Author Topic: Market place dead?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Market place dead?
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »
+8
Is the market place completely dead now? or have people given up looking into supply an demand before putting up stupid offers?

(click to show/hide)

[Note] My screenshot just show an example not all of the offers are stupid but the majority dont have even half the demand as the item in question FX.

The reason i ask is because before people used to check what you could get for the item before demanding gold on top of trades

FX: item A have tons of offers item B has 1 or 2....

Now that way people knew that it was stupid to demand extra for a trade if your own item only had 1 or 2 offers againts the item you wanted had 10 or 11..

Now im not butthurt just a bit annoyed that people dont think before putting out offers for an item... is it because we have clan armouries or is it because people dont check up on items anymore too lasy? i dunno you tell me  :lol: atm it just doenst make sense to trade anymore since the timespan between decent deals are rare...  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:36:30 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Market place dead?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:22 pm »
I share your frustration. Which is why I only trade on the forums, so market sharks like Angelwhore can do whatever they want and anyone desperate enough to accept his offer can suit themselves. I only put up trades once I got an agreement with someone.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:27:10 pm »
+9
I think it is more the fact that people have looms they are mostly happy with, but if they can trade it away for a profit, they are more then happy to do so.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:50 pm »
+1
I think it is more the fact that people have looms they are mostly happy with, but if they can trade it away for a profit, they are more then happy to do so.

Likely this, the marketplace has finally stabilized.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:21 pm »
+1

We need a revolution!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:40 pm »
+1

Now would be a good time to remove looms from the game. Oh could you imagine the tears!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:09:01 am »
Now would be a good time to remove looms from the game. Oh could you imagine the tears!

Although risking a lot of -1's, but I never liked the idea of the market place or used it. The only purpose of the market place is shifting values between characters, which means one character will most likely end up with more (or less) value than the other one. Scamming, profeteering, turning the game into an economic simulator and a lot of other things always made the idea of the marketplace look kind of pointless to me. I don't see any necessary improvement the marketplace has brought to the game. It even finally cut the last thin nerve which was left of the already broken spine of the upkeep system. Retire once, disable upkeep system, wear whatever equipment you want.

In short: I wouldn't mind seeing the market place gone. It has only brought evil upon us. I guess I stand pretty alone with this opinion, though.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:29 am »
+1
Although risking a lot of -1's, but I never liked the idea of the market place or used it. The only purpose of the market place is shifting values between characters, which means one character will most likely end up with more (or less) value than the other one. Scamming, profeteering, turning the game into an economic simulator and a lot of other things always made the idea of the marketplace look kind of pointless to me. I don't see any necessary improvement the marketplace has brought to the game. It even finally cut the last thin nerve which was left of the already broken spine of the upkeep system. Retire once, disable upkeep system, wear whatever equipment you want.

In short: I wouldn't mind seeing the market place gone. It has only brought evil upon us. I guess I stand pretty alone with this opinion, though.  :?
You'd rather be stuck playing the same class forever cause you happen to have looms for it?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 12:21:06 am »
Joker yes you can avoid the upkeep system thx to the market place but then again i dont mind since ive always found the upkeep system to be completely pointless since the only OP items left after the shit storm of nerfs are the steroid horses  :lol:

Btw we gettin off topic  :?:lol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:25:04 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 12:29:43 am »
You'd rather be stuck playing the same class forever cause you happen to have looms for it?

No, but then I would make a fix system: Get a diamond/gold coin/whatever for your loomed item, and buy loomed items for the fix price of one of those currency units (per loom level, ofc). Yes, some looms are worth more than others, but if you don't have a choice you will pay the price for +3 stones as well as for  +3 flamberge, if you really want it. It's not like with the current system people who are looming stones would NOT lose value  :wink:

And even if you find a flaw in my idea (which can be very well, as I just made it up the moment I wrote it), I bet there are hundreds of other possible solutions, which have way less flaws than the market place. Using your limitation on equipment as currency is not the smartest move  :rolleyes:

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 12:33:14 am »
+4
The tax kills an active market.
So people avoid trading in gold. Trading in loompoints or items instead.

situation: You are tired of your weapon,armor,horse..etc.

You offerto sell  your MW item for sale for 1million gold. After tax you have 950.
You make an offer for the new MW item you want for 1 million gold, and have to pay 1,05 million gold.

You are out 100K gold by changing gear. And took a risk that you could get stuck, not able to buy back anything at that price.

This makes a marked where the patient trader and angleshooters profit by flipping items slowly.

the prices have a limit low and high.

No MW should be sold for more than the price of 3 loompoints. And not less than 2loompoin since the blacksmith sets the floor.
And the 10% cost in taxes in between this doesnt make for alot of tradingmargin.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:40:56 am »
+2
The only purpose of the market place is shifting values between characters, which means one character will most likely end up with more (or less) value than the other one.

Do you even understand the concept behind trading?

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 12:50:48 am »
+1
Do you even lift?
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 01:00:29 am »
+1
Doing trades like these allow newbies such as myself to have enough pocket change to afford their first MW item without having played for years or every hour of every day.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 01:11:59 am »
Do you even understand the concept behind trading?

I do. That's why I think it is wrong in a game where balance is important. I want all players to have characters of absolutely the same value. (Ofc different levels and really bad builds are not taken nto account).