Author Topic: On being a Frenchie in NA  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: On being a Frenchie in NA
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 11:57:18 am »
+1
Comparable to someone calling an American a "Yank" or Yankee" as it is often taken like an insult

I always refer to you yellow-belly descendants of tea-timing britmy old friends as Yanks and I've never noticed someone taking it as an insult.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 11:58:09 am »

Smoothrich triple confirmed chocolate chip cookie lover. Go gargle some of that neo-chocolate chip cookie dick you love so well and leave the history talk to the big boys.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:48 pm »
+4
Right, I'm the chocolate chip cookie lover.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »
"Yank" isn't necessarily describing all Americans incidentally, just the ones that belonged to the US during the time of the Civil War, as opposed to the traitors. You want a foreign term that's offensive to Americans "gringo" is more appropriate, but that's only from hispanic speaking countries (and Brazil).

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:54 pm »
+1
Free French>Petain chocolate chip cookie slave-boys, but everyone knows that. The guy was a WW1 hero, but he was old and senile. Omg, a country overrun by the chocolate chip cookies collaborating with them? So unique in WW2. At least the french fought (and got pwned, as is well known, losing more troops to bungling leadership than the US lost in the entire war. But then again the Americans waited until everyone was nice and drained before they intervened, like every major war they ever fought), unlike some other pushover fawning bitch countries I could name (i.e most of Europe, those that weren't allies in the first place). Smooth you seem to be well-informed, how many french actually fought for the chocolate chip cookies, compared to those that fought and killed and died against them?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »
+1
Free French>Petain chocolate chip cookie slave-boys, but everyone knows that. The guy was a WW1 hero, but he was old and senile. Omg, a country overrun by the chocolate chip cookies collaborating with them? So unique in WW2. At least the french fought (and got pwned, as is well known, losing more troops to bungling leadership than the US lost in the entire war. But then again the Americans waited until everyone was nice and drained before they intervened, like every major war they ever fought), unlike some other pushover fawning bitch countries I could name (i.e most of Europe, those that weren't allies in the first place). Smooth you seem to be well-informed, how many french actually fought for the chocolate chip cookies, compared to those that fought and killed and died against them?

Why are you so mad.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 12:33:16 pm »
+1
Why are you so mad.

Why are you such a blazing retard?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »
+2
Why are you such a blazing retard?

Because it upsets you and makes your day hopefully a little little bit more shittier than it already is.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:25 pm »
Because it upsets you and makes your day hopefully a little little bit more shittier than it already is.

Stop trying to hide behind the troll label to excuse your idiocy. Be proud of being an idiot, it's the way god made you (or evolution, pick one).

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »
+4
silly cheese eating surrender monkies :D (couldnt resist im english its what we do ^^)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 12:56:28 pm »
+3
The French didn't really fight at the start.  They (and England) watched Poland get invaded, then turned their backs on them and did nothing.  This original Western betrayal followed by appeasement of Stalin by all allied powers is what really fucked over Eastern Europe, so thanks for all my family that got raped then murdered!

Then they sat around and continued to do nothing until they were invaded, and lost the war within 5 days of it starting and were immediately ready to capitulate.  Even Poland lasted much, much longer against Germany and the USSR attacking both sides, with no help from anyone at all.  A legendary military failure, and one of the main reasons French military accomplishments are ignored in lieu of calling them cowards.

The Free French Forces were successful, but keep in mind that America had everything to do with Lend-Lease, logistics, and operations to liberate French colonies starting in 1942 that weakened Vichy France and gave de Gaule the momentum to build up his army and participate in the invasion of Normandy.  Another American operation I must add.

As far as military casualties are concerned, I would say about 150,000 French died fighting Germany, and 50,000 (probably less) died fighting the Allies, mostly defending Vichy France colonies.  By the way, France had 200,000 military deaths in WW2, America had 400,000.

And 100,000 French Jews were forced out of their homes and sent to die in all the wonderful ways of the Holocaust, with full enthusiastic collaboration of the French government.  One of the reasons I find France in WW2 so distasteful, they gleefully helped to carried out the Holocaust, killing 1/4 of all Jews in France.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 01:03:33 pm »
Battle of France lasted a month and half, so fail on the 5 days thing. Poland lasted about a month. Not sure where you're getting your info from. Also not sure why you find the Holocaust collaboration in France any more distasteful than in any other occupied collaborating country, including Poland. Poland's defence was admirable and they knew they would not be treated with the same sort of "benign" chocolate chip cookie rule given to racially acceptable countries like Danemark, Norway or Sweden (even France was considered higher up on the ridiculous racial hierarchy they adhered to). The whole Lebensraum philosophy was angled towards the east, not the west.
"Gleefully" is probably not accurate, especially considering France to this day has one of the largest jewish populations in Europe.

P.S battle of France 360k casualties on the french side. Again, not sure where you're getting your info from.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:16:52 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:36 pm »
silly oberyn you know by now that a lot of americans think they won all wars alone and saved the world :D the ones that dont are probably trolling you  :mrgreen:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 01:31:50 pm »
Sånn går det, GG.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 01:46:40 pm »
+3
Nationalism is funny. People get all crazy about the country where their mom happened to get fucked and spit them out.