Author Topic: An overview of 2h swords pre and post patch  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: An overview of 2h swords pre and post patch
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 03:53:43 pm »
About the danish, not only it was the most offered, but also the most requested (now it is the great sword) simply because it was so widely used that they changed hands fast. Simply because their number was so high, as it was very powerful (I am not saying OP) and a lot of people used it, some for the look, but most for its effectivity.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
Not only it was the most offered, but also the most requested (now it is the great sword) simply because it was so widely used that they changed hands fast. Simply because their number was so high, as it was very powerful (I am not saying OP) and a lot of people used it, some for the look, but most for its effectivity.

No it wasent, it was always in the middle of the request, it was a 7 before they released the patch.

PS:I have been known to a be danish greatsword fanboy, because i love the sword and im danish irl. I had it for 2 and a half year, yet im selling mine now.... thats says something. If i dont want the danish, then who does?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
I wanna use the most powerful weapon? Ive kept my sword because of the look, style, name and because it was my first weapon. I had it for 2 and a half year, through all patches and nerfs. Yet u say i only want op weapons? go fuck off. Pretty much none of u has sticked with the same weapon, like i did.

No it wasent, but all the 2h danish hate makes it look like it. And if it was so op, why was it the most offered? People wouldent give out their greatest weapon. It was never high on the request list, it was around number 7. So if it was so op, why was the demand way lower, than what they were given out at, thats the exact opposite of what should happen.

for me is time to try DGS again because at last is balanced atm,
I have offer for you my alwpike+3 for yours danish and 250k

ahh you are whining hipocrite

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »
for me is time to try DGS again because at last is balanced atm,
I have offer for you my alwpike+3 for yours danish and 250k

ahh you are whining hipocrite
Like people have whined about every class in the game, but im not allowed, when my weapon is horrible compared to other weapons like the glaive?

Im not gonna buy an awlpike... its an op weapon, but im not playing something that gay, i would hate myself for using that. All im after is money atm, since i dont know what weapon im goin for.

PS:I have been known to be a danish greatsword fanboy, because i love the sword and im danish irl. I had it for 2 and a half year, yet im selling mine now.... thats says something. If i dont want the danish, then who does?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 831
  • Infamy: 2393
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »
Danish is common in EU, on NA side that's Longsword which has been nicely buffed.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »
btw leshma where is your offer?

ahh and geylve

I have to agree with you GTX that weapon is just.... its not OP or good.... Gay lvl of that weapon is over 9000k, I jsut hope then in future pach they will nerf that with shaft dmg ect....

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 04:03:13 pm »
+1
My 2h either uses the Sword of War because it looks bad ass and has a sheath or the Miaodao for style. Not a fan of the Danish...looks too flimsy to me.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »
Its fun how everyone ignored this:

PS:I have been known to be a danish greatsword fanboy, because i love the sword and im danish irl. I had it for 2 and a half year, yet im selling mine now.... thats says something. If i dont want the danish, then who does?

I even wrote in every post i made, yet noone answered.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1619
  • Infamy: 2455
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »
I don't like the look of SoW and it's too heavy for my build.

But Greatsword, it's perfect for my build. Too bad it isn't common and it's pretty damn expensive on market.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »
+3
HAAAAH, after reading I almost got frightened that my regular native Greatsword also got a speed nerf. It didnt, thank god.

You are wrong GTX, atleast I have always played with one and the same weapon(exept 1 gen when I went arbalest for lolz). My Native Greatsword is my baby, first thing I ever loomed and used, it is a symbol of my nerdiness and will to grind. :lol: I bough it since it was 1 point faster than other gswords, its looked awesome, it didnt bother me that it had shorter range than other GSs and it wasnt as overused as DGS and GGS.

PS: And GTX you are not allowed to whine about every other class in the game like other people since you whine too much already about other stuff. :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 04:18:19 pm »
HAAAAH, after reading I almost got frightened that my regular native Greatsword also got a speed nerf. It didnt, thank god.

You are wrong GTX, atleast I have always played with one and the same weapon(exept 1 gen when I went arbalest for lolz). My Native Greatsword is my baby, first thing I ever loomed and used, it is a symbol of my nerdiness and will to grind. :lol:

PS: And GTX you are not allowed to whine about every other class in the game like other people since you whine too much already about other stuff. :lol:

Sry if I offended you, it was not my intention.
Have u played for 2 and a half year?

I am only talking about the long 2h weapons, and im allowed to whine as much as i want about it, it received a nerf, while other great weapons didnt.

Sry if u offended me? how is that not offending me? I am rly not gonna care much for what people say, since most of it is from the community.

PS:I have been known to be a danish greatsword fanboy, because i love the sword and im danish irl. I had it for 2 and a half year, yet im selling mine now.... thats says something. If i dont want the danish, then who does? Could someone plz answer this?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 04:23:30 pm »
+5
Oh I thought it was part of your signature, GTX, as I saw it on a few posts by yourself, and I never read signatures. My reply:
Welcome to the club of people who have had to trade weapons because of nerfs.
A few of mine: My longbow and heavy kite shield from the slot patch (my hybrid 1h/archer build has been nerfed to the point that I might stick to pure shielder from now on), my NCS because I went 12/24, then the niuweidao because I wanted a MW Military cleaver. Then jumping cleaver-horn bow-bodkin arrows-cleaver, back to cleaver and huscarl shield now. (in between this I also decided I wanted no looms, gave them all away a couple of times, regrinded some, etc.)
So yes, some people have been screwed over and over by repeated patches, you are not unique, you just happened to be affected by this one in particular, not even in a strong way, but hey, you have been crying over ranged and other stuff for a while now, I should be used to it

Oh, and please give me -1, hopefully I will never reach your level of infamy at least...

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »
....well okay...I think we can give you this one. But its really not that bad, since weapons like Glaive also got a speednerf etc. And check out the damage on the Highland Claymore compared to my greatysword, holy fucknuggets. I wish I had a Claymore right about now.

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 04:37:27 pm »
+5
sometimes it's not worth it to read analysis from teens.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 04:40:53 pm »
+2
I wanna use the most powerful weapon? Ive kept my sword because of the look, style, name and because it was my first weapon. I had it for 2 and a half year, through all patches and nerfs. Yet u say i only want op weapons? go fuck off. Pretty much none of u has sticked with the same weapon, like i did.

No it wasent, but all the 2h danish hate makes it look like it. And if it was so op, why was it the most offered? People wouldent give out their greatest weapon. It was never high on the request list, it was around number 7. So if it was so op, why was the demand way lower, than what they were given out at, thats the exact opposite of what should happen.

To say your the only person whos stuck with a certain weapon since the start is just Bullshit, first gen I was 2her with a GS didnt like it so once I retired (before respecing came in) I went polearm and used the German poleaxe and the normal one, I'm now gen 13 and have been useing my poleaxe since gen 2.

Also, Maybe the weapon was one of the most common weapons sold because it was so popular? meaning I loom it to +3 then sell it for max profit? knowing that allot of people want this weapon and it (was) the most used 2 hander.

Quote from: _GTX_
PS:I have been known to a be danish greatsword fanboy, because i love the sword and im danish irl. I had it for 2 and a half year, yet im selling mine now.... thats says something. If i dont want the danish, then who does?

Maybe no one replied to this because no one really care/pays attention to most of what you say?

....just saying
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.