Author Topic: strat message button suggestion  (Read 451 times)

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
strat message button suggestion
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:43 am »
+5
not sure if this is the right subforum but anyway my suggestion is a simple one:
Add a message button to the panel which displays a players info in strategus so a user can message them quickly.  Refer to image:

(click to show/hide)

What I have been doing so far is manually copying the player's name and going back to c-rpg.net to message them manually.  I feel like a message button would be easy to implement and I would appreciate this feature.

Thanks for reading!

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: strat message button suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:15:55 am »
It would be easier if you could click on the name AND on the faction and jump to the player/faction info.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »
+3
I can hardly even begin to explain the awesomeness that this would be. And it should be added to fiefs as well, so that "message" is directed to the fief owner.

Diplomacy should not be on forums, after all. Highly public diplomatic efforts just aren't realistic. Diplomacy should be a closed-doors thing.

And THEEEEEN...

Incorporate rules regarding the tradition of medieval signet rings and "seals".
Each player has the option to:

Write unsealed, unsigned.
Write signed but unsealed.
Write signed and sealed.

So, basically, it would be against the rules of Strat to "fake" a seal... but scrupulous lords might very well decide to send their sensitive correspondence with merely a signature, as some verification of authenticity. And for the REALLY dirty stuff, you can just send unsealed and unsigned notes.

This system could be done by emoticons/*ActionText*/[ExplanationText] or by an official system where the message has a little .jpg image of a signature and/or seal depending on the delivery method (if the devs wanted to take the time to implement that much).

Anonymous correspondence would be a cool addition too.

Why bother?

Strategus is not a game about battles. Strategus is a game of politics in its many forms: ideological competition, economic security, personal rivalries, vengeance, trust, fear, etc. Anything that promotes that political aspect improves the game more than +1 damage and -2 speed on greatswords (that are rarely used in Strat until late game anyways) ever will.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:55:39 am »
Though that is significantly more complicated than what I suggested, thanks for the support and enthusiasm Garem.

Ps we should send eachother dirty strat notes =3