Author Topic: Exploiting going on?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Exploiting going on?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 01:30:09 am »
The thread I keep referring to is this one:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/astralis-vs-hospitaller-battles-(attacking-your-own-fiefs)/

So if I am off-base and misreading it or pointing something out that is not entirely true, please, by all means say so and correct my error. I just thought (haven't reread the whole thing) that it was mentioned and discussed that the proper way to transfer fiefs was not by attacking and instead by transferring.

Apologies if this is creating a shit storm. It is not my intention, though it most likely seems that way. I was under the impression it was against the rules after this thread, so let me know otherwise any devs/admins.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:30 am »
+1
in order to prevent them from being attacked by enemies

i guess this is the arguable part.  at what point is the attack imminent?  the dark force attacked in a case were the enemy army was practically holding right infront of the fief.

so at this point I would guess its only forbidden if an attack is sure to happen.  needs clarification id say
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 01:39:56 am »
I can say in Slezkh's instance that it was prepared to be attacked and an army had started to move out right as the attack was made.

But let's say I believe you (which I don't, for the record); have the Astralis guys join your clan and use the fief transfer function. I still expect the attacks to be called off.
^ Example from cmp what should have happened to make the transfer. Still applies in this case imo.

As for Occitan in the area, Chaos, and Pale Horsemen, I'm not sure of their whereabouts in proximity or their targetting of the fief, but considering the attack was launched last night, any current screenshots are going to do little-to-no justice about armies that were approaching since they most likely ducked back in wherever they were at once they realized it was contested.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 02:28:59 am »
I don't think any exploits are going on

Offline Kartoffel_Salat

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Panda, Panda_, Creamsicle, Pandascrub
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 03:26:34 am »
If they are at war with Fallen then why don't they announce it?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 06:02:20 am »
If they are at war with Fallen then why don't they announce it?

Laziness probably, or maybe they just want the one fief and not everything. I don't know.

* Tears of Destiny shrugs
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28:08 am »
+4
The only thing I'm declaring is that I'm a greedy fuck, nothing personal Tears. Now the rest of you monitor tanning nerds stick your retainers back in and calm the fuck down.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 06:29:24 am »
+3
Seems like they saw an opportunity to take a fief and went for it. I don't see why the automatic assumption is that there's some shady business going on.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:59 am »
+1
The only thing I'm declaring is that I'm a greedy fuck, nothing personal Tears. Now the rest of you monitor tanning nerds stick your retainers back in and calm the fuck down.

Fuck bitches, get money.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:49 am »
+3
Seems like they saw an opportunity to take a fief and went for it. I don't see why the automatic assumption is that there's some shady business going on.

Probably people are assuming things because I said we are not at war with Remnants, and Remnants never declared war (because lod knows people follow 'rules of warfair' to the letter in Strat  :rolleyes: ).

Regardless, I respect this as this is a manly reason unlike some of the whiners and pansies who believe in honor on these forums and other lame things:

Still not at war though  :P
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 07:02:11 am »
+2

Still not at war though  :P

We're still going to the prom though.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 07:04:27 am »
+3
We're still going to the prom though.

Hell yeah we are! I just bought a nice dress and I'm not letting it go to waste!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 08:00:04 am »
I can say in Slezkh's instance that it was prepared to be attacked and an army had started to move out right as the attack was made.

That is completely made up.  You haven't budged from Curaw in weeks since you don't want to reduce the army for the city defense.  No army was marching on Slezkh, especially with a 2200 man Teutonic army right next to it.  The fief owner needs to be in the fief to do a direct transfer.  i was the fief owner and if you hadn't noticed I was busy helping the attack on Reyvadin and then preparing for attacking all the KUTT guys hiding in Reyvadin after it was taken.  I was not avialbale to do direct transfer.  If we thought it was going to be attacked we wouldn't have had teutons attack it as we would love to draw your army out for an open field battle so all the chevalieres can ride their horses.  We would love it if you atatcked some of these villages instead of stockpiling troops in Curaw while we attack any people you send out of Curaw. 

There was no army, we would not want to stop you from attacking anything as it only would be to our benefit.  They attacked it because there was no one else there just us and them.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 08:17:16 am »
+4
Just here to point out that I was in the village yesterday night (retreated there after my failed assault on Ismail or whatever village) and, up until a few hours before the fief transfer, there were NO visible armies.

Also, a few other things:

-The attack on the fief was pre-determined a few days now. Before any "attack" to it.
-You attacking the village would mean that you would leave the fortress (our main objective) undefended. Considering that the fortress is our main objective and we had an army of 2.2k on your doorstep (less than half a day march) attacking our village would be a huge help indeed. If you indeed intended to attack that village, better start thanking your good luck that we decided to transfer it at that time instead of telling us we exploited stuff :/. Exploiting against our interests sounds pretty dumb, doesn't it?
-Finally, as said above, normal transfer was impossible since the fief owner was far away.

I mean no offence or disrespect to you KUTTs. I respect you as a clan and like you as players. Strategus is still a "noice battles, extra exp and, hey, why not? Fancy title!" thingy for me....

...but let's not throw wild accusations around, shall we gentlemen?

May the best man win in this war, in a fair manner.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 08:53:17 am »
+1
Just here to point out that I was in the village yesterday night (retreated there after my failed assault on Ismail or whatever village) and, up until a few hours before the fief transfer, there were NO visible armies.

Also, a few other things:

-The attack on the fief was pre-determined a few days now. Before any "attack" to it.
-You attacking the village would mean that you would leave the fortress (our main objective) undefended. Considering that the fortress is our main objective and we had an army of 2.2k on your doorstep (less than half a day march) attacking our village would be a huge help indeed. If you indeed intended to attack that village, better start thanking your good luck that we decided to transfer it at that time instead of telling us we exploited stuff :/. Exploiting against our interests sounds pretty dumb, doesn't it?
-Finally, as said above, normal transfer was impossible since the fief owner was far away.

I mean no offence or disrespect to you KUTTs. I respect you as a clan and like you as players. Strategus is still a "noice battles, extra exp and, hey, why not? Fancy title!" thingy for me....

...but let's not throw wild accusations around, shall we gentlemen?

May the best man win in this war, in a fair manner.

Silence traitor! You're dead to me!