Author Topic: Hybrid thrower  (Read 850 times)

Offline Thalandor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hybrid thrower
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »
I had one ages ago with 2h as the main skill. It was a blast. Things are different now but I've been considering making 1h/thrower hybrid.

I've thinking +3 Steel Pick/Knightly Heater and +3 War Darts as I seemed to be able to hit with them decently. Could this be done without gimping anything too much and with what kind of build?

All other 1H/Throwing discussion is welcome as well.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: Hybrid thrower
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:10:39 pm »
18/18
0 IF
6 PS
6 ATH
5 Shield
6 WM

~ 111 1h wpf, left over points in throwing.

Works very well with light/medium gear. Would use Throwing Spears/Jarids.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17:11 pm »
Considering the low amount of PT needed for War Darts, 4-5 PT should be enough for a level 30 build then. For that about 100-120 throwing wpf is alright as well. War Darts will not deal such amount of dmg that you can kill that many enemies with them alone.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

For Jarids or Javelins you should get 5 Throwing, so either that 21/15 build with 5 PT is alright or you take a 18/18 build, also with 5 PT but 6 WM.

(click to show/hide)

---

I currently use a lvl 30 18/18 build myself, for Jarids and a 2hand sword.

(click to show/hide)

--
e: Erzengel, wheres the PT in ya build, otherwise yes, 18/18 works fine!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:23:23 pm »
+1
21/15
7PS
7PT
5WM
5Shield
5Athl

112 One handed wpf, 111 Throwing wpf.

S'goood, I use MW throwing lances or sometimes MW throwing daggers. And for melee a Italian sword with a Knightly heater shield. Lances are fun as you can one hit some people and horses, and when thrown you can focus more on melee instead. Also easy to find on the ground if you miss a shot.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thalandor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:32:54 pm »
+1
Thanks, those are some interesting alternatives. I was thinking about War Darts since about a year ago they seemed the most accurate. But now it seems that accuracy stat is higher with the more expensive weapons. I think I'll create an alt and will experiment with different builds. We'll see what I'll end up using. But my general idea is to use War Darts to weaken my targets so I could pretty much 1 or 2 hit them dead with my steel pick. And kill the weakened ones with my War Darts. I remember being occasionaly able to head shot my enemies with them.

Btw, Could I be able to deal with 5 PS and MW Steel Pick? Then I could become fast and really increase Throwing WPF. would it be worth it?

15/21
5PS
5PT
5Shield
7ATH
7WM

100 One hand
146 Throwing

I'm playing in EU so less Str build exist.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »
+1
Just look at kinngrimm. I believe he has 12 STR only which is 4 PS and he uses a Steel Pick and never glances... So yes, 5 PS with a Pick is possible. That build should be alright. For a cut weapon you should get more PS though.

But yes, try out different builds.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »
PT 4/5 is ideal for hybrid.  Anything lower and its a waste as you wont do enough damage and anything higher is beyond the point of hybrid and into dedicated thrower range.

Wardarts are terrible for a hybrid.  Too much ammo and too low DPS,  you will be distracted trying to use your 12 ammo and die to cav/arrows/melee.  Not to mention darts dont do much against people with less armor.

Its all about heavy axes, or if you have the bank roll Jarids.  Axes will outright kill lower level guys in crappy armor in 1 hit.  Jarids HURT guys in heavy armor.  Both have HIGH DPS and you are making your throwing opportunities COUNT.  Your low-medium ammo counts mean you wont be tempted to sit back and do nothing but throw and you will save them for the situations mentioned below.

As a hybrid is about knowing WHEN to throw.  Soften up heavies as they roll in, hit kiters in the back when they flee, force backpedalling s-keyers to fight.  Darts arent going to do that for you with the exception of killing people fleeing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:44:50 pm by Digglez »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 06:43:21 pm »
+1
Strength:24
Agility:15

One Handed:120
Throwing:102

Weapon Master:5
Athletics:5

Power Strike:8
Power Throw:5

Works nicely with Heavy Throwing Axes, War Darts, Throwing Hammer.

[...]Darts arent going to do that for you with the exception of killing people fleeing.

Darts do stagger people which is nice as a supportive playstyle. Since they are the most accurate throwing items, it is actually possible to assist in melee fights. They only kill on very low health or headshots tho...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 10:25:05 pm »
I am currently using +3 war darts, various shields, and +3 flanged mace. My build is 21-15, and while a bit slow, it is extremely effective.

21 STR
15 AGI
113 1h wpf
110 throwing wpf

3 Ironflesh
7 Powerstrike
5 Shield
5 Athletics
5 Weapon Master
4 Power Throw

It works great because of the lower PT, you can wear heavier armour to last longer in combat. I find war darts to be the most effective at preventing enemy crossbowmen from reloading. You can very easily lob wardarts over the heads of your teammates for damage, and headshots. Headshots are absolutely brutal with wardarts. They're also effective at killing archers; they don't really consider people throwing darts a threat.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?