Author Topic: Uninstall time?  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Re: Uninstall time?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:19 pm »
+2
The devs fuck with mechanics way too much in this game. 

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
bye!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »
+3
i am dreading the new powerarchers, more then i ever hated kiting tbh... trust me archers now will be 1/2 shot machines and it will make the ranged whine worse than ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »
+8
amount of archers dropping already, change successful, good job team
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »
+15
Hey i just killed you and this crazy, but i'm an archer so nerf me maybe.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 08:02:53 pm »
+1
I'm sorry but I just can't understand people that spend two their two years in the best medieval melee combat game ever created as an archer. They are just squandering the awesome gameplay mechanics that this game has. It's like spending all your time bowling while playing GTA IV.

I have never and will never try archery for a complete gen, because it bores me after an hour and I grab my pickaxe and go melee on people's asses.

So basically what I said, no idea what you are talking about.
Thanks.

OMG you're alive!
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-off-topic/rip-smoothrich/

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »
+2
While I see how lots of ranged haters are happy with this, not a single one of you would like to lose hundreds of hours of gametime because something was implemented that forces you to respec/retire.

This already happened to me (as in, me and many, many people and especially not archers) like twice you know, and I'm probably one of the worst "ranged haters" in the mod.

It's just that I never invested all my time in high level bundle of sticksry. People can cry all the tears of the ocean about heirlooms, they aren't half as helpful in battle as being high level is. But there's a price for everything. The price of being high level is the lack of flexibility. Everybody knows patches come with balance changes. When they decided to go 33+, they knew what they signed for. Other people never got free respecs even in cases of changes way worse than this, starting to give some now would be extremely unfair.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 08:04:25 pm »
+3
I'm sorry but I just can't understand people that spend two their two years in the best medieval melee combat game ever created as an archer. They are just squandering the awesome gameplay mechanics that this game has. It's like spending all your time bowling while playing GTA IV.

I have never and will never try archery for a complete gen, because it bores me after an hour and I grab my pickaxe and go melee on people's asses.

If you want a game about melee only, go google. Warband is not melee only. And it should never be. Hell, without any Archery, how fucking boring it would be?
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 08:07:44 pm »
+1

They're just adapting.

What meow said.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »
+1
If you want a game about melee only, go google. Warband is not melee only. And it should never be. Hell, without any Archery, how fucking boring it would be?
It would, that's is why I am glad there are people who for some reason like to fulfill the shitty part of the game, albeit that there is mostly too many.

So basically what I said, no idea what you are talking about.
Has jack shit to do with anything, melee combat makes this game, that is barely an opinion.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:03 pm »
+15
good old cmp and his continued campaign to destroy everything good or fun in the game.

good old casimir always spewing bullshit unaware that the change was made by shik

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:22 pm »
+2
This already happened to me (as in, me and many, many people and especially not archers) like twice you know, and I'm probably one of the worst "ranged haters" in the mod.

It's just that I never invested all my time in high level bundle of sticksry. People can cry all the tears of the ocean about heirlooms, they aren't half as helpful in battle as being high level is. But there's a price for everything. The price of being high level is the lack of flexibility. Everybody knows patches come with balance changes. When they decided to go 33+, they knew what they signed for. Other people never got free respecs even in cases of changes way worse than this, starting to give some now would be extremely unfair.

Which nerfs were that again?
Animation changes?
Stat changes?
Maybe my memory fails me but I don't remember any change during the last year+ that made builds entirely useless.

Has jack shit to do with anything, melee combat makes this game, that is barely an opinion.

Well it for sure is your opinion and you may call it what ever you want :wink:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »
+6
Excuse me while I laugh my ass off at all you poor suckers who, like every single patch to date, have messed-up archery builds due to a patch.

No longer due I have to worry about playing a class that changed literally every patch, so excuse me while I enjoy my level 33 shielder.

So, some sympathy for you poor sods, but this should not come as a surprise considering this sort of thing is pretty much standard with every update. You have different rules for archery every single patch, you have bugs with every single update, you have a storm of patches that take a week or three to stabilize with every single update. This should be standard expectations by now.

I do not miss being an archer. Honestly, to hell with a class that is under constantly changing mechanics.

Maybe my memory fails me but I don't remember any change during the last year+ that made builds entirely useless.
How about cavalry being messed up by the radically different riding prerequisites, or the PD lowering wpf making several builds suddenly screaming about too low of a proficiency? How about those poor bastards with high PD builds that the last set of mechanics punished anything past 6PD due to the friction values and large advantage of WPF agi archer builds equaling the same damage at anything past point blank and WITH the added advantage of more accuracy?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:17:18 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 08:13:58 pm »
+4
Am I the only 2h-hero that feels bad for the archers? :lol:

Was even planning to get 4 shield skill at lvl 34 so that I wouldn't have any reason to whine about them anymore. :cry:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Kunio

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Only MEB can nerf me!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Kunio
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
+1
i am dreading the new powerarchers, more then i ever hated kiting tbh... trust me archers now will be 1/2 shot machines and it will make the ranged whine worse than ever.
^^
çok samimi şakalı komikli bi ortam vardı