Author Topic: Big Fat Balance Recommendation  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Big Fat Balance Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 11:45:09 pm »
1) Remove couching from heavy lance/lance/light lance.  Raise destrier & armored horse minimum riding to 6.  While we're at it, change the palfrey to 100 health, 14 armor, and make it minimum 5 riding.

First off, the Palfrey is already a very unpopular and useless horse, only really losing to a sumpter and steppe horse and overall the rouncy is better so buffing the rouncys health by a bit wont really do anything and making it need 5 riding skill is just making the horse pointless.

And seeing as you suggested the destrier and other armored horses should have a minimum of 6 riding, I'm going to presume you think some of them should have even more then 6 riding skill? if so thats just stupid!

As for removing couching from all lances except the great lance, yeah I can accept that
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 11:56:21 pm »
+1
No.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 01:06:08 am »
+1
People have been throwing the idea of stamina around for a long time, devs have repeatedly said no  :cry: .

I shall pray then that the dev's have heard our pathetic pleas and that M&B 2 shall be better. Although this mod is just amazing as it is.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 01:14:56 am »
If they add stamina to BANNERLORD I .... I ..... I.....

(click to show/hide)

Btw why is the spell checker capping BANNERLORD?
Pock gobblers

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 01:56:27 am »
+2
1. As a 5 riding player myself, cav hybrid is very powerful. It is hard to differentiate what makes a 5 riding cav hybrid that much better than a 6 riding hybrid, though. I would be fine with the change.

2. Sounds reasonable. I don't believe agility movement speed should be removed. I also think that you should get higher levels of wpp depending on what agility you have, so it starts to get much more effective after 15 agi.

3. I like this idea. Ironflesh needs +4 hp to break even with what we have now, but +5 helps make it more favorable compared to the other stats.

4. The turn nerf should not really have happened globally. A fix to a few specific items was all that was needed. I think the sweetspots need to be drastically adjusted. Without earlier active attacks on overheads, that did indeed make them much more useless.

5. Sure, but I don't think it will really fix anything, but it will offer diversity and give the classes more specialties.

6. Not a 2h user, but that does sound interesting.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 02:34:44 am »
First off, the Palfrey is already a very unpopular and useless horse, only really losing to a sumpter and steppe horse and overall the rouncy is better so buffing the rouncys health by a bit wont really do anything and making it need 5 riding skill is just making the horse pointless.

And seeing as you suggested the destrier and other armored horses should have a minimum of 6 riding, I'm going to presume you think some of them should have even more then 6 riding skill? if so thats just stupid!

As for removing couching from all lances except the great lance, yeah I can accept that

Rouncey
hit points: 95
body armor: 16
difficulty: 3
speed: 41
maneuver: 41
charge: 20
Palfrey
hit points: 85
body armor: 12
difficulty: 3
speed: 42
charge: 18
Palfrey (suggested)
hit points: 100
body armor: 14
difficulty: 5
speed: 42
charge: 18

Perhaps a tad more armor and charge damage would be appropriate, say 20 armor and 22 charge, but right now the palfrey is really useless.  Buffing it to fit between the rouncey and the destrier, while raising the requirement to the old destrier requirement seems like a nice way to balance cavalry and give the palfrey a niche.  With regards to your other comment, no, I don't think they should be higher than six.  When I say the minimum riding requirement should be 6 I mean 'six riding, specifically, should be the minimum amount of riding a player needs to mount the horse' not 'the stat should be changed to six or higher'. 

1. As a 5 riding player myself, cav hybrid is very powerful. It is hard to differentiate what makes a 5 riding cav hybrid that much better than a 6 riding hybrid, though. I would be fine with the change.

2. Sounds reasonable. I don't believe agility movement speed should be removed. I also think that you should get higher levels of wpp depending on what agility you have, so it starts to get much more effective after 15 agi.

5. Sure, but I don't think it will really fix anything, but it will offer diversity and give the classes more specialties.

1) Sadly, internal cav balance is really kind of poor at the moment.  I don't mean to criticize the item balance team, as it would be a complicated set of items to tweak.  The complications just get compounded because turning and acceleration are not separable.  There's really three different horses right now (steppe/desert/arabian, rouncey/palfrey/courser, destrier/armored) with slightly varying stats that aren't necessarily proportional to the requirement nor the upkeep cost.  I'd personally like to see them split into fast/tanky/maneuverable trees with a low stat/unarmored/cheap/low requirement version, low stat/armored/medium cost/medium requirement version, high stat/unarmored/medium cost/high requirement version, and medium stat/armored/high cost/high requirement version. In my horse balance fantasyland it would probably be rouncey/charger/destrier/plated charger for the tanky group, palfrey/war horse/courser/mamluk for the fast group, and desert/cataphract/arabian/large warhorse for the maneuverable group.  The sumpter could remain in it's kind of odd peasant-horse position, and perhaps the steppe could be a very cheap, very weak, low requirement, balanced horse geared towards use while leveling.  edit: I realized I didn't actually address your comment.  My point is that changing the riding requirement is a very easy change that could help with the large number of cav without reworking cav stats entirely.

2) I actually really love the extra movement speed from agility, but it's part of the problem with archer kiting at the moment.  It just makes athletics less of a requirement for maneuverability much the same way the strength health bonus less of a requirement for survivability. 

3) Agreed, if it were to solve the influx of ranged players, it would need to incorporate a damage nerf (nerf nerf nerf :( ) that made strength more attractive as a damage dealing option.  Right now I'd settle for variety.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:43:18 am by Xolvern »
boop

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 03:06:48 am »

6) Here's my take on greatsword balance.  The numbers can change, but more or less make the Danish & German slower, heavier hitting, and more differentiated (danish cuttier, german stabbier).

Why the fuck would you make them even slower? the game is already retardedly slow, GS in native have about 100 speed not this 92 cripple movement. Whole gameplay should get faster instead.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xol!

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 03:12:45 am »
Why the fuck would you make them even slower? the game is already retardedly slow, GS in native have about 100 speed not this 92 cripple movement. Whole gameplay should get faster instead.

Oh, trust me I would sacrifice my main for crpg to have a higher game speed setting.
With regards to the great sword changes, they either need to get nerfed or everything else needs to get buffed.  I would prefer the latter, but sadly the former is simpler.
boop

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 10:35:23 am »
Game havent got any more balanced with all the patches the last years, only slower, more linear and boring. Sometimes its better to back a few steps then to just fuck things up even worse.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »
+1
Looking back, mod was best about 2 years ago, when only Longbow had pierce and before 1h was nerfed so hard.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 12:40:07 pm »
Game havent got any more balanced with all the patches the last years, only slower, more linear and boring. Sometimes its better to back a few steps then to just fuck things up even worse.

(click to show/hide)
boop

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »
Xolvern

no for any just any idea
! big nerf fest and plrfrey will become even worse

you should change that thread to 1 big flat nerf.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »
8. remove archery

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 01:22:55 pm »
+1
So, basically, nerf everyone's build and force some extreme changes? The most ridiculous is suggesting Iron Flesh become a required skill for pretty much every build. 35 HP regardless of Strength?

If we nerf everyone's speed, damage, and hit points, what was the point of changing anything in the first place?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 01:24:33 pm »
Xolvern

no for any just any idea
! big nerf fest and plrfrey will become even worse

you should change that thread to 1 big flat nerf.

Did you read the first post? Just curious, because he doesn't want to nerf everything just fix broken aspects of the game.