Author Topic: 0.2.9.0  (Read 68211 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: 0.2.9.0
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2012, 01:14:08 am »
Get a macro-able keyboard or mouse and add one for saying a clean "sorry". It's so handy I must be the only player even saying sorry for minor TH. It gets kinda messy when I press another key at the same time though. I end up saying things like "swowryw"
I just do ysry+enter, about no time at all, and I just make my shield take a couple of hits if needed be...

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:04 am »
+3
qqa people... qqa
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2012, 02:46:48 am »
so guess i will just wait for the archery buff like always
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #453 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:18 am »
Damn, the one thing I wanted from that asian armor pack was the shields and they dont have themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :(

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
« Reply #454 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:27 am »
Ok I don't know if any devs read this but I'm gonna vent.  The more I'm playing with this new archery system the more I'm pissed.  At first I was ok, just figured devs wanted to nerf archery to hell, they did so, so go back to mele next gen as I was planning to already.  But apparently other archer builds are working just fine.  I, however, get the "wpf in archery too low" message every round even if I spawn naked, my accuracy is fkn ridiculous, and my reticule rebounds the moment it hits its minimum size so I have to time each shot perfectly and cant hold it at all.  I'm a lvl 31 18/21 with 6 PD, 7 ath, and 149 wpf.  Again, I'm a 2h/archer hybrid with 90 wpf in 2h so I figured they made it so every drop of wpf HAS to be in archery to work.  But other low level archers say their build works fine with same ath, same PD, and LESS wpf.  So why the hell do I get the wpf too low message and they don't when we're using the same bow?  Other archers I've asked are as bad off as me.  Everyone has a theory on forums and in game but no one knows for sure what's the magic reason a build is broken or not. 

Basically, I'm not upset that you murdered my build 2 mil before I can retire it, though that sucks too, I'm upset that the community has to guess and speculate among themselves how to make this game playable for us after your updates.  It would have taken 5 minutes to explain what the patch did at the beginning of this thread.  In fact, in the time chadz took to write "more information to follow," he could have written, "archery WPF now affect by 'x' "

Alright, I feel better now...

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:16:27 am by Zildjan »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:29 am »
Damn, the one thing I wanted from that asian armor pack was the shields and they dont have themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :(
asians are too cool for shields  8-)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2012, 08:23:00 am »
+6
I'm upset that the community has to guess and speculate among themselves how to make this game playable for us after your updates
Community doesn't have to respec each time they hear their builds are nerfed. Any build is playable, making them balanced is just a matter of time, show some patience and play the class you like to play.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #457 on: October 31, 2012, 02:59:43 pm »
+2
I have 9 powerdraw and 160 wpf and my reticule seems fine, but the arrow drops really quickly with MW horn bow, which as a nerf is fine.  My big issue is that it ppears the hitboxes got fucked up in the patch with archery.  I stand 10 feet away froma guy and my arrows literally pass through his chest 4 times in a row.  I was watching this happen with a guy standing still.  Can this please be looked into because I dont think this was intended.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2012, 04:33:30 pm »
+3
Community doesn't have to respec each time they hear their builds are nerfed. Any build is playable, making them balanced is just a matter of time, show some patience and play the class you like to play.

There are no classes, there should never have been classes. It was about play-styles originally; playing with the gear and build you chose.

And no, not every build is playable. What if I wanted to play as a peasant with a stick? Originally I could have, it was hard but doable as is to be expected. Now it would be pointless, unless you enjoy getting block crushed and bum spammed by bigger, faster, longer weapons that were always better than a stick anyhow, but which are now no-brainers when it comes to choice. Not to mention you cannot in fact reach a high enough level to give such an obscure build a chance in the first place.

Of course not every build should be equal, that is foolishness, but they should be usable.

Oh how objectivised you have become my subjective choices.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:38:38 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #459 on: October 31, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
There are no classes, there should never have been classes. It was about play-styles originally; playing with the gear and build you chose.

And no, not every build is playable. What if I wanted to play as a peasant with a stick? Originally I could have, it was hard but doable as is to be expected. Now it would be pointless, unless you enjoy getting block crushed and bum spammed by bigger, faster, longer weapons that were always better than a stick anyhow, but which are now no-brainers when it comes to choice. Not to mention you cannot in fact reach a high enough level to give such an obscure build a chance in the first place.

Of course not every build should be equal, that is foolishness, but they should be usable.

Oh how objectivised you have become my subjective choices.

Rant is right.

Imo weapons should be much more of a dilemma to choose from (as in no obvious "best" choices), but they are going in the right direction with this patch.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 31, 2012, 05:17:41 pm »
+2
And no, not every build is playable. What if I wanted to play as a peasant with a stick? Originally I could have, it was hard but doable as is to be expected. Now it would be pointless, unless you enjoy getting block crushed and bum spammed by bigger, faster, longer weapons that were always better than a stick anyhow, but which are now no-brainers when it comes to choice.
How was it ever different? In what era of cRPG was a peasant with a stick not like that? Your nostalgia glasses are clouding your view of cRPG.

I am playing a 9/30 dagger with 800 gold equipment and that is viable.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #461 on: October 31, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »
Damn it, this thread will 24/7 ever have more than 10 guys reading it until a damn changelog is released.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:31 pm »
+1
How was it ever different? In what era of cRPG was a peasant with a stick not like that? Your nostalgia glasses are clouding your view of cRPG.

I am playing a 9/30 dagger with 800 gold equipment and that is viable.

Your build is not relative. As usual my point has been missed by someone having a knee-jerk reaction to something that person obviously felt threatened by.

And my nostalgia glasses are not clouding anything, obviously one of the main differences is that players have themselves improved. But the statistics of the weapons, the speed at which the game plays, the level your character can reach. These are all things that have been altered over the time of the game.

If you can deny that then im sorry, you are beyond reason or rationality. Also you forget, the christmas patch released last year? I went on to make sure it wasnt just nostalgia and guess what? It wasn't, I genuinely had a good time, I actually went in with an expectation of it being terrible.

I was surprised I enjoyed it. If anything im one of the more bitter and cynical people on here, I always was. And yeah the old patches could be slow, it could take yonks to level and the older system of xp and gold was diabolical.

But the freedom to simply look at a series of weapons and say to oneself "hmm...lets see what happens when I do this" was a choice most enticing. That has been taken away.

Now it's a case that you would have an idea and instead of simply pushing for the end goal and sticking to your build, instead you merely throw out any ideas that will not work when examined in the environment of the recent patches and most choices are not choices at all; as the current climate of weapons and system of levelling forces you to travel along certain fixed routes if you wish to have any choice at all.

You asked when wasnt it like that....it wasnt like that in the older patches. If I had a mind to I could level up to level 45 with perseverance, practise with my build intensely, become used to the style of combat and melee, then adapt my style of play accordingly.

Now I have either the choice of heirlooming what will essentially be a useless stick, as the mechanics and statistics of the weapons around me have changed, or try to aim for a higher level...which takes so long as to be essentially a none choice in the matter.

But that is what people seem to want...no choice, they want their specifics balanced, (read improved for their own comfort under the guise of being balanced for the community), at the cost of creativity. Which to be fair, is not much different to what goes on offline either.

In any case, save your projection of people with nostalgia for those who are actually deserving of it. It is not that I wish to go back to older patches, merely that some of that spirit and creativity be entwined with the new.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:21:40 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »
If you can deny that then im sorry, you are beyond reason or rationality.

You can't say that when you're attacking a straw man. Try again.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #464 on: October 31, 2012, 06:48:56 pm »
+2
Your build is not relative. As usual my point has been missed by someone having a knee-jerk reaction to something that person obviously felt threatened by.

And my nostalgia glasses are not clouding anything, obviously one of the main differences is that players have themselves improved. But the statistics of the weapons, the speed at which the game plays, the level your character can reach. These are all things that have been altered over the time of the game.

If you can deny that then im sorry, you are beyond reason or rationality. Also you forget, the christmas patch released last year? I went on to make sure it wasnt just nostalgia and guess what? It wasn't, I genuinely had a good time, I actually went in with an expectation of it being terrible.

I was surprised I enjoyed it. If anything im one of the more bitter and cynical people on here, I always was. And yeah the old patches could be slow, it could take yonks to level and the older system of xp and gold was diabolical.

But the freedom to simply look at a series of weapons and say to oneself "hmm...lets see what happens when I do this" was a choice most enticing. That has been taken away.

Now it's a case that you would have an idea and instead of simply pushing for the end goal and sticking to your build, instead you merely throw out any ideas that will not work when examined in the environment of the recent patches and most choices are not choices at all; as the current climate of weapons and system of levelling forces you to travel along certain fixed routes if you wish to have any choice at all.

You asked when wasnt it like that....it wasnt like that in the older patches. If I had a mind to I could level up to level 45 with perseverance, practise with my build intensely, become used to the style of combat and melee, then adapt my style of play accordingly.

Now I have either the choice of heirlooming what will essentially be a useless stick, as the mechanics and statistics of the weapons around me have changed, or try to aim for a higher level...which takes so long as to be essentially a none choice in the matter.

But that is what people seem to want...no choice, they want their specifics balanced, (read improved for their own comfort under the guise of being balanced for the community), at the cost of creativity. Which to be fair, is not much different to what goes on offline either.

In any case, save your projection of people with nostalgia for those who are actually deserving of it. It is not that I wish to go back to older patches, merely that some of that spirit and creativity be entwined with the new.

just buff stones and he will be happy

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?