Author Topic: Making Level 33 was the worst moment in my CRPG experience: Pure thrower woe  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
+2
I think you should just stick it out Throwbro.  You've still got 10 power throw and like others have been saying, getting to 34 isn't that unrealistic. 

Most importantly, don't leave us :*((((

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Stuff like this is why the training lessons auction exists. In case the devs don't take pity on your admittedly unfortunate situation, you should be able to fix the problem if you can come up with about 2.5 million gold.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+3
Sad story  :cry:
Personally I'm going to be very happy when I hit level 33 as I know I did my math right and will have 13 Shield skill and 13 Athletics.
Best build ever.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 174
  • Infamy: 1478
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Never respec, it's waste of time. Make an alt and play on it. Works for me but you probably play strategus which can be an issue.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1424
  • Infamy: 485
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
+1
Stuff like this is why the training lessons auction exists. In case the devs don't take pity on your admittedly unfortunate situation, you should be able to fix the problem if you can come up with about 2.5 million gold.

Considering the fact that game hasn't been patched in quite some time and that devs are busy with other projects I think that one free respec for everyone couldn't hurt in this situation.

If you ask me, free respec should be like stf respec, having 7 days cooldown.

Might create problems with strategus though, but idc about strat.

Edit: I've came back after few months pause and can't force myself to play cRPG longer than few hours a week. That means I'm not lobbying because idc enough to lobby for anything cRPG related.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile

Respec won't help him at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Respec won't help him at all.

Why not?
His build is impossible and he obviously wants to change it, with a respec he can do exactly that.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Why not?
His build is impossible and he obviously wants to change it, with a respec he can do exactly that.

He wants 11 PT real bad afaik. Having 10 PT as he got atm but respec would just give him maybe some extra points into IF or Ath which is fairly useless i guess.

I dunno.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
+1
Pretty sure his problem mainly is that he hit 33 and gained nothing from it while having 10pt and another wm worth of WPF in throwing will be an improvement.
Might have gotten it wrong though but he said he would like if everyone was offered a respec.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
I will personally sell an heirloom and pay for Artie's training lessons to correct his build if he wants me to.
Yeah go ahead sell the looms that I've grinded my ass off for

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Yeah go ahead sell the looms that I've grinded my ass off for

I knew this was coming at some point.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
Thanks for the replies everybody. I'll see what I can do about the training session, and it looks like there could eventually be a patch that changes the WPF system, so there's hope yet. In the meantime hopefully the wpf penalty isn't nerfing my PT to lower than the 10 I had before.
Pretty sure it's taken me about 3-4 months to go 32-33 at gen 4, that's playing just about nothing but siege. So it could be 3-6 months before I make 34, if ever. I worry the NA siege population will have ebbed by then but we'll see.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
+3
Since nobodies posted it yet...

this calculator - http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/ SHOULD (it has in my experience) have 100% accurate WPF calculations, but otherwise it's not as nice as using

http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Is nice for just ease of use, but the WPF is off, and that's been that way for at least a year.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
I've been grinding ARTIEthestrongestmanINTHEWORLD like crazy for months, wanting to be the first person post-throwing nerf to work his way back up to a useable 11 powerthrow. I had used the CRPG calculator at http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm to make sure that when I hit level 33 I would have enough WPF to be able to use that 11 Powerthrow. According to it when I hit level 33 I was going to have 144 WPF in throwing, and of course the requirement (13 x 11) is 143. I thought even if it was one off I'd be covered.

But I finally hit level 33 tonight and I levelled up and the calculator was off by two. I only have 142 WPF. I have one less wpf than is required to use the 11 powerthrow. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it until I hit level 34, which is effectively never since I'm only gen 4.

I'm not respeccing. I don't know what my effective powerthrow is being nerfed down to as a result of my "throwing proficiency is not high enough" but no matter what, that whole grueling grind from 32-33, which I've been doing for months, has been worthless; the only things I put points into simply don't take effect.

I deserve to be laughed at because it's funny, but it fucks up my best character, and I can't help thinking what I often think about CRPG: I wish they hadn't nerfed everything quite so much.
u didnt think about changing your armor? :lol:

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
u didnt think about changing your armor? :lol:

Artie plays almost exclusively naked.