 pm »
Your name is not Rantarex.
I posted that so he doesn't have to.

There is no sight in my third eye