Author Topic: I have just been couched twice in a row by heavy lancers and did not die.  (Read 7617 times)

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
Re: I have just been couched twice in a row by heavy lancers and did not die.
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:05 pm »
Not being oneshot/reared before you can attack is an implicit requirement for cav, your ironic answer is invalid, although not ironically.

How is it an implicit requirement? Idk if there are no 1 hand cav on europe, but there is alot on NA including me. We can get attacked by people with daggers before we can hit them, and we have no problem doing very well. Dont be stupid by attacking from the front. Complaining about 170 reach or w/e the lance is when people use weapons with 82 reach perfectly fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:18 pm »
+2
How is it an implicit requirement? Idk if there are no 1 hand cav on europe, but there is alot on NA including me. We can get attacked by people with daggers before we can hit them, and we have no problem doing very well. Dont be stupid by attacking from the front. Complaining about 170 reach or w/e the lance is when people use weapons with 82 reach perfectly fine.
You are talking to another 1h cav whore right there Lemmy :D (at least the last time when I saw Kafein on EU1 he was 1h cav?). The difference is that lance cav has insane attack angle limitation. It sets some further requirements for the weapons that you use (and the way you attack. You cant afford to be reared as a lancer). The length is really damn important. Warspear used to be a decent weapon on horseback in the times when there was not yet lance angle nerf. Partly the reason why I mentioned warspear in the first place. It's useless on horse now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:50:59 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2012, 09:18:03 pm »

what odin says is le true!  we have outstanding 1h cav here as well,  and they know the reach of the arab side sword swing perfect.  timed well with a horse movement,  it is very deadly.  the heavy lance can for example in no circumstance win a cav duel against a normal lance user of same high skill level, becase of low weapon speed and damage.  the very moment one is stuned can be uses to be succesfully attacked etc etc.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »
MW Heavy Lance is now the same damage as a normal heavy lance pre-patch.  And I can get outreached by some 2h swords, what's the point of using it any more?

Guess I'll go play some more chivalry, this game kicks ass, have fun fucking up c-rpg with even more unnecessary nerfs which lead to more nerfs to balance what becomes the new thing to hate on (looking at you archers).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:42 am »
I was responding to what kafein said, which he appeared to be referring to attacking infantry not other cavalry. So again attacking from behind is a simple solution to the problem. I dont know much about lancer vs lancer combat, back when i played lancer i did not get into fights with other lancers becuase it was overly risky, charge someone head on thers a 50% chance your guna die or be dehorsed, why do that when you can just run away and kill infantry. Ya you got kinda screwed if you invested looms into a weapon that you apprently no longer want to use. But in that case id be complaining more about not being given an optional loom refund on the heavy lance than asking it to be buffed again, get your looms and get your lance or whatever it is you want.