Author Topic: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.) nvm patch out!  (Read 9743 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.)
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 03:25:24 am »
+7
Threads like this come up every few weeks, and it's always the same. "At this rate, there won't be any pure melee players left!" That statement was bullshit 2 years ago and it's bullshit now. The sky is not falling.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 03:58:34 am »
well I've played since 2 years and it never was this bad..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:23 am »
+7
Threads like this come up every few weeks, and it's always the same. "At this rate, there won't be any pure melee players left!" That statement was bullshit 2 years ago and it's bullshit now. The sky is not falling.

For NA, sure, EU that's a whole different story. I swear the cause of the biggest arguments on this forum are just NA players arguing with EU players (or the other way around) about matters that are completely different on either side of the atlantic.

Besides, the ranged population got out of control twice already from what I remember. Just before the upkeep patch when everyone and their mother carried some form of ranged and then again a couple of months later with the insane thrower population. Both times ranged got hit by the nerf bat hard causing population to drop. That's why it took so long before ranged really became a problem again. Now (on EU) it's out of hand again as far as I'm concerned. At this point I don't really care if the devs nerf ranged or find some other way to reduce the amount of it on the servers, I'd just like them to acknowledge the problem and do something about it.

Cav on the other hand is imo a different problem and one that's much easier to solve by just tweaking some stat numbers on horses and lances.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see ranged or cav nerfed to the point of uselessness, I do not want melee only, but right now melee fights (the reason I and probably a lot more people play mount&blade) are often impossible, and more importantly just not any fun, due to the sheer amount of ranged and cav on the servers.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:30 pm »
Spoiled/skilless meleers are the root of the problem if they keep switching battle for siege. Maybe caving to their demands is not a good idea for game ballance.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2012, 02:15:08 pm »
+4
Dear devs.

Please nerf Archers, Xbows and Cav.

Battle is nearly unplayable at the moment. The amount of the above mentioned classes has made infantry either flock to Siege, quit the mod, or joined the Cav and Archer zombie horde. It is a vicious circle growing stronger every day 1 infantry player quits/transforms.

We are loosing players fast on battle, and it seems to be mostly infantry we are loosing..

It is high time to set the 2 most boring, skill-less classes back in the back-seat where they belong, and balance the mod primarily for INFANTRY.

If you are out of imagination:
(click to show/hide)

Because we don't have that many players left, and many of them are cav and archers (!) we should give free respecs with the changes.

Balancing is a continuous process that is only finished until players/metagame develops and becomes stale. (Like now) This is when we need active balancers with fresh eyes to take a look and see what can make gameplay better.

Please hire some active balancers if Paul can't be bothered.. (i.ex Tydeus if he wants)

EDIT: Yeah I know I will get heat for this, because.. surprise surprise, eventually only cav and archers will be here to lobby for their classes!

standard 2h hero crying that archers won't stop and duel him, and cav won't dismount and duel him, whilst he refuses to counter either class.

/bored with 2h noobs.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »
+1
No matter how hard you try you really cant say that Loomed high lvl Archery or lancer cav takes more skill then melee...... but keep fooling yourselfs its a good laugh watching you hang on to your crutch  :lol:

Also for shit n gigles

Also food for thoughts.. its been 2 years since this picture was posted an the combat have just become so fuckin slow an boring no wonder people take the shortcut nowadays...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:10:09 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2012, 02:33:47 pm »
+1
It's getting a little crazy, that's for sure.

First and foremost though, they should fix kiting archers.

Maybe rework the quiver size up a bit, and have them be able to bring only 1 quiver at spawn? No more kiting with endless bag of arrows and archers would always have a slot to bring a proper melee weapon.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »
Maybe rework the quiver size up a bit, and have them be able to bring only 1 quiver at spawn? No more kiting with endless bag of arrows and archers would always have a slot to bring a proper melee weapon.

Derp...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:39:38 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »
I have no problem with cav (easy to counter, yes I play cav but I spend most of the time on foot), just turn around and look at them and 95% of the time they will turn the other way to stab someone else in the back

but there is nothing I hate more than being mowed down by a hail of arrows and bolts before I can even meet another player face to face to combat, either dead before I can make it, or down to a tiny sliver of health

All of the ranged nonsense is the reason I barely touch this mod anymore
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2012, 02:39:32 pm »
No matter how hard you try you really cant say that Loomed high lvl Archery or lancer cav takes more skill then melee...... but keep fooling yourselfs its a good laugh watching you hang on to your crutch  :lol:

Also for shit n gigles

-tbh crpg in general is just in general incredibly easy ... there's high armour/hp and long ranged weapons so melee is incredibly easy and lowskill, not to mention all the crazy slow weapons that are super easy to block

-the arrows and bolts are crazy innaccurate and low travel speed, meaning they're much more random than native, meaning less skill

-the horses whilst they may not have side lance, they are much quicker turning, and have much more hp than native horses, as well as doing insane bump damage, and the rider being able to have high infantry specs / gear (unlike native)

crpg is just an easy mode game, a game with a lower skill cap than native. you can't really go anywhere with the balance decisions that have been made.

that's not saying it's not fun though ;).
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2012, 03:11:57 pm »
Thomek you see good inf players getting owned by good cav on "1 vs 1" because the infantry player was distracted and unaware for half a second too long. Cavalry doesn't need to stab you in the back necessarily. It's enough to wait, circle around and see when the opponent is in the middle of a fight and vunerable even from the frontal area. It takes a fair amount of time to be able to recognize those small moments of opportunity (especially if the infantry player is skilled one). Half a second too early and you he sees your attack and turns around. Same thing if you are half a second late. You either have to circle away and look for other "distraction window" or potentially get slashed/stabbed.

In pure 1 vs 1 situations without any distractions your "statistics" are way off. I should know because I practically play both infantry and cavalry class with my main.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:15:11 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »
+5
I played team deathmatch on native the other day so I have no idea what the complaint is about cav and ranged.
And how!

Offline Wrangham

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • In-game: Wrang
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »
I haven't figured out how to give +1s to other posts yet, so just chiming in with my opinion that ranged characters kiting slower characters has been the main reason I'll stop playing cRPG for the day. I mostly play 1h/polearm/shielder.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:33 pm »
+3
Seems like the community is split between the hardcore melee players an the ones that cba to play an just takes the easy way out  :lol:'

Or you guys could try out playing a hybrid instead of goin pure melee/ranged/4legged noob carrier kdr gocart  :wink:

(click to show/hide)

An there is allways Eu2 if you can catch a spot if your fed up with the ranged/cav fest on Eu1  :lol:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:55:20 pm by Tzar »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2012, 03:41:34 pm »
Seems like the community is split between the hardcore melee players an the ones that cba to play an just takes the easy way out  :lol:'

Or you guys could try out playing a hybrid instead of goin pure melee  :wink:
Try harder :D.

Damn you edit button. That's kinda reasonable post now :D

There is no sight in my third eye