Author Topic: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.) nvm patch out!  (Read 9733 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.)
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
Because ranged often takes longer to learn than melee given that you have to relearn leading, drop, and a variety of other factors having do do with the way the various builds handle their weapons. The melee skills directly transfer, ranged not quite so much (not to say archery in WOTR is particularly difficult, just different).

Dis true.

I'd also like to see something done with point blank shooting, if I've gotten within 5 feet of a guy this should be a win for me unless my opponent runs because I've had to evade all the ranged to get up close. While I'll admit point blank shooting does take some ability, it's getting more and more common. Plus up close players like Bagge, Zerobot (u fucker) and Arrowblood amongst others basically instakill me (Fucking ninja armour huh). I did have a thought that when you draw a bow or crossbow you are forced into the zoom mode which obviously decreases FOV and makes it harder to hit moving targets up close, seems a bit radical but just a thought.

Simple : moving your aim should cause a considerable loss of accuracy. It is ridiculous to see people doing 180 turns and immediately shooting with pinpoint accuracy.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2012, 03:15:01 pm »
Because ranged often takes longer to learn than melee given that you have to relearn leading, drop, and a variety of other factors having do do with the way the various builds handle their weapons. The melee skills directly transfer, ranged not quite so much (not to say archery in WOTR is particularly difficult, just different).

Yeah this is true enough. I'm fairly decent at melee in chivalry and was ok in WotR beta but I was awful at ranged and likewise in chivalry just because it was quite different (in a good way).

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »
+7
Have you considered that it's due to the fact that 2 other similar games have come out in the last month.
CRPG used to be the only option and now it's becoming one of many. If you're noticing dwindling numbers it's due in part the fact that the mod actually has legitimate competition now.

Have you considered that it's due to the fact that 2 other similar games have come out in the last month.

Some competition that is.
War of the Roses is well on the way to its grave... at launch it peaked at ~3k unique players daily, which is lower then Warband after years. After less than a month it struggles to peak at 1k, which is much lower than cRPG alone.
Chivalry will probably do better (because of the existing fan base and because it's a better game than WotR in nearly every aspect), but so far it didn't really affect Warband or cRPG player count. The only games that have caused noticeable drops are Skyrim and Guild Wars 2.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2012, 03:25:06 pm »
Some competition that is.
War of the Roses is well on the way to its grave... at launch it peaked at ~3k unique players daily, which is lower then Warband after years. After less than a month it struggles to peak at 1k, which is much lower than cRPG alone.
Chivalry will probably do better (because of the existing fan base and because it's a better game than WotR in nearly every aspect), but so far it didn't really affect Warband or cRPG player count. The only games that have caused noticeable drops are Skyrim and Guild Wars 2.

War of the Roses sold quite a few copies, makes regular patches, and still gets very good media coverage. Chivalry i haven't tried yet, so i can't comment on but from the videos looks quite good. I wasn't trying to insult CRPG i was just pointing out that these options didn't exist before and now they do. Keep in mind in addition to the people who are trying out this game because they're need a change from CRPG there are also others who will find either of the 2 new games and never find CRPG because they've think they've found their niche and don't need to search anymore.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 03:32:08 pm »
+7
Im sitting on a badass gamer rig which i waisted lots of money on yet i find myself still only playing cRPG for the last 2 years.....  :?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »
+2
War of the Roses sold quite a few copies, makes regular patches, and still gets very good media coverage. Chivalry i haven't tried yet, so i can't comment on but from the videos looks quite good. I wasn't trying to insult CRPG i was just pointing out that these options didn't exist before and now they do. Keep in mind in addition to the people who are trying out this game because they're need a change from CRPG there are also others who will find either of the 2 new games and never find CRPG because they've think they've found their niche and don't need to search anymore.

I know you're not insulting cRPG, I'm just saying that "infantry players fleeing" is not really related to the competition (unless the numbers are so small I can't see them in the statistics).
Besides, I think it's good that there are more medieval themed games; we might not get players directly from them, but the niche getting bigger is not a bad thing.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
Actually yes I think WoTR and Chivalry, with the amount of cRPG people playing them, might offer great advertisement for cRPG. Those games are more widely known and get a lot of media attention (despite, at least for WoTR, their bad results), unlike a mod for an obscure turkish game. This is a good opportunity for doing something, or just waiting for bonerfart, erm, Bannerlord.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
+1
I'll just lock this one, and revive it in a year! :D

Now.. how do I lock it??

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
+2
I'll just lock this one, and revive it in a year! :D

Now.. how do I lock it??
Nice move to lock the thread when cmp came to talk about the real statistics (not your bs ones). Didn't even see these last posts until now.

Well anyhow... Happy reviving on the thread. We will see if you can do it after I lock it 8-)

There is no sight in my third eye