Author Topic: Exploiting going on?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Exploiting going on?
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:29:28 am »
+3
I don't want to sound like an ass when I come out and say this, but uh, what's with the exploits going on?

You've got Remnants taking over a fief from Fallen by attacking it when it's about to be attacked. Isn't the fief transfer that Remnant is doing with Fallen illegal by cmp's standards considering he outed Hospitallers for doing the same thing? Attacking a fief for a "Transfer" right as its about to be attacked, instead of doing the much simpler process of a Remnant joining Fallen Faction, being granted the fief, then leaving and rejoining the faction? Smells kinda fishy from a 3rd Party perspective.

And then you've also got Teutonics doing the same thing with FCC right now at Slezkh right as an army is moving to take it too.

Something's fishy here fellers. Play by the rules. It's much easier to transfer fiefs by joining their faction, getting the fief, leaving, and rejoining yours. The method you're doing now is doing nothing but preventing armies that are ready to attack from attacking it. Big no no.

I'd like to see some Devs weigh in here, since I'm sure this will get downvoted and all sorts of defenses will be thrown up--but if Hospitallers got outed for it and barked at, and the precedent was set as to how it should be done--why are we allowing these clans to do the same?

Discuss.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: Exploiting going on?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:54 am »
+3
You mean an enemy is about to attack their fief, but their ally attacks is slightly faster so they get another 24h of reinforcing time?

That is indeed exploiting.

Offline Kartoffel_Salat

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Panda, Panda_, Creamsicle, Pandascrub
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:33:48 am »
+1
Well fallen are at war with Chaos, Occitan, Pale Horsemen, and KUTT

I don't see any declaration of war for HG/Remnant and they're attacking the fief

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:45 am »
I wouldn't say that FCC plans on reinforcing Slezkh. They're transferring it to Teutonics, as an army is ready to move onto the fief from Curaw. Obviously delaying it 24 hours instead of doing the rightful (and easier) transfer.

Seems as though a request for some Dark Force intervention is in order.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 12:38:13 am »
I don't think the teutonic attack is an exploit. They attacked and lost and so FCC is just taking over it instead

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
Lets wait and see explanations from both groups before we call anything exploits.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:46:26 am »
I don't think the teutonic attack is an exploit. They attacked and lost and so FCC is just taking over it instead

Not that one Tugboat, look at Slezkh.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 12:50:21 am »
+4
Not been involved in this at all so not commenting as an official Fallen or anything, but a screenshot of the area shows no imminent attacking army.

http://i.imgur.com/7xiQZ.jpg

There could be an army in one of the fiefs but for now i'm guessing this a simple ignorance rather than deliberate exploiting :D

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 12:51:49 am »
How would Slezkh be an exploit too? If they attacked Slezkh and defeated it who cares who they give it to?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 12:57:44 am »
+10
You've got Remnants taking over a fief from Fallen by attacking it when it's about to be attacked. Isn't the fief transfer that Remnant is doing with Fallen illegal by cmp's standards considering he outed Hospitallers for doing the same thing? Attacking a fief for a "Transfer" right as its about to be attacked, instead of doing the much simpler process of a Remnant joining Fallen Faction, being granted the fief, then leaving and rejoining the faction? Smells kinda fishy from a 3rd Party perspective.

Oh shut up. The fief transfer was not even negotiated for, they simply attacked so that they could nab it before our enemies could without consulting us first.

It's not illegal if it is an actual attack, and there are NO armies nearby that could even attack it in the first place.

Crystal Balls will make you go crazy, I suggest you stop using yours at once as well as stop making shit up. First you have the balls to babble on about the Fallen's "real motivation" for attacking you for being Greed because you can't be assed to read a declaration of WAR on YOUR faction (Due to it being "boring" of all excuses) nor read my actual responses, even though we actually flat out stated it as one of our reasons multiple times, and now you all of a sudden are making up armies out of thin-air and making up pretend treaties and exchanges and accusing us of exploiting because you have a stick up your ass and don't double-check your 'facts.'

Making assumptions is a stupid thing to do when accusing people of exploiting, especially when it involves zero facts to back anything up.

Stop shitposting.

The above is merely my opinion and not the representation of the Coalition nor the Fallen Brigade.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 01:05:45 am »

Oh shut up. The fief transfer was not even negotiated for, they simply attacked so that they could nab it before our enemies could without consulting us first.

It's not illegal if it is an actual attack, and there are NO armies nearby that could even attack it in the first place.

Crystal Balls will make you go crazy, I suggest you stop using yours at once as well as stop making shit up. First you have the balls to babble on about the Fallen's "real motivation" for attacking you for being Greed because you can't be assed to read a declaration of WAR on YOUR faction (Due to it being "boring" of all excuses) nor read my actual responses, even though we actually flat out stated it as one of our reasons multiple times, and now you all of a sudden are making up armies out of thin-air and making up pretend treaties and exchanges and accusing us of exploiting because you have a stick up your ass and don't double-check your 'facts.'

Making assumptions is a stupid thing to do when accusing people of exploiting, especially when it involves zero facts to back anything up.

Stop shitposting.

The above is merely my opinion and not the representation of the Coalition nor the Fallen Brigade.

First off all, calm down Tears, calm down.

I was asking a question, because Hospitallers got balled on by the devs for doing the same thing and everyone was crying witch against them. You stated in another thread (let me find quote) IT WAS A FIEF TRANSFER that you were aware of so don't play dumb.

The FCC one is also a fief transfer. They promised it to Teutonics (from what I understand) in exchange for betraying us. I'm just pointing out that there is something fishy going on. So, calm down.

Oops, is Ayyike just a village transfer?  I glanced at the battles list before updating and haven't caught up on the forum yet.

Also, is Remnant's contract with the FCC still in effect?  Just wondering because the thread was locked.

Remnant is at war with us, what? Where was that mentioned?

Looks like your post after that was edited, not saying it said it was a fief transfer, but even Knute, the individual running the Relations Thread saw that it was a transfer and corrected his mistake.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:08:58 am by Tank Burner »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 01:06:56 am »
Well as there is no public Remnant war declaration, one would think of the attack as a transfer.

See there was a reason behind the battle. Just wait and explanations will cover everything. Though the slezekh battles is fishy. Right in the middle of kutt territory they perform a fief transfer?....when both sides are at war with kutt....? Fishy.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 01:11:58 am »
:( was looking forward to seeing al-adin again, shame there is a nice explanation from the fallen.
Not that I am saying that you should exploit, but it would be fun to repeat that siege...
argh where is the video of the wizard attack? Cant find it :(

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 01:13:53 am »
I just find it odd and quite weird that these circumstances would align in such a way, it seems questionable that you guys would clear out the entire fief, then a neutral/friendly party would swoop in and "attack" the fief and you guys wouldn't sign anyone up. Sounds like a fief transfer to me and on the cover, nothing can really say anything else.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 01:22:57 am »
+1
seems that attacking as form of transferring is still common,  I see to uif attacks that seem to be transferrs as well.  one can argue that it aint delaying if there is no army in sight,  but a 24 hour lock down does seem to exceed the travel time for an approaching army...

maybe this should be forbidden altogether,  and inter-clan fieftransferrs safeguarded by captchas or (are you sure) messages should be implemented?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!