Author Topic: Sorry, but I need help understanding the concept.  (Read 446 times)

Offline Drevant

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I need help understanding the concept.
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:05:07 am »
+1
So how does one play Strategus?

Q1: Do I find a Strategus server? But only battles, fief visits and duels show up.

Q2: Is it an online free-roam map like the single player?

Q3: So you need to ask people if you can go on their lands, through messages? If it is a free-roam map, how would that work?

Q4: How does the travelling system work? It's self-explanatory if it's free-roam, but how do you do it if it's not?

Q5: Does it use my character and equipment from my cRPG character?

I am confused by this whole thing, it's rather overwhelming when I don't know what the hell is going on.

Edit: I found some stuff out while I was pondering what I needed to do, and some stuff I figured out myself.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:27:15 am by Drevant »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Sorry, but I need help understanding the concept.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 04:45:31 am »
+2
So how does one play Strategus?

Q1: Do I find a Strategus server? But only battles, fief visits and duels show up.

Q2: Is it an online free-roam map like the single player?

Q3: So you need to ask people if you can go on their lands, through messages? If it is a free-roam map, how would that work?

Q4: How does the travelling system work? It's self-explanatory if it's free-roam, but how do you do it if it's not?

Q5: Does it use my character and equipment from my cRPG character?

I am confused by this whole thing, it's rather overwhelming when I don't know what the hell is going on.

Edit: I found some stuff out while I was pondering what I needed to do, and some stuff I figured out myself.

1: Strat is a browser based war simulator...trader thing. Only the things you mentioned are actually HOSTED in game. The rest is through the website.

3: PM, In game message their Diplomats, or better join the TS of the persons land you wish access to.

4: You click move to(location) or Enter Location or Attack location, and then wait until you character reaches it.(half map takes about 3 ish days, depending on the terrain)

5: No. It uses gear you have in your INVENTORY menu. You get that gear from inside of fiefs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Drevant

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:17:06 am »
+1
Thanks.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:43:02 pm »
+2
I also feel compelled to warn you: Strategus is nearly impossible to play as a single player, so in many ways it's not like single player Warband at all. Trade routes are coveted, especially on NA side. This makes raising the finances for an army very challenging, as trade is the fastest way to make money. In fact, you can only raise enough money for 5 decently armed an armored troops per WEEK without trading. In a game where armies are usually around 200 in size, this makes it impossible to finance a fight without trade.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but you just can't avoid the reality- you have to work with the factions (all player run) to survive, especially now that so many borders are being locked to traders.

In my opinion, if you're limited to working with the factions, you might as well join one. Thomas Hobbes had it right, the natural (Strategus) life is "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."

As an added benefit, your new clan mates can also teach you more about the finer details of Strategus.

Welcome to Calradia.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »
+1
Are you who attacked my village this morning? Were you trying to enter it and attacked by mistake?