Author Topic: Strategus Changes  (Read 13267 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Strategus Changes
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »
why re-implement fees? That was related to strat 3 economy (only people working in fiefs can generate goods) which was completely changed. If you don't like someone in your fief just boot them, what exactly is gained by having fief owners set 100g per hour visiting fees to rip off less active visitors who don't notice?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2012, 04:24:05 pm »
This is why:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/(re)implement-fees-for-staying-in-fief/msg630568/#msg630568

Basically, it's income. Not a lot, but It is decent enough to pay for troop upkeep for months(and buy gear for those troops).

And the strat 3 way of changing it is not what i proposed. Just read that thread for more info.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »
+1
So, gentlemen open your f*cking borders, please!

:D

no
when UIF looks at you

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2012, 04:50:49 pm »

During designing economics of your block, you have committed a serious error in distribution of points (PP). Shit happens (Incidentally, I don't understand how this could have happened, if you have access to first-hand information. A little loltarded hehe), but that doesn't mean that we think that's good because it means less battles, and we want more and larger battles.

This is how you look at it. We made no error, we did it different then you guys. Your thing to put all on prosperity from the start gives you a lot of s/d, however, as the game advances this advantage gets smaller and smaller, cuz we could invest 10 prosperity each time. I will gladly admit that we should've put more points in prosperity at the start. The reason we have low s/d all the time is cuz of retards wasting it where they shouldnt have.
But destroying our economy? What a joke, we've been fighting the whole UIF with basicly 2 factions. Only reason we are alive, is cuz of what we did.
Also you lost a lot of tickets due to you guys not looming your equip high enuff. So this is rly a potato-potatoe issue.

And cicero: i'm not wasting any more words on you. Let people like Harpag speak who actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2012, 04:59:25 pm »
FYI: It's cheaper, production point wise, to decrease an item to -40% off and another item -15% off than heirloom something up to +3.

You should only heirloom ranged weapons and horses because of that(and the bonus they get from looming).

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »
Yeah a 40% discount is insanely better than +3 loom which in most cases is only making an item 10% better.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2012, 05:08:38 pm »
+2
What a joke, we've been fighting the whole UIF with basicly 2 factions. Only reason we are alive, is cuz of what we did.
Hah i think  your words are very upset like 7-8 faction in anti-uif side  :P 

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
Yeah a 40% discount is insanely better than +3 loom which in most cases is only making an item 10% better.
well for another reset, perhaps lower the PP needed for looms  :mrgreen: or increase the overall PP generated
f.e. villages start with 100 PP, generate 4 PP; castles start with 70 PP, generate 7 PP; towns start with 40 PP, generate 14 PP.

BTW: everything above 30% discount still looks like an overkill in terms of PP needed to upgrade it.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #218 on: October 22, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »
well for another reset, perhaps lower the PP needed for looms  :mrgreen: or increase the overall PP generated
f.e. villages start with 100 PP, generate 4 PP; castles start with 70 PP, generate 7 PP; towns start with 40 PP, generate 14 PP.

BTW: everything above 30% discount still looks like an overkill in terms of PP needed to upgrade it.

Nope, did the math.
from -2 to +3 is 58 PP
From 0 to 40% is 54PP and 0-15% is 4 PP.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #219 on: October 22, 2012, 07:26:34 pm »
+1
 :shock: When things will follow in that direction, then maybe I change my religion to chadzianity. Just don't talk about this to vile Templars.

I don't mean just only reset of PP or this change of way of seeing opponent units. It is about dialogue with devs.

How to really increase importance of free traders?

To answer this question it's worth previously considering what big clans want to achieve ...

Big clans want to have a big war against other big clans, have a lot of battles, a lot of XP, and finally want "piss on opponents graves." However, it must be said that number of locations on map is now so large that the control over whole area is practically impossible. That's good - the war will be long and bloody, and final winner will be plucked by numerous "uprisings".

and

Big clans do not want to have continuous problems with variety of "private armies/free traders/former spy units etc ".
They are not a big problem, but they are annoying as bloody buzzing mosquito .
Making roster for a few suckers is simply impractical. Zero fun zone. Micromanagment  :wink:

However, you should keep an eye on priceless S&D points. Sorry - old miser need these points to fight against other big clans. We don't want spend our PP points for prosp because small traders are hungry :P

Someone said ( kinngrimm?) something that I call a "free amount" It is a good idea.

If these points for us wiill be useless, and for them - big value - I do not see the problem. If randoms will not spy and steal our points , it left me just say:

"You are welcome to visit our beautiful country"

It can be said that such a dual point system can create something like  "second division" for individualists

Strong players from "second league" at the end may have a major impact on the general gameplay. Maybe we will have to deal with strong Corsairs. Who knows? It might be worth think about this idea. Maybe 10% maybe 50% (lol, no!) of clans S&D?

I know that this concept has a lot of flaws, but chadzinski want to get the damn free traders, and I do not see other opportunities for them  :)

PS
@Harafat

Let us add to our discussion one more parameter:

Conversion tics into gold makes sense only in a very short time from the start. Later economy produces income and tics we convert into troops. Yes or not?

And Cicero is really very good guy, just sometimes is nervous like many southerners =)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #220 on: October 22, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »
yes Harpag i mentioned a second pool of S&D for free traders. Perhaps it shouldn't be as potent as the primary pool which is used by Factions mostly atm anyways, but it should scale in the same way through the invested Production Points or it would be only increased by the traders, who gain Production Points through trading and making certain amounts of money and therefor could invest those PP into the secondary PP pool, usable only by factionless folks . They could spent those poitns freely on teh map, not bound to a specific fief. Still the taxes would apply  :mrgreen: owning a fief should be worth something right!

1 PP for 700 Strategus Ticks.
Atm i have 5k Strategus Tickets and you know i am playing a lot.
So i can't spent them on anything just hording them. Even if a Production Point would cost 1k Tickets i would buy it as it makes more sense for me to use it on that than just wait for them to get grandchildren.

It would be a nice thing if anyone could buy these and may transfer those to any lord of a fief.
Wth perhaps even tradeable through towncenter or auctions.

EDIT: I love the production points, you could do sooo many things with those
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:51:23 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
+3
How about only faction members of the fiefs faction can see who is in a fief. Problem solved.
Great, now even with 1k army , you need the balls of steel to attack the village without a garrison. Because at the last minute after the attack in the garrison may appear 3k army out of nowhere.  :P
Can we at least see a range of summ troops inside the village? Like for сrates in caravans on map?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:57:21 am by Vovka »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »
Yes considering we can all spot the garrison of a fief on the fasr side of the continent why are we unable to notice them if we walk into the village and they are sat their under the command of a player?
Turtles

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »
Great reactivity from devs on strategus, you can feel them working day to day to try to have a better game.

I know, but meh...kind of disappointment

I'm feeling exactly the opposite, really satisfied, even though some changes I dont understand, some I dont like, game is changing and this is what we want.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2012, 06:08:33 pm »
I'm feeling exactly the opposite, really satisfied, even though some changes I dont understand, some I dont like, game is changing and this is what we want.
yep how about -1 from speed katana, and +1 to damage GLA  :P