Author Topic: A day in an admins life  (Read 2370 times)

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
A day in an admins life
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:30:04 am »
A day in an admins life.
Just giving you people an insight in how it is to be an admin.

Logging into Eu 1, to have some fun. DOH, 5:59, one sec from spawning! Well, could as well use the time to check for leechers.
First, go through all players checking if anyone stands still, is hiding or lack weapons. Oh, a guy from Kapikuli tked a guy, probably an accident. Everything seems fine. Only one guy left on one side, but hes trying to shoot the opposite side.

Finally, spawn time!
Wtf is that dude doing with his staff? Not the first time I see him swinging wildly while hitting teammates! Lets remember him so he can get a warning if he continues.

Ok, time to play. Cool, after hacking through a huscarl shield, I killed that bastard, and attacked his teammate, killed two of em before I got killed by a sword in my back. Nice, now back to spectrating.
Seems like a silent evening, maybe I can play tonight, not too much to do as an admin, would be great to just play for once.
 Daily routine, fight, have fun, then spectate to check that everythings ok. Spawning, wait some seconds to make sure no-one is going berserk against teammates at spawn. They don't, and if they do they notice an admin watching them and stops it. This one guy is kicking a guy who looks afk. -Ok, lets check it out. I walk up to him, and finall he sees me, he stops kicking the afk guy, and as normal the afk guy starts to move. No harm in being 20 sec afk in the start as long as you get back before the fight!
Oh, I love these evenings, where I can just play, and dont have to bother with teamwounders or leechers.
Spectating a random guy, wait, what is he doing? Oh no, drama. He is attacking the horse of a teammate. Gotta hive him a warning "Hi, <sensored>  if you kill a teammates horse again you'll get a ban".
One round later "is it not allowed?" I reply "ofc its not allowed, stop at once" "ok, I wont do it any more". Wtf is up with people? Aint it OBIOUS that you cant just attack your teammates horses? I mean, where do we get these people from? Argh, mpw Ill have to keep an eye on this guy.
Next battle, horseman charging down this small alley, aim with my axe, he miss, lets smash his horses feet to crushed bones and blood-pudding! Cruuu... bump from an ally horse to my back. ARGH!
Ok, lets go over there and attack that guy with a shield. Smash, smash smash, dead. Nice, next? Red text: <sensored> ->bolt-> irc://Lilith.
Specate him, nope, it seems he was aiming for the enemy on the other side of me, well well, accidents happens.
Player: <sensored> is leeching!
Admin 1: stop leeching!
User 1: Don't ban him, just kick
User 2. BAN him!
User 3: admin abuuuuze
Admin 2: >sensored> Move or get banned
10 sec later: Admin 1 kicks <sensored>
wow, 3 admins on at the same time, how nice.
Wtf? That lance was not even close to me! A R G H ! * rage*
Sneaks around a corner, an enemy is standing ready around a corner, but towards the wrong corner HIT HIS SKULL Lilith! Crush, crump, BLAM BAM, he is dead. Yey!
Later on, notice a guy walking right into some enemies. Hm, a leecher? Notices his name. Next round, spectate the guy. Yep, he is walking into the enemy without even trying to attack them. But I gotta be sure this is not just an accident.
Hm, 5:43, too late to play, meh. 4-5 minutes of playtime wasted on being an admin again. Ok, Im giving him a warning in admin chat "hey <sensored> it looks like your autowalk-leeching, stop that now!" No answer.
Killing 4 hours by watching the chat on IRC, uhm, some weirdo suggesting we add flamethrowers as a weapon in c-rpg. Oooook, crazy people. Back to c-rpg, next round. Spectating the autorunner. Yep, he is running past two enemies, who turns around and uses impressive 5 hits to kill him. He never turns, never defend himself. Lets give him a last warning,stop leeching or ban..
4 minutes of doing nothing later, next round starts. * sigh* why cant they just afk-leech as in the good old days? Much easier to notice, don't even have to use 3-4 battles to spectating to make sure they are leeching.
Ok, 4th round, yep, he runs into an enemy, and.. ok, this is funny. The enemy stands there, not moving, while our guy runs at him! Then the enemy hacks him down with two hits. Ok, confirmed leecher. Lets ban him.
Half an hour later, ban/unban forum. "Omg, I was talking to my sick wife in phone for 1 minute, ADMIN ABUZER, IM GONNA NOMINATE YOU FUCKIN MORON! Unban me NOW asap ffs! You need to fucking warn first fucking moron"
Right.
chadz, we need to get paid for this, please?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:50:27 am by Lilith »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: A day in an admins life
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:34 am »
WHy did I read this all? All of this? why, why............

It was entertaining though, and a wee bit enlightening.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:42 am »
Nuffen, you really need to... well, use a lot of things... This is hardly readable Q_Q

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:46:10 am »
Nuffen, you really need to... well, use a lot of things... This is hardly readable Q_Q

Everytime anyone says on any website "QQ" I now think of the whistle and glance behind me...

Thank you Warband for screwing me up...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:59 am »
Hm, I think its easier to read now?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:57 am »
Very much so!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55:01 am »
My teacher always told me to put more air into EVERYTHING I wrote. Well, I never listened to him, even if hes right :P

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 02:45:46 am »
aboooze!
Turtles

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade Black Tea
  • IRC nick: Original Sin [afk mostly]
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:08:08 am »
I remember my time beein' an admin in one of the clans of Jedi:Academy game.
phew..

another sunny day, you know x)
lighten up, mate.

as I said already, we really appreciate you job  :)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:48:10 am »
obvious abuz

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:25:06 am »
Sounds about right, Lilith.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:06 pm »
This is why I love you Lilith...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 12:52:45 pm »
Lilith, that was my horse that guy killed, I still don't get it, what the hell was he thinking?  :)
(I remember it from the "Isn't that allowed?" question.)

Also it's nice to see the game from an admins viewpoint. I was admin a few years ago on Call of Duty, and I know these things, you have to stop all the time to do the job. But that makes an admin, rite?  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:54:03 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »
You think you have it bad? I used to be a GM for Asheron's Call on the PVP server. I had all your problems and much, much more. People constantly getting stuck so I had to teleport them, others exploiting to get more pyreals (money) or rank, people trying to kill me ("I'm a GM, I have infinite health, quit hitting me"), and of course the people who PM me with, "I'm lost in the wilderness. Can you teleport me to <insert town>?"  :rolleyes:

I was also a GM for Face of Mankind for....2 weeks. Quit because their community is just a cruel mixture of 4chan and Goons with unknowing young'ens thrown in.